1198s or 1078RR - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 06:30 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Question 1198s or 1078RR

thats a consideration right now and bearing in mind no MV back up dealers in scotland, im pointing towards the 1198s which is cheaper, just as stunning in looks, much lighter, traction control with 8 adjustable settings and new 7-spoke GP replica Marchesini forged and machined wheels that look almost as good as MV's old silver stars - which MV have done away with sadly and a performance that speaks for itself.

Im seriously thinking of walking away from MV as everything is favouring Ducati in my corner right now

Arranging a test run as we speak and considering my local Ducati dealer is not far and offering a pick-up service why should i stay with MV?

I still love both the F4 & Brutale but the hassles with parts, dealers and MVA as a company, I feel its time to walk away for good

any input guys?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 06:47 AM
X81

Quote:
Originally Posted by F41NXS View Post
thats a consideration right now and bearing in mind no MV back up dealers in scotland, im pointing towards the 1198s which is cheaper, just as stunning in looks, much lighter, traction control with 8 adjustable settings and new 7-spoke GP replica Marchesini forged and machined wheels that look almost as good as MV's old silver stars - which MV have done away with sadly and a performance that speaks for itself.

Im seriously thinking of walking away from MV as everything is favouring Ducati in my corner right now

Arranging a test run as we speak and considering my local Ducati dealer is not far and offering a pick-up service why should i stay with MV?

I still love both the F4 & Brutale but the hassles with parts, dealers and MVA as a company, I feel its time to walk away for good

any input guys?
Well i'm biased but everythign that Duc has i can give you on the 1078.

I sympathise with parts availability, in fairness to MotoGB things are improving from what i've been seeing lately, and the fact that you have no dealer near you, i am an authroised dealer now if that's of any use to you at all and our parts stock is slowly building up.

Bike for Bike it's a tough call, i guess ride each and give a fair comparison of both. If the duc lights ya fire then go with the Duc, if it doesn't then go for the 1078 and take a trip down south to buy an ECU from me

Sorry i can't be more help
post #3 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 06:49 AM

I can't compare the F4 with the 1198. 2 very different bikes. I like the F4 a lot more. Good luck with your choice.
post #4 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 07:11 AM

If I were to purchase tomorrow, it would be the 1198s over the MV.

But I would wait a little longer (yes, I know it's already been a long wait) to see what MV has coming and hope for some improvement in the whole customer service/parts fiasco.

SENNA 070/300
post #5 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 07:42 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Just had an excellent and most interesting chat whilst arranging my ducati test rides

even an invitation to check out the workshop & "in shop" parts stock (the amount of parts they hold within the dealership)

traction control sounds bloody impressive too, going through position settings 1 - 8, settings for track days, settings for wet weather riding, all sounds very sweet

brochures sent out to me today, and test rides arranged for both 1198s & street fighter (I will try and turn a blind eye to the weld quality on swing arm)

if the dealership is as good as the owner talks a sale there may be a new bike on the horizon

but as of yet im not fully withdrawn from a new F4
Alaskan Malamutes may not be the only thing I buy from Wisbech

Last edited by F41NXS; 10-02-2009 at 09:07 AM.
post #6 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 07:56 AM

i dont like ducatis but since you have had few mv's maybe consider the 1198......."variety is the spice of life" after all.
post #7 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 08:57 AM
When comparing two such bikes, the whole V twin versus In line four arguement will always rear it's head. I like both engine varients so it might be a tough call, but the quality control on more recent offerings from Ducati isn't up to the standard of MV IMO.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But.....a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #8 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 09:54 AM

I owned 2 Ducs and i would say that the only alternative (for myself) to F4 is actually a 1198. But really much depends on your taste: 2 very different kind of driving. 2 cylinders vs 4 gives a totally different personality and not every body likes desmos. I think you should give a try: i personally loved the bicylinder engine. Then there is the design and exclusivity......but that is very personal: sometime ago i had some unlucky problems with mi F4 and took her to fix: there were a few 1198 and i was tempted.......at the end i like more MV.

SUZUKI RG250 - YAMAHA RD 350 - YAMAHA RD 500 - SUZUKI RG 500 - SUZUKI GSXR 1100 - KAWASAKI ZXR 750 - DUCATI 851S - DUCATI 888 SP4 - MV AGUSTA F4 1000S
post #9 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 10:19 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Bloody hell, all this arranged today

and then

I find an MV dealership has opened only a step away from me

this has indeed opened a real can of worms for me

post #10 of 62 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F41NXS View Post
Bloody hell, all this arranged today

and then

I find an MV dealership has opened only a step away from me

this has indeed opened a real can of worms for me

well...u should be happy! Helps a lot in your decision!!

SUZUKI RG250 - YAMAHA RD 350 - YAMAHA RD 500 - SUZUKI RG 500 - SUZUKI GSXR 1100 - KAWASAKI ZXR 750 - DUCATI 851S - DUCATI 888 SP4 - MV AGUSTA F4 1000S

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode