Guaranteed! It's in R&D as we speak. 2021 release is likely

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Marko G. likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba Zanetti View Post
Well that's a relief, I was worried that Johnny would no longer be able to afford a new Patek Philippe watch every month.

Bordi coming back is good news, though I'm a bit worried about the Chinese involvment, hopefully only with the new twin range.
It is, MV will make a mint with only initial design investment. They will be manufactured in China and MV will get their cut on the sales

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
post #13 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019, 03:37 AM

oh man this suxs to read im not happy at all
obviously i dont know the ins and outs of the business but why did he have to be pushed out
i thought the guy was fabulous in more ways than one, but hey i dont know him

im not sure if this is good news at all to be honest
maybe someone can clarify it for me
Nito likes this.

Sanity is the playground for the un-imaginative
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 MV F4 1000S / 2006 Yamaha 50th anniversary R1 / 1998 Aprilia RS 125
1995 Suzuki RGV 250 / 2004 Cagiva Mito EVO2 / 2000 Cagiva mito
1992 Yamaha YZ250 / 1991 Kawasaki kr1s / 2010 Vespa GTS 300
post #14 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019, 03:58 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothermvfanatic View Post
oh man this suxs to read im not happy at all
obviously i dont know the ins and outs of the business but why did he have to be pushed out
i thought the guy was fabulous in more ways than one, but hey i dont know him

im not sure if this is good news at all to be honest
maybe someone can clarify it for me
I'm with you in not understanding the hate on Castiglioni. With Ducati being German owned, the Chinese scooping up Benelli, Bimota going Japanese (this one is actually pretty cool as Kawasaki are pretty hot blooded and Bimota have big history with the Japanese), Aprilia/Guzzi just sold out when they went to Piaggio (the bikes totally lack the character and charm that they once had and everything that made Aprilia stand out) and now MV going 100% Russian, it was like the last standing beautiful Italian motorcycle love story shaped by the most influential Italians in the motorcycle world.

I'm saddened by the news and yet the Castiglioni way has always been to keep a fall back strategy in Cagiva and CRC. I note CRC was recently and quietly renamed Castiglioni Research Centre rather than Cagiva Research Centre which puzzled me and annoyed me for no other reason than it was always that, why rename it when it has so much history, vanity, or something more? Did Timur and co buy the rights to Cagiva also, is this why CRC was renamed? Who knows...

I don't know anything about the new owners, at least it will be well funded, I wish them well, I mean, what a brand to buy if you can afford it, it's sad to see ownership go out of Italy and out of Italian control, (I hope they keep production, design and R&D there), as it is for any established brand, like Bentley going German and Jaguar going Indian that's all.

I doubt we've seen the last of Castiglioni.
post #15 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019, 05:32 AM

New Site Garage
The only worry I have is the new Russian owner with all his wealth could get bored and move on, with all his millions (billions?) in tow....lets keep our fingers crossed that all will be well and wish them all the best for the future, its the way of the world now.

MV F4 750 EVO3 2003
MV Brutale 910s 2007
Honda VFR800 1998
Honda MBX 125 FE 1983
F4 Agusta mini moto replica
Chinese Quadbike made of peanut butter (crunchy).
post #16 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019, 05:39 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1andrew View Post
Not sure about that 25,000 bikes a year. They tried upping production before and quality along with service went down.
And lets not forget it almost cost them their entire business.

"Mileena"
MV Agusta F3 675 '17 - Matt Avio Grey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #17 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019, 05:46 AM

With Bordi at the helm, I think they will pull it off. Russians have more than enough money to subsidize it until it works out.
post #18 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019, 06:43 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to drmasis
Not the best news I read today but producing and selling a midrange product is a good idea to keep income in line with expenses. Most auto manufacturers do it and there's a good chance it will work for MV. Meanwhile, if the new Brutal Oro is any indication, the new F4 should be another work of art!
nigelrb likes this.

06 F4CC
09 F4 1078RR
15 Multi 1200S
“Try as much as possible to be wholly alive, with all your might, and when you laugh, laugh like hell and when you get angry, get good and angry. Try to be alive. You will be dead soon enough.”
― William Saroyan

Last edited by drmasis; 10-11-2019 at 06:45 AM. Reason: Why not?
post #19 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019, 07:03 AM
Established Member

I hope he doesn't want to mess with designing the next lot of MV's, I have never seen anything automotive designed by Russians to date that I would put in the same class as MV. M2c.

2015 Turismo Veloce
2013 KTM1190 EDS(sold
2014 BMW R9t
2009 Honda VFR1200(sold)
2009 F4 1078 312RR(sold)
2005 Triumph Daytona 955(sold)
1970 Kawasaki 350 Mach1(sold)
1960 BSA Bantam(sold)
post #20 of 41 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019, 07:52 AM
Established Member

I have my worries about one or the other decision that Sardarov took so far, but I am actually glad that the company has successfully overcome the Castiglioni jr. era. And as written above: If SV800 and B4 are taken as the first indicators, there are also things that definitely go into the right direction.

Castiglioni had it all in his hands and made very little out of it. The fact that Daimler through AMG invested in MV Agusta could have been the ticket into stable financials and the access to all kinds of technology as well as a sales & logistics network. And this chance was not the clever efforts of GC, but just the fact that Audi purchased Ducati when they had just agreed to cooperate with AMG. In anxiety that both Audi and BMW now had big two wheel names under their umbrella, they went for MVA. One may like Audi or not, but they put Lamborghini back on track, and so did they with Ducati. The red's 48 hour spare part guarantee is only possible through the logistics know how of their parent company.

What did MV Agusta do under regency of GC? He clouded the company's real financial situation by misusing employees' tax deductibles to pay suppliers while still paying 500.000€ to himself for his outstanding performance as CEO. Some personal tax issues did the rest for AMG to simply sit it out and wait for the first buyer to take over. Now MV Agusta has fresh capital, but the access to the tech and network of Daimler is gone, so MV has to shoulder it all by themselves, while their competition in the Italian premium segment can all leverage their owners' power in many ways (Audi, Kawa, Piaggio).
PTsalas and Marko G. like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode