I have an MV too! :) - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 01:52 AM Thread Starter

I have an MV too! :)

Hi All,

After a 2 year riding break, I picked up a blue and silver 2007 F41000S at the start of the month. Not sure why, but I prefer the look of the blue and silver over the red and silver, but either way its such an awesome looking bike.

Haven't as yet managed to get much riding in due to weather and work commitments, but I've enjoyed every minute so far.

Having had Japanese bikes before, its difference feeling on a Euro bike, but to be honest I find the F4 as comfortable if not more so that several other Jap sports bikes that I've had. Not so about the hot bum though, thats a new and not necessarily great experience.

I've got a one thing thats troubling me and I'll post that in the F4 section, but other than that I'll spend time lurking and posting when I can.

Cheers,

Simon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 02:04 AM

Congratulations! pics? =)

May you live as long as you want, but not want as long as you live
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 02:05 AM

And Simon, where do you live? Country/City?

May you live as long as you want, but not want as long as you live
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 02:10 AM

Is it near Sydney??

MV Agusta 1000S 1+1 (2004); Suzuki GSXR 600 (2005); Honda CB750; Honda CB175; BSA 350 (1939) ;
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 02:38 AM Thread Starter

Drummoyne is 7km from the Centre of Sydney. I'll update the profile thingy.

New to the MV world.
So far its awesome
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 02:46 AM
Cyber SPOTTER

Congratulations Simon

If you head out of the city in a southern direction I may see you on the road or even arrange to meet for a ride

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MVA - Maserati Vespa
Agusta
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 03:05 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVista View Post
Congratulations Simon

If you head out of the city in a southern direction I may see you on the road or even arrange to meet for a ride
I dont ride to work much due to the how awesome Victoria Road traffic is. What are some of your favourite rides down south apart from the National Park ride?

New to the MV world.
So far its awesome
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 03:35 AM
Cyber SPOTTER

I like the loop that takes in Macquarie pass going up, through Robertson down into Kangaroo Valley out through Berry out towards Nowra, back through the old road past 7 Mile beach back into Gerringong out through Kiama & blast back home, if you are feeling good you can take the coast road back through the National park

You can't ride your F4 1000S in Victoria Road, hell mine struggled to get to Lidcombe to go see a suspension guy. Traffic I don't think was EVER in the design paramaters of the F4 1000 although I understand the 750 is much better in that regard. Hit that loop I outlined above & feel her purr like a baby, it's what she was meant to do.

Today I went for a run up through Mt Keira, old road to Sydney, ducked across to National Park at Waterfall & back along the coast home. Pure delight apart from the cops - saw three on that run & the gods were smiling upon me as they were the only 3 moments that I was anywhere near the speed limit.

Lots of the Sydney guys head north up the old road and tell me there's less police that way & I think I am inclined to believe that - given that today was a nothing Tuesday & I got 3 in a 150 km loop!

MVA - Maserati Vespa
Agusta
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 03:51 AM Thread Starter

The old Pacific hwy is a good road, or was. I'm not too sure if its open again after the road collapsed. Up the old road, out to wisemans ferry and back via Windsor or Dural. Can only remember seeing cops in one location, a straight bit that you'd be mad to gun it down for obvious reasons.

I've not ridden, but driven the Kangaroo Valley route. Would be good to give that a blast. Next time you're thinking of going down that way PM me.

New to the MV world.
So far its awesome
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 03:54 AM
Welcome, piccy's

Keep one wheel down!

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But...Ö..a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode