Motul - MVAgusta.net
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 07:11 AM Thread Starter

Motul

I am having trouble finding a local supplier of Motul products, as they are currently the recommend choice of MV fluids.

I generally do use the manufacturers recommend choice, but the strange thing is that the Dealer where we purchased our 2019 Dragsters (year and model just for you silentservice) from do not use Motul.

At our first service should we supply Motul for the dealer to use or just use what the Dealer has (Liqui Moly)?

Last edited by XPARAUK; 04-19-2019 at 01:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 07:40 AM

Send a message via AIM to nigelrb Send a message via Skype™ to nigelrb
Your bike; your call.

There might be some embarrassment about taking your own oil in, but the cause is legitimate. Sure, the dealer will say they supply like oils, but a true enthusiast should want to follow the manufacturer's recommendations implicitly - or at least I would.

The side issue here is shame on the dealer for not supporting its franchise with recommended lubricants. It would seem that Liqui Moly has offered a more enticing commission scale.

2007 MV F4 1000R
2018 CBR1000RR SP2 : 2011 CBR1000RR : 2004 CBR1000RR : 2003 CBR954RR : 2001 CBR929RR (Erion Racing Edition)
1985 Honda VF1000R : 1985 Honda NS400R
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XPARAUK View Post
I am having trouble finding a local supplier of Motul products, as they are currently the recommend choice of MV fluids.

I generally do use the manufacturers recommend choice, but the strange thing is that the Dealer where we purchased our MV's from do not use Motul.

At our first service should we supply Motul for the dealer to use or just use what the Dealer has (Liqui Moly)?

That MV recommends Motul doesn't mean anything. Or any manufacturer that recommends a specific oil brand for that matter.
It is just a collaboration or marketing(BMW oil for example), nothing more.
That the Dealer does not follow the factory line on which brand of oil to use is not uncommon or strange at all.
The important thing to consider is oil specification and quality(a respected brand).
Liqui Moly is well regarded to my knowledge.

That being said, Motul is my personal favorite.

Nes

Last edited by Nesca; 04-18-2019 at 08:24 AM.
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelrb View Post
Your bike; your call.

There might be some embarrassment about taking your own oil in, but the cause is legitimate. Sure, the dealer will say they supply like oils, but a true enthusiast should want to follow the manufacturer's recommendations implicitly - or at least I would.

The side issue here is shame on the dealer for not supporting its franchise with recommended lubricants. It would seem that Liqui Moly has offered a more enticing commission scale.

No embarrassment if one is respectful.
Just talk to your dealer beforehand. Some are completely cool with that, some are not.
In the past I offered a dealer to charge me his commission for oil, while he used the one I brought. Simple if both sides are considerate.

Nes

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 08:05 AM

New Site Garage
I feel that if a machine is supplied through a dealer network, said dealer should be able to supply recommended stock for the type of machine. How would a warranty claim stack up on a broken (god forbid) engine not using the recommended lubricants, either the handbook should say what is recommended or an alternative to give the dealer a fair chance. MV should be looking at this when they give the dealer the franchise? or am i missing something?
nigelrb likes this.

MV F4 750 EVO3 2003
MV Brutale 910s 2007
Honda VFR800 1998
Honda MBX 125 FE 1983
F4 Agusta mini moto replica
Chinese Quadbike made of peanut butter (crunchy).
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVO Chris View Post
I feel that if a machine is supplied through a dealer network, said dealer should be able to supply recommended stock for the type of machine. How would a warranty claim stack up on a broken (god forbid) engine not using the recommended lubricants, either the handbook should say what is recommended or an alternative to give the dealer a fair chance. MV should be looking at this when they give the dealer the franchise? or am i missing something?

Yes you are missing something. There is no provision or warranty clause about using a specific brand of oil. That would be utter nonsense.

One has to use the correct specification of oil to be covered by the warranty. Additional detail concerns the date of the oil and how it was stored. When the oil change is performed by the dealer, he assumes responsibility for the one the client brought.
But in practice for all this to lead to warranty problems and conflicts....highly unlikely.
Teeps likes this.

Nes

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 09:08 AM

New Site Garage
Hi Nes, I understand that, and if warranty implies that then all is well.
a bit out there but my lawn mower states that i should use Mountfield oil to a spec otherwise all warranties implied are void. That is from the manual. It is only lawn mower after all and not a high precision machine. Point taken.

MV F4 750 EVO3 2003
MV Brutale 910s 2007
Honda VFR800 1998
Honda MBX 125 FE 1983
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 09:42 AM

And remember, for every kinky, glamorous, sadomasochistic, experimental, avant-garde oil related masturbating need, there is this place:

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forum.../forum_summary

Nes

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 09:50 AM

New Site Garage
LOL....wont be visiting that site very often. Needs to be 18 and over rated.

MV F4 750 EVO3 2003
MV Brutale 910s 2007
Honda VFR800 1998
Honda MBX 125 FE 1983
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 09:50 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
Please put your bike year and model in your signature line!!

@XPARAUK:

This makes me mental....I admit it! Not knowing the year or model of the bike makes this conversation difficult. For instance, if your bike is a 3 cylinder bike, then 10W60 is the incorrect spec for the oil.

That being said, if your bike is a second generation four cylinder, then what is important is circled in red. Notice this does not mention MOTUL Products. The manual is the 2013 F4 manual Edition Three .

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  347.1 KB

Gapalicious 2019 at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in