How about Fiat buy MV and...? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 04:35 PM Thread Starter

How about Fiat buy MV and...?

MV have made it clear that the time is right for the marque to be purchased by an Italian firm and returned to its homeland (whether that is good or bad, I leave that with you all to decide).

So how about Fiat buying them, they have Ferrari connections, as do our engines, not the incorrect asumption they are powered by Suzuki (that I think can be applied to Bimota).

This bit is a pipe dream but, Fiat could then bring MV back into MotoGP, sign Valentino Rossi who then wins the world championship in his final season.

Now that I believe would be an investment that would sell bikes and set up both MV and Fiat's investment for good.

Just a thought

(Apologies if it is wrong to post something like this here, but I am still navigating around the various forums to understand what should get posted where)

JerseyBrut

Stuck on a rock off the coast of France
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 04:53 PM

Send a message via AIM to Spartukus Send a message via Skype™ to Spartukus
now wouldn't that be a perfect world?

Don't make excuses, Make it happen

05 F4
07 SENNA (261/300)
13 F3

04 Ducati 749s (Track Project)
06 CBR600RR (Track Project II)
08 Aprilia RSV (Rest In Pieces)
post #3 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 04:54 PM

It would be nice, but i doubt Fiat could ever make a winning MotoGP bike in time for Rossi.
post #4 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 05:10 PM

I doubt Fiat will make it at all--The Chrysler merger will fdrag them down just as it drug down Daimler, only Fiat won't have the strength to recover.

B4 750S [sold]
B3 675R [waiting]
post #5 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazer6 View Post
I doubt Fiat will make it at all--The Chrysler merger will fdrag them down just as it drug down Daimler, only Fiat won't have the strength to recover.
Are you kidding me ? Get into the detail of the deal. It's one of the smartest, risk free mergers (for FIAT) I've seen in my life. The FIAT president is a very clever business man.

Yves
Fort Worth, TX
Bend, OR

2010 Ducati 1198R Corse LE
2008 MV F4 312R (RG3, X-Bikes ECU,...)
2005 Ducati 999S
2004 Ducati 998S Final Edition
post #6 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yves View Post
Are you kidding me ? Get into the detail of the deal. It's one of the smartest, risk free mergers (for FIAT) I've seen in my life. The FIAT president is a very clever business man.
No, I'm not kidding.

Let's see, how about the world's worst car company buys the world's second worst company and the result will be............The world's worst car company.
Attached Images

B4 750S [sold]
B3 675R [waiting]

Last edited by fazer6; 01-21-2010 at 10:55 PM.
post #7 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 12:27 AM
Cyber SPOTTER

I do love these kinds of graphs - WTF is a VOSS Manufacturer Index rating? & a 1000 point scale? what or whom are JD Power & ASSociates? Yes it sounds awesome but moreover it looks pretty.

I wonder how many bar bets are settled with this kind of authority. As a former freelance Technical Analyst let me tell you I've had some stuff published that was derived purely from my head, and it looked fantastic.................................... I should be careful what I say

But on another note, I love what the Triumph people have done with a former basket case, I would love to see that for MV. But If a car manufacturer were to take over, my wishlist would be Volkswagon, I mean if they can turn Skoda into a car....then obvioulsy they are magicians!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MVA - Maserati Vespa
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Agusta
post #8 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 02:58 AM
MRT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVista View Post
I do love these kinds of graphs - WTF is a VOSS Manufacturer Index rating? & a 1000 point scale? what or whom are JD Power & ASSociates? Yes it sounds awesome but moreover it looks pretty.

I wonder how many bar bets are settled with this kind of authority. As a former freelance Technical Analyst let me tell you I've had some stuff published that was derived purely from my head, and it looked fantastic.................................... I should be careful what I say

But on another note, I love what the Triumph people have done with a former basket case, I would love to see that for MV. But If a car manufacturer were to take over, my wishlist would be Volkswagon, I mean if they can turn Skoda into a car....then obvioulsy they are magicians!!!
yep, VW would be a good thing if it ever happens. They have a guy at the helm who is passionate about bikes, and apparently he regrets not buying Ducati when they had the chance. Come on VW.
post #9 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 02:43 PM

The JD Power survey is fairly well known in the UK, they survey owners of vehicles 2-3 years old and find out their experiences, reliability, maintenance etc. It's a bit idiosyncratic as it concentrates on how the vehicle has met expectations. Thus historically Skoda always did well, as the owner always loved the car. Those who bought rep-mobiles always have high expectations which were rarely met.

Funny how no US manufacturers break the Industry Standard.
post #10 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 10:07 PM

Let's say you sold your company for $ 10 and now you have a chance to buy it back for $ 1, wouldn't you go for it?? Mr Castiglioni is a smart man, they ll buy it back, wait and see

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode