Battery tender questions - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-21-2009, 04:12 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Battery tender questions

Ok, I think it's time to invest in something to maintain the batteries on the vechiles that are going to be sitting throughout the winter months.

I see battery tender as the brand name that jumps out, is it the product to get or has it become the defacto name for battery maintenance devices.

What do you guys use?

In case it matters, I need to put them on three cars, two bikes and a quad......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-21-2009, 04:24 PM

I use Battery Tender brand battery tenders. They're the best. I have a 4 station charger and a few singles. I tried another brand, (something I bought at the auto parts store), and it was a piece of crap.

Last edited by mrinflux; 12-21-2009 at 07:06 PM.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-21-2009, 05:36 PM
Big Randaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrinflux View Post
I use Battery Tender brand battery tenders. They're the best.
And the seas parted........make note friends, I'm in complete agreement with my friend Elton.

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-21-2009, 05:48 PM

New Site Garage
I too listened to Randy last year and purchased 2. Will need to get one more soon.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-21-2009, 09:39 PM

post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-21-2009, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randarosa View Post
And the seas parted........make note friends, I'm in complete agreement with my friend Elton.

B4 750S [sold]
B3 675R [waiting]
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-21-2009, 11:58 PM

Have used them all, Battery Tender is the best...I have two 4-Station units in operation...very happy, period.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-22-2009, 09:07 AM

New Site Garage
I've had better results with the Battery Tender Plus than the Battery Tender Junior. I still don't like keeping the Battery Tender Plus running 24x7, so keep all 5 of mine plugged into a power strip and turn the power strip on 1 night per week, and then off the next day. For a winter-stored boat, I keep the Battery Tender Plus plugged into a grounded timer set to be on 5 hours per day, as it's not accessible to turn it on 1 night per week.

Kevin
'14 MV Agusta Rivale EAS ABS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'19 SWM SM500R Supermoto
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'16 Norton Commando 961 SF MkII

'16 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory ABS

'05 Ducati 749S/924S - Track bike

'04 Ducati Monster 1000S - Sold

'07 Husky TE-450 - Sold

'08 MV Agusta F4 1000 R 312 - Sold

"Some people achieve greatness, others have it thrust upon them. And then there are those who are ... born Italian"
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-22-2009, 09:42 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Optimate 3+

The BEST charger you can buy. A bit more costly then a battery tender, but much "smarter" and a true charger, not just a "maintenance tender", with sulfated battery recovery capability.

If you only need one charger, buy the Optimate. If you need to maintain a fleet of bikes the Battery Tender is a good choice, but it is only a "maintainer".

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-22-2009, 10:28 AM

Send a message via AIM to Spartukus Send a message via Skype™ to Spartukus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randarosa View Post
Randy, I don't know what is happening to you and Carl but since Carl meet Elton at the track the three of you seem to agree a lot often then ever before!
Maybe it is that Elton converted over to the dark side, I don't know.

Ohh yeah Battery Tender.
I simply use Battery Tender Junior on my Bikes and Car over the winter. At the same time I do Turn them On every Sunday so that they DON'T forget what day of the week it is!!!

Don't make excuses, Make it happen

05 F4
07 SENNA (261/300)
13 F3

04 Ducati 749s (Track Project)
06 CBR600RR (Track Project II)
08 Aprilia RSV (Rest In Pieces)

Last edited by Spartukus; 12-22-2009 at 06:29 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode