Moto E - MVAgusta.net
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 12:29 PM Thread Starter

Moto E

Just watched qualifying for the first new Moto E World Cup from Germany and I am looking forward to the race tomorrow.

Anyone watched it, any thoughts?

I believe that it is the way forward for all Motorsport and the speed is already there, with the pole lap being 7 seconds off the Moto GP qualifying lap. Which is good, considering the bikes weigh around 250 KG. Also great to hear the sound of the knee sliders on the floor
nigelrb likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 01:38 PM

Send a message via AIM to nigelrb Send a message via Skype™ to nigelrb
I was suitably impressed also. I would like to ride just an 'ordinary' street electric for the experience and sensation. Problem with that is that they're so expensive (as is any new product) and even second hand seem out of reach compared to main stream bikes.

On the circuit though, whilst interesting, it might take some time until they're universally accepted. I base this on my own impression of watching the Formula 'E' series (cars). Sure, there's good racing, but the engine sounds have a lot to do with the sensation of speed and viewer enjoyment. Remember the furore back in 2014 when the 'silenced' turbos were reintroduced into Formula One? Massive outcry! I think the regs were relaxed the following year to allow a few more decibels. Now, it is the norm.

And so it will be with these electric bikes. And in a country like UK, where local governments over regulate, we could see these as being the ONLY motorcycles permitted within the London Congestion Zone.

Not sure about this 'knee sliders on the floor' sound. Either my TV's stuffed or I need a serious hearing examination.

2007 MV F4 1000R
2018 CBR1000RR SP2 : 2011 CBR1000RR : 2004 CBR1000RR : 2003 CBR954RR : 2001 CBR929RR (Erion Racing Edition)
1985 Honda VF1000R : 1985 Honda NS400R
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XPARAUK View Post
Just watched qualifying for the first new Moto E World Cup from Germany and I am looking forward to the race tomorrow.

I believe that it is the way forward for all Motorsport and the speed is already there, with the pole lap being 7 seconds off the Moto GP qualifying lap. Which is good, considering the bikes weigh around 250 KG. Also great to hear the sound of the knee sliders on the floor

No, it is not the way forward for all Motorsports. Do not rush preaching. Carbon neutral(and even negative/process, if necessary) synthetic(NOT Bio) fuels......they will call them electro-fuels, they already do, the EU is laying the groundwork, USA the same. And China is laughing.

We are talking about the biggest of chessboards/games. Mobility is only part of it.

Hordes of useful idiots....left and right, up and down. Don't get caught.

The qualifying was a parody in my eyes.
7 seconds off the Moto GP lap? Around 2 secs off the Moto3 one, WITH 160hp! Oh the efficiency! And the sublime lines the riders were taking! But that is not the point.

Stop preaching
mikecr50, PTsalas and Teeps like this.

Nes

Last edited by Nesca; 07-06-2019 at 04:23 PM.
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 03:21 PM

New Site Garage
Apparently Wimbledone was more important in my country.....
No motoGP & moto2 or motoE qualies on TV.

Hows tomorrow's schedule? Moto3/Moto2/MotoGP/MotoE???

BTW for those who dont know the bikes are based on the Energica Ego
nigelrb likes this.

"Mileena"
MV Agusta F3 675 '17 - Matt Avio Grey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Gold_Saw View Post
Apparently Wimbledone was more important in my country.....
No motoGP & moto2 or motoE qualies on TV.

Hows tomorrow's schedule? Moto3/Moto2/MotoGP/MotoE???

BTW for those who dont know the bikes are based on the Energica Ego

No, Moto E is 1st in the morning.

The Energica Ego is a nice bike. I rode one. Interesting.
If I was in the market for an electric bike, that would be the one for me.
But I am not! And I won't

Nes

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nesca View Post
No, it is not the way forward for all Motorsports. Do not rush preaching. Carbon neutral(and even negative/process, if necessary) synthetic(NOT Bio) fuels......they will call them electro-fuels, they already do, the EU is laying the groundwork, USA the same. And China is laughing.

We are talking about the biggest of chessboards/games. Mobility is only part of it.

Hordes of useful idiots....left and right, up and down. Don't get caught.

The qualifying was a parody in my eyes.
7 seconds off the Moto GP lap? Around 2 secs off the Moto3 one, WITH 160hp! Oh the efficiency! And the sublime lines the riders were taking! But that is not the point.

Stop preaching
THIS!!!

I did watch Formula E and thought it was uninteresting after 5 min.

Remember that MotoGP engine development, performance and weight is intentionally retarded in order to keep "costs down" and competition high. They are not using the latest engine materials and technologies available. They could go much lighter and much more powerful than is currently achieved due to "the rules". Once e-fuels come on-line I believe that some of the benefits of electric will be outweighed by the impact of mining of Lithium for the batteries and the risk of fires which hasn't been 100% addressed. Electric will have its place and purpose, but I too don't like fortune tellers predicting the future. I watched a documentary on the history of the Boeing 747, it was not taken seriously in the 1970s as everyone was investing and predicting the future to be supersonic travel...

Food for thought, I read somewhere that more greenhouse gasses are released in a year by people going to watch football games live during a Fifa world cup year, than all the motorcycles on earth in that same year. If they really care about reducing green house gas emissions, all sport should be played at the same venue every time (so the teams don't have to keep travelling), with only televised audiences allowed. Yes, I'm joking ...
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 02:08 PM

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XPARAUK View Post

Another answer to a question not asked...

2016 Turismo Veloce 800

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 09:53 AM

Pretty good racing IMO. It's a good thing they're starting out with that is essentially sprint races.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 02:41 PM
Established Member

Pretty good if you ask me. Not everyday you see the start of a new motorsport. The bikes do tend to carry a fair bit of momentum when crashed. They’ll probably have to tighten up on that. Thumbs up from me.
nigelrb likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in