See you on the other side - MVAgusta.net
 22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 50 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 05:20 PM Thread Starter

See you on the other side

Well, I have PANCEATIC CANCER METASTISIZED TO LIVER. Thanks for the debates the info and the laughs . Unfortunately I wont be buying new Ducati V4 as I seriously doubt I will be around to ride it..... Last prediction ….Marquez will go to Ducati after 2021 or 2022 depending if brother signs for 2021 which is rumored to be in the works. Rea will battle Bautisa in WSBK with BMW being the dark horse. The S1000RR is best handling bike in WSBK BUT will it still be when HP increase taxes chassis? IMHO the MONOQUE chassis seems to have in inherent problem that HONDA couldn't figure out now Ducati seems to be stumped. So no optimism for there 2020 effort. … I wont be around to see it unless heaven carries BEIN SPORTS LOLOL.

Take care its been fun.. Jake

Last edited by [email protected]; 11-12-2019 at 05:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 50 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 05:50 PM

New Site Garage
Jake, I certainly hope this is not goodbye. Your insight into engines and technical configurations of bikes, astute comments regarding the state of racing, and appreciation of the unusual in motorcycling is refreshing. Wishing you a positive outcome. Be well.
Kevin

Kevin
'14 MV Agusta Rivale EAS ABS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'19 SWM SM500R Supermoto
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'16 Norton Commando 961 SF MkII

'16 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory ABS

'05 Ducati 749S/924S - Track bike

'04 Ducati Monster 1000S - Sold

'07 Husky TE-450 - Sold

'08 MV Agusta F4 1000 R 312 - Sold

"Some people achieve greatness, others have it thrust upon them. And then there are those who are ... born Italian"
post #3 of 50 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 05:59 PM
Established Member

Im so sorry Jake. I hope you can make your peace with destiny and face your battle with dignity, grace and serenity surrounded by those who care for you.

It must be incredibly difficult to accept and I wish you all the best under the circumstances. Well done for having the courage to post, it cant be an easy thing to commit to print and we all stand in solidarity with you Im sure.

Nito
falcn and thornatty like this.
post #4 of 50 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 06:33 PM Thread Starter

Thank you Nito, But don't feel bad as I have lived (before spine collapsed in on itself=inoperable) what most guy would consider a charmed life. Now because of spine can only stand up for 5-10 minets so death could be considered relief.

ANYHOW... After I go nephew will sell my bikes. 2012 F4RR with RC spec , 2007 F41000R 1130cc with so many upgrades I forget them all =everything except carbon wheels , Worked Aprilia RFV4 and has BST carbon wheels Kawasaki H2with exhaust > WORKED triumph Sprint ST 1050 made back into SUPERBIKE 60 lbs lighter Nitron SUSPENSION, RACE EXHAUST ECT ECT. 2009 Ducati 1198 worked AND has BEST UPGRADE EVER FOR A 1098/1198 BILLET ALUMINUM CLUTCH HUB ACCERATION OF LIGHTENED FLYWHEEL BUT STILL RIDES ON THE ROAD LIKE STOCK. (just have to feather clutch a BIT pulling out first gear AND I replaced front sprocket with smaller sprocket by 2 teeth to compensate.

ROEHR 1250SC.... I bought ROEHRs PERSONAL bike so it has 2 ADDITIONALPOUNDS BOOST > Most under rated bike I have ever seen.GREAT reviews ect all toptier components OHLINS BREMBO Akrapovic , no cat, traction control ECT

ROEHR 1250 SC =180 at rear wheel 115lbs torque. Identical Handling to a Ducati 1098/1198 Acceleration of or a bit more than a Ducati 1299 ( Nose to nose out of corners with 1299 but I was much bigger rider
Nito likes this.
post #5 of 50 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 07:10 PM

New Site Garage
From experience, seeing relatives die of cancer.
You can either enjoy remaining time, fight or give up.

My uncle heard he had a small bit of lung cancer. He gave up immediatly and passed away within 6 weeks.

Fighting against it is a tough battle, but losing shoudnt be an option.
My grandmother had cancer is private parts, she fought the battles and was winning, but the war costs her all of her energy and passed away of pure exhaustion. (80+ year old)

Or spend remaining days YOLO'ing (You only live once) around.
Do get that Ducati, and do take that vacation that was planned. Just complete the bucket list.

No matter what you do, dont tell your brain you gave up!
My mother currently has cancer aswell. Im scared as fuck, but losing aint an option!! One does either win, or die happily.

"Mileena"
MV Agusta F3 675 '17 - Matt Avio Grey

post #6 of 50 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 07:28 PM

Jake I have not had the pleasure of meeting you but I respect you immensely for your positive outlook. I only hope I can have the same attitude when my end comes. I hope you final days are filled the happiness of family.
thornatty likes this.
post #7 of 50 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 07:38 PM Thread Starter

Thank you BSG....The only reason I am backing away from Ducati is I want to leave my nephew with as much money as possible for His retirement. He and his wife have been there for me and I want to repay there love and kindness . I gave my kids a million and they took off. That hurt ALOT as I was always there for them always good to them . Too good as it turns out . I would understand if I was a rotten SOB but I wasn't .

If dr says I will able to ride this spring I will buy the Ducati V4 that DAY and go to FIGI and rent one of those luxury Huts that are out in the water
cruiser, Edward, russell60 and 4 others like this.
post #8 of 50 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 08:02 PM Thread Starter

I would like to see my bikes go to god homes so anyone that want good deal on worked Superbikes with top tier components he willcome on here to let people know .

FYI when I say WORKED I mean from head to toe, best components all new suspensions , brakes ect ect

I am not giving up,just rolling with punches being realistic.

Today a 25 year old girl that is/was beautiful. Looks just like Elana in...Vampire Diaries.... asked me out to dinner. If I was 30 or an appropriate age I would have jumped (no pun intended )on the opportunity . But at 54 I looked at her as a troubled girl with serious daddy issues and declined ( she doesn't know I have money, so GOLD DIGGER isn't the case). My buddy said, don't give up! go have fun with her she is ready to go . I wasn't giving up, I have had my fair share of models, actresses and 1 Playboy bunny (THAT will go on my epotaft lol) and thought it wrong to use a girl with daddy issues.Seriously I don't want to relive youth. Now just appriciate friends, my nephew (told him to buy a plane on me, its his dream) and hopefully my 2 sons 1 more time to forgive them ,love them. AND RIDE MY BIKES AGAIN .
jdgun likes this.
post #9 of 50 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 08:38 PM

nothing wrong with having dinner with the lady
post #10 of 50 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 09:51 PM

While we have not met in person your posts on this forum have allowed a familiarization of sorts. I continue to read them with interest. It is a tech-mechanics thing I suppose. Similar interest in two wheels at speed and all that that entails.

This post has hit me as I am sure it has many others.

The following applies to all of us. From an unexpected source.
As you have referenced:

"Though I know we must be parted
As sure as stars are in the sky
I'm gonna see you when it comes to glory
And I'll see you, I'll see you on the other side
Yes I'll see you, I'll see you on the other side."

Across the great divide.................

This song is on my final playlist.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode