When was the last time you were stopped by the Police? - MVAgusta.net
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-06-2019, 08:15 AM Thread Starter

When was the last time you were stopped by the Police?

I was just reading a thread, where it was metioned about carrying your driving licence etc, just incase you were stopped by the Police.

Got me thinking and I cannot remember the last time I was stopped by the Police. I am sure it must be over 30 years ago. This is probaly not surprising, as the traffic police in the UK are becoming less and less.

What about you? When was the last time and what was the story?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-06-2019, 08:23 AM

Send a message via AIM to nigelrb Send a message via Skype™ to nigelrb
I made my return to riding (UK West Midlands) 3 years ago and haven't yet been stopped. In fact, I've only seen police on a couple of occasions and one was a speed camera. I always slow to the correct speed through villages and towns, but am not quite so observant elsewhere.

Having lived in Australia for a long time, the comparison (to me) of Oz Vs UK supports your view in that police on roads here are very few. From another forum I have learnt that it is much tougher in parts of Wales, and there has been the highly publicised 'loud exhaust and small plate' operations that fell many.

2007 MV F4 1000R
2018 CBR1000RR SP2 : 2004 CBR1000RR : 2003 CBR954RR : 2001 CBR929RR (Erion Racing Edition)
1985 Honda VF1000R : 1985 Honda NS400R
2020 Daytona 765 Moto 2 Replica (on order)
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-06-2019, 08:35 AM
Established Member

Last time I was stopped was on my Duke. I think the cops just wanted to talk motorcycles. After a quick check of the reg' and my license they started talking about their bikes and recent rides. We talked for about 20 minutes and then they went on their way. See attached pic'.

https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/attac...hmentid=470595

With the exception of one Alameda County Sheriff that seems to be angry all the time all of my interaction with LEOs over the last 20 years has been positive.
Attached Images

Drewbert34 likes this.

2017 Dragster

2014 BMW R1200GS
post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-06-2019, 10:34 AM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Red face Itchy throttle-fingers ..

Last time I was stopped on my bike was 5 years ago on the MV SR ...
Coming home on a beautiful summer evening from the weekly "meet" at a local beach, I had a completely clear stretch of road ahead of me with only an old british open sportscar way out there on the road, so I decided to try to reach the car before the first bend maybe a mile out..
I had just passed a T-junction with a few cars turning on to the main road, so "the coast was clear" -- I just wanted to see what would happen if I just pulled all the stops and since I knew the stretch well (just a few miles from home) I also knew there were only one very visible side road ..
I managed to catch the old Triumph TR-something and overtake it before the double lines and the corner, and then slowed down to a measly 110 km/h -- After the corner naturally .. I continued at a slowing pace until the turn off for my "home road" and once more punched the button on the SR just for one last burst of speed before "landing at home" -- I did spot a set of car headlights closing up rather dramatically as I braked for the corner round my house - Turned out to be an unmarked police camera car --
He followed me right into my driveway, and parked his Skoda to block the way out ... He then proceeded to invite me to see a short movie he had made ... Turns out he actually lost me twice from the t-junction to my house .. And had no clear image of my plate until just before the corner at my house and only a still that showed the star-shape of my rear wheel really well :-) He did however measure my speed over the total stretch to an average (fortunately!!!) of 113 km/h -- speed limit on that stretch is 80 -- That cost me a fine and one point on my license.. How fast my top speed was we will never know

"There is no law of Nature, requiring the Universe to make sense"
"103% of all people do not understand Statistics"
"Sapere Aude -- Dare to KNOW!"
-- DKDravis --

Last edited by DKDravis; 11-06-2019 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Embellishments ..
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-06-2019, 10:51 AM

Not been stopped for a while .... they couldn't catch me

Warwickshire Police used to be fairly active in the Stratford Upon Avon area but I haven't seen them for a while.

Proud owner of a 2015 F4 and a graduate of the school of 'stupid hurts!'
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-06-2019, 11:07 AM

Send a message via AIM to nigelrb Send a message via Skype™ to nigelrb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
Not been stopped for a while .... they couldn't catch me

Warwickshire Police used to be fairly active in the Stratford Upon Avon area but I haven't seen them for a while.
And that's my patch. Often at Blade Honda, but agree, never see police at all - except in McDonald's.

2007 MV F4 1000R
2018 CBR1000RR SP2 : 2004 CBR1000RR : 2003 CBR954RR : 2001 CBR929RR (Erion Racing Edition)
1985 Honda VF1000R : 1985 Honda NS400R
2020 Daytona 765 Moto 2 Replica (on order)
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-06-2019, 11:42 AM

Ok, i was stopped by the police (south wales) 2 months ago for "making good progress".

Spent 2mins saying sorry, I'm know better, it wont happen again. Then 15 mins talking bikes politeness pays.
[email protected] likes this.

----------------------------------------
2015 MV F4, ABS
ECU Re-Mapped with ECU studio (F4 RC base ROM)
QS & Blipper now working with ECU studio and Durashift sensor

others
GSXR 1000
GSXR 750
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-06-2019, 11:49 AM

Wow, I was stopped in Oct. of this year. I get stopped a lot, and it never goes well. I have a natural animosity toward police... Just part of the charm growing up in Boston I guess.

Bikes:

2016 MV Agusta Turismo Veloce Lusso
2015 Triumph Street Triple R
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-06-2019, 12:23 PM

New Site Garage
Send a message via MSN to gotfolk Send a message via Skype™ to gotfolk
About 10 months ago for me. 92 in a 50mph zone. He clocked me at the top of the hill on this ramp to the highway...

Had just fixed the Brutale and was taking her out for the first time in a couple months. As soon as he turned on his lights I pulled right over, he didnt even have to chase me, came up and was rude from the start, kept asking me IF I was the owner of the bike while looking at my ID and Registration, I was puzzled by his questioning and he must not of enjoyed the look on my face I was giving him.

Lawyer fee's later, ticket was dismissed and no points.

Ironically later that night after getting the ticket my friends and I are at the club and I get introduced to some guys, 2 of which are cops who actually work with this prick, told them the story and how I pulled right over, they both were like damn if it was me and you stopped I def would not of giving you a ticket, would of thanked you for stopping. They asked me the officers name, gave it, both of them simultaneously go "Ohhhhh" yeah hes fucking asshole!! Bahahaha
esq'z me likes this.

2015 Yamaha FJ-09
2012 Brutale 1090RR
2005 Yamaha R6 - Sold
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-06-2019, 12:28 PM
Established Member

i have been stopped by Police few times since i have MV, one of the conversation:

P: "WTF is THAT, Ducati??"
Me: "No, Agusta..."
P: "Aaaa Agusta, i hear about but never saw one..."
Me: "Yeaa they are quite rare..."
P: "Expensive?"
Me: "way too much :-))"
P: "Fast?"
Me: "can be... :-))"
P: pointing finger on to exhaust and calling another officer " Look at this!!! woooow"
Me: "yeap..."
P: "your bike look awesome"
Me: "Thank you, italians ha? :-)"
P: "F****n italians, they really know how to make a bike..."

But some conversation start with: "WTF is that?? MOTUL???" :-))))
MACCA likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in