Lots of Mod talk these days... - Page 2 - MVAgusta.net
 43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 07:10 PM

I agree wholeheartedly with the post where you are and the model of MV you have..

I am a MV NEWBIE and don't know anything about an F4, but i have been digging into my F3 800 like a full rebuild and modded it enough to maybe help someone out in the future. I think the moderation is adequate from my surfing on here.

2015 MV Agusta F3 800
2012 Ducati Panigale 1199S
2011 Triumph 675R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 03:25 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs up ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by über View Post
Not sure why there’s a need for so much control over these discussions. Will things really spin out of control if you don’t criticize where and how people post? We need less rule enforcers and more people adding meaningful content and expertise to the network.
@silentservice703, you seem to be playing the role of sheriff these days. What gives?
über......
You've been here longer than I have and you can't figure out what the problem is????,
Look at the section "Site Comments and Suggestions"
It's full of bullshit......people selling things and asking technical questions......There are proper places for this....
Look at how many posts have been moved to the correct sections

The problem is stupid people, that are TOO FUCKING LAZY, TO THINK BEFORE POUNDING ON THEIR KEYBOARD

I like the last picture you posted......blacked out the profile of your MV key......a little paranoid aren't you????
My MVs are parked less than 20' from where I'm sitting ........
You won't hear me coming because I'll be barefoot, I'll have a 4 D cell MagLight in my left hand backwards, like my CHP
friends taught me, to use as a club......
I trained with Phil R, the LA Sheriffs Dept SWAT training Instructor....he said I was crazy fast and told me to slow down
"Why? I'm making 1 1/4" groups "
My greeting committee
My target? simple, your eye socket
2nd picture 10 rounds as fast as I can pull the trigger at 50'
Attached Images

lucydad and Ducati23 like this.

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Skype; theknurl
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 04:26 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by theknurl View Post
über......
You've been here longer than I have and you can't figure out what the problem is????,
Look at the section "Site Comments and Suggestions"
It's full of bullshit......people selling things and asking technical questions......There are proper places for this....
Look at how many posts have been moved to the correct sections

The problem is stupid people, that are TOO FUCKING LAZY, TO THINK BEFORE POUNDING ON THEIR KEYBOARD

I like the last picture you posted......blacked out the profile of your MV key......a little paranoid aren't you????
My MVs are parked less than 20' from where I'm sitting ........
You won't hear me coming because I'll be barefoot, I'll have a 4 D cell MagLight in my left hand backwards, like my CHP
friends taught me, to use as a club......
I trained with Phil R, the LA Sheriffs Dept SWAT training Instructor....he said I was crazy fast and told me to slow down
"Why? I'm making 1 1/4" groups "
My greeting committee
My target? simple, your eye socket
2nd picture 10 rounds as fast as I can pull the trigger at 50'

I honestly agree and like the 1st part of your post, but you are doing the very same in the 2nd part.... just saying, not judging
esq'z me and Deano like this.

to old to give a f*ck

RM 85 all stock (2004)
KMX 125 all stock (2003 now with Son 2)
750ss ie minor mods (2002 now with Son 1)
Husky 701 minor mods (2019)
B3 800rr headers and ECU (2016)
748r big bore, exhaust, headers, fairing, shocks, power commander, intake etc.. (2002)
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 06:51 AM

This thread probably belongs in site suggestions.
silentservice703 and Allworld like this.

2009 F4 RR 1078 312
2005 F4 Tamboweenie
2005 F4 1000S
1999 Aprilia RS50
1996 Ducati 916
1959 MV Agusta TREL 125 Centomila

PAST - 2013 F4RR, 2008 F4 312R, 2005 F4 1000S, 1999 F4 750 S
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 07:15 AM

Send a message via AIM to nigelrb Send a message via Skype™ to nigelrb
Quote:
Originally Posted by MV Arthur View Post
This thread probably belongs in site suggestions.
Ooh, that might count as 'over moderation'.
MV Arthur and falcn like this.

2007 MV F4 1000R
2018 CBR1000RR SP2 : 2004 CBR1000RR : 2003 CBR954RR : 2001 CBR929RR (Erion Racing Edition)
1985 Honda VF1000R : 1985 Honda NS400R
2020 Daytona 765 Moto 2 Replica (on order)
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 07:39 AM

Lol. I appreciate organization and order. I shop on eBay for some things via category, and it sucks to see hundreds of crap China items that have nothing to do with what I'm browsing for. I travel often and use 3g data roaming. I appreciate the no bs banter rule in buy/sell threads here along with many of the other rules that keep the forum in order. Kill the (unpaid) moderation and I think eventually people will be less willing to help. If ppl can't see it's in their benefit to post their model/year and location when they ask questions or need something, you think they're trying/able to see the big picture? Some moderation is necessary. How much? Not sure but this is good.
Ducati23 and Mjvduc like this.

2009 F4 RR 1078 312
2005 F4 Tamboweenie
2005 F4 1000S
1999 Aprilia RS50
1996 Ducati 916
1959 MV Agusta TREL 125 Centomila

PAST - 2013 F4RR, 2008 F4 312R, 2005 F4 1000S, 1999 F4 750 S
post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 08:22 AM

New Site Garage
In my opinion the Mods do a great job on this forum. Just about the correct level of control. The Mods do a good job of keeping a lid on the ass-hats out there and remove those who are just here to make a mess of the forum. I appreciate that. This order and controlled environment makes me stop by the forum each day in order to see what is going on.

On this forum you should be able to share your experiences and expertise, meet like minded people, meet dissimilar people too! You can meet other forum members and ride with them, you can ask questions that you can't find the answers to (after researching the topic first) and get advise about MV's from people who know a thing or two about them. You can share your common interests like track days & racing, find parts sources and technical experts. The list goes on and on. Personally I've made several new friends here and that means quite a lot to me.
esq'z me, Edward, PTsalas and 4 others like this.

D23
CCS/ASRA #19
Staff Instructor SBTT South
'Yamaha R1 Superbike
MV F3RC
Zuma 125
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 08:34 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentservice703 View Post
@über: I am the Sheriff...what's your complaint?
It all just seems like a little bit much to me, but clearly there are supporters of your approach. And after seeing that response from @theknurl I completely agree with his own words regarding people not thinking before they post. Too bad of course, but I guess that’s what the old timers are talking about when they say the forum has gone downhill.

WHAT'S THE WORST THAT CAN HAPPEN?!
'09 Brutale 1078RR
, '05 Brutale S 750
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by über View Post
It all just seems like a little bit much to me, but clearly there are supporters of your approach. And after seeing that response from @theknurl I completely agree with his own words regarding people not thinking before they post. Too bad of course, but I guess that’s what the old timers are talking about when they say the forum has gone downhill.
It's a collective approach and this forum is as healthy as it was when it first started but only better because of the continued development of MV, the addition of new riders and the willingness to celebrate a historic brand. There is no reason to politize this meeting ground, just enjoy your ride while you have it and contribute in a positive informative manner when you are able.

E d w a r d B4910s08

Public Service Announcement
.................................................. .....................

(Forum Introduction Thread)

Location: Tools > User CP > Your Profile > Edit Your details > Additional Information > Location
Bike Model/s: Tools > User CP > Settings & Options > Edit Signature
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 09:29 PM

New Site Garage
It's an Internet forum dudes. R-E-L-A-X. It's just an Internet forum
Edward, Deano, Allworld and 1 others like this.

Kevin
'14 MV Agusta Rivale EAS ABS

'19 SWM SM500R Supermoto

'16 Norton Commando 961 SF MkII

'16 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory ABS

'05 Ducati 749S/924S - Track bike

'04 Ducati Monster 1000S - Sold

'07 Husky TE-450 - Sold

'08 MV Agusta F4 1000 R 312 - Sold

"Some people achieve greatness, others have it thrust upon them. And then there are those who are ... born Italian"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode