MV parts in the USA? - Page 2 - MVAgusta.net
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-09-2019, 08:57 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
"Dying brand" ????? where does that idea come from?
Ummm yeah, have you ever read the history of MV? They constantly go into debt, parts become scarce, rumors start, another investor comes in to bail them out. Dealerships are disappearing. Impossible to order parts online. The list goes on and on. So based on this evidence, the brand is dying.

Sure the bike itself looks sexy as hell, but my 13 year-old 910 STILL sputters and stalls when idling, like clockwork every few minutes! For 13 years it's done this. I had Eastern Cycle (in Beverly MA) look at it countless times when they were still an MV dealer, and they tried to fix it repeatedly until they ran out the clock on the warranty, at which point they said "sorry it's not under warranty anymore". Regardless of their ineptitude, now they've dropped MV and the nearest dealer is in NY. So, I personally tinkered with just about every single adjustment and part on the bike, all with no improvement. Maybe it's the ECU, but how the hell can I get a spare one to try *easily* and *economically* in the Boston area? A: You can't.

What other sane conclusion is there for one to make? I can't order parts; there's no one who can fix the sputtering/stalling problem. Yeah, the brand is dying-- they can't support their bikes.

Two '01 Suzuki SV650 race bikes; '06 Brutale 910 street
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-09-2019, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridesideways View Post
Ummm yeah, have you ever read the history of MV? They constantly go into debt, parts become scarce, rumors start, another investor comes in to bail them out. Dealerships are disappearing. Impossible to order parts online. The list goes on and on. So based on this evidence, the brand is dying.

Sure the bike itself looks sexy as hell, but my 13 year-old 910 STILL sputters and stalls when idling, like clockwork every few minutes! For 13 years it's done this. I had Eastern Cycle (in Beverly MA) look at it countless times when they were still an MV dealer, and they tried to fix it repeatedly until they ran out the clock on the warranty, at which point they said "sorry it's not under warranty anymore". Regardless of their ineptitude, now they've dropped MV and the nearest dealer is in NY. So, I personally tinkered with just about every single adjustment and part on the bike, all with no improvement. Maybe it's the ECU, but how the hell can I get a spare one to try *easily* and *economically* in the Boston area? A: You can't.

What other sane conclusion is there for one to make? I can't order parts; there's no one who can fix the sputtering/stalling problem. Yeah, the brand is dying-- they can't support their bikes.
It's okay, you may sell your bike.
or maybe see Rob
http://robsdyno.com/services.html

E d w a r d B4910s08

Public Service Announcement
.................................................. .....................

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Forum Introduction Thread)

Location: Tools > User CP > Your Profile > Edit Your details > Additional Information > Location
Bike Model/s: Tools > User CP > Settings & Options > Edit Signature

Last edited by Edward; 09-09-2019 at 09:40 AM.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-09-2019, 10:12 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
I think Eric needs to sell the MV and buy another Suzuki to go with his SV650 track bikes (great bikes, by the way).....the newer GSX-R1000s are awesome.....

Oh yeah, there were rumors of Suzuki motorcycles going out of business not very long ago...

Maybe Eric should get another Yamaha....or better yet, a vanilla Honda. No fear of problems or lack of dealer's with intelligent staff there.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode