Disappointed - Page 6 - MVAgusta.net
 124Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 07:23 AM

New Site Garage
I think you are right Nigel. Everyone should do as they please. At the moment I have 3 bikes (4th soon to come) and one of them did 700 km oer the last 3 years. And that is only because I rode it today lol
nigelrb likes this.

What a beast of a motorcycle!
It growls and rages and flies across the tarmac like a wild animal that has escaped the confinement of a cage and after merely waiting restlessly until the release, will not endure being locked up ever again.

Skye I miss you. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 03:11 PM

I was thinking of getting the Brutale out this morning for the first time this year. Checked in here for inspiration and this thread pops up. For 33K miles it has always encouraged high risk activities. Persistent aches and pains from old injuries tell me a mistake would be very costly. I guess the fear factor has finally got my attention. I bought a fast car a couple years ago so I still get some thrill with less risk. Still requires the focus of riding but not the escape factor.
nigelrb likes this.

MV Ultra Take the ride!
post #53 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 03:23 PM

My bike has only done 83 miles since the last mot that goes to show most of the time it's pissing down or too dam hot to ride.
post #54 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 03:38 AM

Send a message via AIM to nigelrb Send a message via Skype™ to nigelrb
^^^

2007 MV F4 1000R
post #55 of 57 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 04:48 AM

1st off that a nice collection.

My Ex use to ride my RZ500 faster through the hill's than I ever did and that bike would get a death rattle tank slapper every 2nd time you came out of a corner and hit the powerband. Shit that thing would tank slap in a straight line just because you looked in the mirror.
my RZ350 was fair bit faster with the pipes and exhaust ports tuned.
Strange but today I was getting a bolt for my 87 FJ1200.
Took a look at the bikes before going to spares and there was RD400 mint condition. Yes I love my two pokes .
nigelrb likes this.
post #56 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogrilp400 View Post
It always dismays and disappoints me when some one says, I have to sell my MV, Ducati, ................ bike as I just don't ride it enough. Well, ride it!, that fixes that problem! If I can ride this lot on a regular basis, surely you can ride yours. Its not that difficult, I'm an average bloke and I'm on one on a daily basis. Anyway, I'm off for a ride.
Six pages and not a single comment on the Vincent in the OPís collection? Do tell us more, kind sir!
ogrilp400 likes this.

2019 Honda Monkey / 2014 Brutale 1090 RR / 2014 KTM 1190R / 2012 Triumph Bonneville SMQ / 2008 FJR 1300 /2009 Husqvarna TE310 / 1966 Metisse Desert Racer (2008 312R - sold; 2007 F4 - sold).
post #57 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-31-2019, 08:24 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Line up

Quote:
Originally Posted by davehg View Post
Six pages and not a single comment on the Vincent in the OPís collection? Do tell us more, kind sir!
Starting from the back is a NorVin that I built and put on the road in 1978. It is the bike that I have done the most miles on in 41 years. Commuting, long distance touring, school drop offs and grocery shopping it has now done 250,000+ miles. Its been to NZ and last year I rode it around the UK for 2 1/2 months and 3000 miles. Next in line is my sons Ducati S4R. I ride that when he is riding his bikes and it needs a turn over. 3rd from the back is a B Series Vincent HRD done in a bobber style. I bought it accident damaged and took off the damaged parts, put on a pair of 2Ē straight pipes and a single seat and proceeded to ride it. I have done near on 50,000 miles in about eight years on it. Fourth from the back is a 1972 BSA Rocket Three mk2, the most recent buy. Always liked them from my early days of riding but very few Mk2 Home and general export ones are out there and I never had a real drive to get one until this one cropped up on ebay last year. Only done a few thousand miles on it so far. Next along is a Vincent C series Rapide done in a patinered slightly bobber style. I build this for a friend but he hasnít picked it up for nearly 3 months and said just ride it. So I am. Next to that is my sons 99-00 750 F4 then my 00 750 F4. In front is my 49 Ariel Square 4 with Dusting sidecar. Bought by my dad, my brother and I in 1976. Behind me taking the photo, in the shed, is a Vincent Comet, my first Vincent, another NorVin, this one a racing one running methamol, a 72 Triumph Bonneville, my sons 600 Ducati Monster and his 1980 Yamaha XT 500. Add in a Ducati Cuciollo and my sons 250 KTM, its mayhem.
Edward likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode