Stay Away From Moto Forza Escondido* - MVAgusta.net
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 04:53 PM Thread Starter

Stay Away From Moto Forza Escondido*

I recently brought my MV Agusta Brutale in to Moto Forza Escondido for service and they misdiagnosed the problem. I sent a professional letter to them requesting my $90 fee to be reimbursed and they have ignored my plea.
This action reinforces my suspicions that this business is not interested in customer service and should be avoided at all cost.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 05:16 PM
Not very lucky..

There is always 2 sides to the story
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 05:28 PM
Not very lucky..

Have you tried e-mailing them, that way you have some record of when you tried contacting them? Hopefully you get some response from them, and if so, curious to know what they say.
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 05:30 PM Thread Starter

They told me that I needed to buy a new alternator at a $935 price tag (plus installation). I took it home and discovered a blown fuse and a small short in the fuse box. Since my discovery, I've ridden the bike over 300 miles with no problem.
There is only one side to this story...it's called the truth.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 05:51 PM Thread Starter

I sent a letter with copies of all of the paperwork and all of my contact information. I was clear that if they didn't respond that I would reveal this incident to the forums and my fellow racers.
Throughout the years I have been treated like a second class citizen from the likes of Verizon, AT&T, Cox Cable and others. The aforementioned conglomerates don't care if they capture your business or not, but I expect a smaller neighborhood company like Moto Forza to show a little more personal effort.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 05:51 PM

I'll disclaim this by saying that I've had my bike serviced there since they moved to Escondido and have never had a problem. I'm probably biased.

That said, how long ago did you send the letter to them? Are you sure they received it? Did you include your contact info, etc?
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 05:56 PM
Not very lucky..

1. Did they misdiagnose the problem or purposely want you to change a part they knew was good? Did they have a noob work on it or a seasoned mechanic? Is the manager trying to find out what happened and what troubleshooting methods were used before he/she contacts you? Only they know the answer and when you question them on it you will know what happened since it's clear cut what was wrong......that is the other side of the story. Hopefully you let us know what they end up telling you, since most times they will try and put a spin on it to favor them and make themselves look not at fault.

There is always 2 sides to the story.......it has nothing to do with who is right or wrong.

Last edited by Darkside; 07-10-2009 at 08:06 PM.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 05:58 PM

Small shops usually have the owner near by. Maybe worth it to just go there (or call) and talk to him.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 06:12 PM

Don't mean to be semantic about your post but... You left your bike in for a "service" and they "misdiagnosed" the "problem"? Do you mean you had a problem and they charged you 90 dollars for an assessment which was wrong so you took your bike elsewhere? Or you left your bike in for a service and they reported a problem which you don't think was true? Troubleshooting and service are two very different things.. I'm really not sure what your complaint is - there seems to be a lot of very relevant information missing.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-10-2009, 06:24 PM Thread Starter

I was hoping to avoid another 20+ mile trip to the dealer and argue my case.
Please understand...it's not the $90 as this amount of money will not change my life. Against my better judgment, I made an appointment with a dealer, took a half day off work and dropped off the bike. I was hoping for a positive experience, an accurate diagnosis, and a fair charge for services rendered.
I'm tired of being taken advantage of and excerpting my first amendment right is all I have left.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode