partnership...... - MVAgusta.net
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 04:18 AM Thread Starter

MV Agusta new partnership

Not sure if this has been posted....see link. ( if it works. Otherwise lookup mvagusta.com)

https://www.mvagusta.com/en/-/mv-agu...ship-agreement

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by ddmv; 07-25-2019 at 05:41 AM. Reason: new title
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 04:59 AM

New Site Garage
Just saw this. Not sure what to think. First impression is that I am fearful of the future and prestige of the MV brand.

You might look at changing your title some. I passed it up the first time, then when I saw the article I came here to post it. That is when I saw your post.
anothermvfanatic likes this.

MV Agusta F4 Superleggera (Mona Lisa)
MV Agusta F3 Ago 2015
Ducati 1098 2009
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 05:44 AM

New Site Garage
WOW....I would like a run around MV. Brute and F4 are used for my special days.
I hope the quality will be there.....and its badged an MV. Will still need to be beautiful to look at too.

Very interesting.

MV F4 750 EVO3 2003
MV Brutale 910s 2007
Honda VFR800 1998
Honda MBX 125 FE 1983
F4 Agusta mini moto replica
Chinese Quadbike made of peanut butter (crunchy).
post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 05:46 AM

Yep, on the one hand it raises some concerns, perhaps unwarrented, about quality and what that can do to the MV name. On the other hand it introduces the MV brand to a new market which might be good business wise in the long run. Either way only time will tell.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 06:31 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Back to the future .... MV was a manufacturer of small displacement vehicles first, with larger bikes coming as part of Count Agusta's love for racing..... I think this could be a good thing !!
Black_Gold_Saw and SneakyOwl like this.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 06:34 AM

New Site Garage
Wise choice IMO.

Introducing 350cc up to 500cc are A1 and A2 license kind of bikes. (European rules)
Which attracts customers that are on the look out for bikes like Kawasaki ninja 300, Honda cbr500, KTM 390.

And Asia side of world uses alot of these low CC bikes, so it might boost sales and increase profits to stabilize and expand the brand.
lucydad likes this.

"Mileena"
MV Agusta F3 675 '17 - Matt Avio Grey

post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 06:46 AM

New Site Garage
So that's why Timur was posting pictures of China @ sunrise !!

Tim
Current
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 910R - Track Bike
Harley-Davidson Street Glide Rushmore

Past
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 990R LE Anniversary Edition #81/150
MV Agusta Brutale 750s
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 06:58 AM

A new chapter in the history of MV Agusta...but totally in line with the only thing that all strategic MV Agusta decisions have in common. It is not following a clear path. When G. Castiglioni and T. Sardarov presented their strategy after the capitial injection, they told the press that the "high" volume strategy did not work out, and now they would be focussing on the super premium segment. Mono Stores would be created and the whole customer experience shall be revolutionized. It would actually be soooo super premium that the almost ready F4 will not be released, but worked over to make it even crazier, equipped with technology no other manufacturer is applying (maybe for a good reason).

Well, the first outcomes from that strategy look promising, new B4 and Superveloce are not yet there, but at least look fantastic and serve market demand for naked and retro bikes. So far, so good. But just when you think, this all makes sense, the brand is to be thrown into a segment that only works with low spec components. MV Agusta's take on this:

"Like all MV Agusta products, this new 4-model family will embody the unique MV Agusta DNA, its unique sound and vehicle dynamics will spark a strong connection with all the new riders."

I am wondering how the unique sound and vehicle dynamics of the current MV's will be embodied when they create a 350cc one-cylinder engine bike with a single disc brake and discount suspension. The super exclusive mono stores will have a really exquisite touch when you have to flood them with entry level budget bikes. This makes no sense at all, but for one party: Loncin can continue to produce ist stuff, but from now on with a MV Agusta badge on it. Luckily it is just an alliance. If it was a an investmentby Loncin, one would only need to take a look at the recent Benelli history. From Tornado and TnT to the Leoncino.

I have nothing against budget bikes, but taking one of the most prestigious names of the industry and building beginner bikes under that label is just bitter. An B3/F3 675 is a proper premium segment motorcycle. It comes out of the hangars of Varese. And now we get Chinese mass production sailing under the flag of MV Agusta. I really love the bikes, triples and fours both, but the company behind these great products sometimes can hardly be taken serious. The engineers and more so the design team create one masterpiece after the other. And after another great vision, they again have to fear for their jobs.

Instead of selling out the brand Name they should focus on revamping the (still fully competitive) B3/F3 for bringing them up to today's Standard: LED lighting, cornering ABS and nicer dashs. Investment would be close to Nil, but the market would appreciate...
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 07:54 AM
Al-

disagree, they have identified pretty much the only growing market segment in motorcycling. Not having a presence in the small bikes market is leaving money on the table. I'm not in marketing so I don't really know if there is a market for ultra premium small bikes, but it is entirely possible. Selling volume will allow them to invest more in racing and the big bikes that we all have now and would appreciate continuing to purchase.

2004 F4 SPR F4RR Corsacorta Powered
2006 Brutale 910S
2012 F4 RR
2012 F4 RR
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 09:11 AM
Established Member

New Site Garage
There are two prongs. New MVAgusta small bikes with Loncin powerplants, with design totally by MV and new Loncin bikes are being marketed under the Voge brand, not MV Agusta. Didn't you guys read the actual announcement? 😉

I'm interested to see what comes of this in the near future for MV. I hope the small MV line uses more upscale suspension and brakes, but we will see. Voge seems to be the Chinese market version only.

"The vehicles, completely designed by MV Agusta to occupy the premium segment of this high growth market, will be industrialized together with Loncin, whom are the market leader in the production of motorcycles in Asia.

Like all MV Agusta products, this new 4-model family will embody the unique MV Agusta DNA, its unique sound and vehicle dynamics will spark a strong connection with all the new riders."

"MV Agusta and Loncin announce that their partnership will not be limited to the development of the new family of products in the 350-500cc range. It also includes MV Agusta assisting Loncin into entering the premium segment market with their premium range of 800cc. Through CRC, its state of the art design and engineering center, MV Agusta will develop an entirely new family of products for VOGE, Loncin’s premium high-end brand. The family of VOGE products will target the mid and large size capacity market through sharing technology and engineering with MV Agusta."

2010 Brutale 990R - 1994 Elefant 900 - 2006 KTM 450EXC Street Legal

Last edited by falcn; 07-25-2019 at 10:17 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode