What gear do you guys use for street riding? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-20-2009, 02:02 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via MSN to Cali_RSV Send a message via Yahoo to Cali_RSV
What gear do you guys use for street riding?

I just think full leathers is a bit much to commute to work and short sunday outings. I don't ride hard by anymeans. I'm just curious what everyone wears in terms of gear when doing short rides and commutes to work. I personally wear a leather jacket, gloves and helmet. I'm looking into the Sidi Streetburner half boot and maybe some textile pants. Would leather and textile look weird together?

J
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-20-2009, 02:38 AM
Banned

as below with alpine star gloves and agv helmet

Attachment 27615

full leathers for fast days out (or days you want to abuse the laws)

Last edited by F41NXS; 06-20-2009 at 06:36 AM.
post #3 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-20-2009, 05:47 AM

Ultimately, it's about the balance between comfort and protection. In the desert heat it's very difficult to chose protection over comfort. I find upper body armor quite annoying. I've tried textile and mesh with armor but I prefer my 10 year old cruiser style leather jacket with none. I like Carhart's with dual layer from pockets to shins. You have to remove some rivets but it feels like more protection than jeans. Works well with T-pro armor. Heat dictates hand protection (as much as I can stand). My goal is to be able to go to the bathroom without help during the healing process. If I can walk and use my hands I'll get by, if not, it probably won't matter. Appearance is irrelevant.

MV Ultra Take the ride!
post #4 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-20-2009, 05:51 AM

SMX-2 Alpinestars short boots, Alpinestars gloves, Shift Torque jeans, textile jacket and Shoei helmet. Learther jacket in the cooler months. I always wear good gear cos I like my skin!!
post #5 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-20-2009, 07:10 AM

Triumph Daytona Boots, Ducati Kevlar Jeans, MV F4 Corse Jacket, IXS Titanium studded glove, Shoei helmet.....

I have a bunch of other stuff, but that's what I wear mostly. Did on my ride today.

Freezing here right now, going for a longer ride tomorrow, probably in Spidi cordura/kevlar to try and stay warm, but that's unusual

Happiness is Red and Silver.
post #6 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-20-2009, 07:15 AM

New Site Garage
Now that the winter chills have subsided here in So Cal, I must admit that sometimes leathers are a bit much...As in prior years, with the early sunrise and the long, hot days of summer upon us, I have switched to my "Summer Gear".

This is how I will look when I arrive at Randy's party this summer, on my R6...Watch out though, 'cause sometimes the lycra is a bit revealing, and I can't say that the vibrations from the R6's motor aren't at least somewhat arousing! See y'all there!

Griff
twoeleven

Last edited by twoeleven; 06-20-2009 at 11:51 PM.
post #7 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-20-2009, 07:52 AM
Established Member

I normally start in first, change to second, a bit faster then change to third, and depending on how fast i want to go keep changing or stay in third.
post #8 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-20-2009, 08:00 AM

commute trips normally in kevlar jeans, leather(winter)/textile(summer) jacket with spine board + kidney belt. anything thats not commuting is full leathers
post #9 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-20-2009, 08:39 AM
ASM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo_clarkie View Post
Triumph Daytona Boots, Ducati Kevlar Jeans, MV F4 Corse Jacket, IXS Titanium studded glove, Shoei helmet.....
Ducati Kevlar jeans? Do you have any reference to them since a quick search did not reveal anything? Thanks.

Ciao, Andreas
post #10 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-20-2009, 08:58 AM

Full Dainese- what's the use wearing jeans or those kevlar jeans when your knee caps would be obliterated on any impact ... just not worth the risk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode