MV Agusta racing - past and present - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 12:19 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

MV Agusta racing - past and present

MV Agusta is famous for its racing heritage.
I think that the marque is synonymous to racing. Actually our beloved marque has a much greater heritage that Ducati. Ducati is going very well competing in WSBK and MotoGP champiosnhips.
I know that we are running through a heavy financial crisis these days but i think that MV Agusta should think more about its racing plans for the future. If i tried to connect an automobile marque with MV Agusta this would definately be Ferrari. And i think Ferrari is nothing without racing.
What do you think about this? Should MV Agusta risk and compete in a world championship?

Last edited by kitcarbon; 11-13-2009 at 12:25 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 03:46 PM

As much as I would LOVE to see it, I think a return to top-level racing is just a dream at the moment. Remember, MV were prepared to supply machinery & back-up to Carl Fogarty for the 2008 WSB season, but he couldn't raise the budget.
Now, if the combination of MV's heritage & Foggy's WSB reputation can't find a sponsor, it looks a remote proposition. I think a better idea would be a focussed attack on European Superstock to raise the profile of both the brand and the new F4; the outgoing model showed a turn of speed earlier this season in the hands of Davide Guiliano, so hopefully the new one would be very competitive. And it's a cheap way of going racing! Here's hoping!

P.S. Nice shot of Ready at Cadwell!!!

The older I get, the faster I was!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitcarbon View Post
MV Agusta is famous for its racing heritage. Actually our beloved marque has a much greater heritage that Ducati.
I'm not sure 'heritage' is the right term in this instance. Whilst the now defunct Meccanica Verghera Agusta was/is rightly famed for its competition successes, MV as we know it today is not. It's a completely different company.

To place the modern day MV above Ducati in this regard is to do Ducati a real disservice.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 07:36 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uvwx925 View Post
这是新加的空白文章1,可以在ubb可视化编辑器中,添加和修改文章内容。

100% agree...!!!!, simply and smart!!!!

Benelli 750 Sei
BMW K100 RS
BMW R1100S Boxercup
Yamaha R1-06
Mv Agusta F4 1000 S Biposto
Ducati Monster 620 ie
Bimota DB6 Delirio (Current)
MV Agusta F4 1078RR 312(Current)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 12:07 PM
Much of the 'drive' behind MV Agusta's racing programmes in the 50's, 60's and early 70's was Count Agusta's himself. I agree with Steve, firstly the MV of today is a different company and although Cagiva has a racing heritage too, I think the budget to field a work's team wouldn't justify the returns in respect of increased sales. On the other hand, if a Billionaire interested in seeing MV go racing again is reading this, perhaps he/she might just take a passing interest?? Lol.

Keep one wheel down!

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But.....a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 12:09 PM
BTW perhaps this thread should be in the racing section....Alvin?

Keep one wheel down!

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But.....a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode