Massimo Tamburini on the CB750 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 04:13 PM Thread Starter

Massimo Tamburini on the CB750

Did anyone catch the article by Massimo Tamburini regarding the CB750? I caught a glimpse of it in the airport this weekend, but didn't grab the mag, now I'm kicking myself for not getting it. In it, there was also mention of a Japanese bike builder who's working on a Brutale custom. I'd really like to look him up and see if there's anymore info on that build.

Anyone know what mag that was?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 04:34 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
I read it...last month's issue....Can't remember which mag (I get a few), maybe Cycle World??.

Tamburini said the CB750 blew him away when it was revealed and was far superior in equipment and finish to anything else being made, including the MVs of the time. Used as the basis of the first Bimoto after he crashed his.

Sorry, but I gave the issue away after I finished reading it.
Here is a web article interview with Tamburini where he talks about his early life and motorcycle experiences and some great early pics:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Amarcord-Bimota

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)

Last edited by esq'z me; 02-03-2010 at 05:14 PM.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 09:12 AM Thread Starter

Thanks, Esq'z. You don't remember the name of the Japanese builder that was being featured in that issue, do you?
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 09:29 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgesscb View Post
Thanks, Esq'z. You don't remember the name of the Japanese builder that was being featured in that issue, do you?
Sorry, I don't. I am not sure, but don't think he wast doing an MV or I would have remembered. Was it the Japanese builder that is now based in California?

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 04:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
Sorry, I don't. I am not sure, but don't think he wast doing an MV or I would have remembered. Was it the Japanese builder that is now based in California?
They had a picture of the builder sitting low behind one of his creations and under it, the caption mentioned how excited the editors were to see the MV Brutale project he was currently working on. It caught my eye, but I was in a hurry and didn't note the builders name as I should have. Mad luck because when I hit the bookstore two days later, all the March issues had replaced the Feb issue I'd seen.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-04-2010, 09:36 PM
Established Member

Hey guys,

The magazine is Cycle World and it is the February 2010 issue.

The builder you are asking about is Shinya Kimura. Try www.chabottengineering.com. I hope this helps!

TimMV

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode