Coming back to MV - MVAgusta.net
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 04:58 PM Thread Starter

Coming back to MV

Hey lads its been quite a while since I was on here.I sold my 989r in 17 and bought a 16 Tuono Factory which I adore.But I've now sold my 07 RSV Factory and I am going to get another MV.My dilemma is I love the 14-15 F4 but I'm getting to the age where I don't know if I want another sports bike.My RSV Factory I used only 4 times in a year as I was always on the Tuono.I like the Turismo Veloce but all I seem to hear are bad stories about problems and supply issues.Any opinions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 06:31 PM

Welcome back!

2009 F4 RR 1078 312
2005 F4 Tamboweenie
2005 F4 1000S
1999 Aprilia RS50
1996 Ducati 916
1959 MV Agusta TREL 125 Centomila

PAST - 2013 F4RR, 2008 F4 312R, 2005 F4 1000S, 1999 F4 750 S
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 07:01 PM

Gidday Wexford

There are a few other posts about the TV and potential new purchasers, have a look through the TV thread. I have a TV & an F4RR, which I bought within a few months of each other. I am considering an F3, even if they are only as much fun as the TV, but with more power, that is too much fun.

Within minutes of my TV test ride, I felt completely at home, ripping through my favourite local corners as if it was an old friend. I decided to buy one within 15 minutes. It won 2015 Bike of the Year at 2 Wheels Australia, and if you look at it, and ride it, you will know why.

The TV is tallish, but not overly, not really recommended for short arses though. If you are buying a TV 2nd hand I suggest you make sure that all the service bulletins have been actioned for the bike you are considering, service history etc, and if buying new then you can just enjoy yourself. There should be some bargains to be had as a result of people panicing about reliability. There are some issues you need to be aware of, such as the clutch, and some owners have had electronic gremlins, but I speculate that most have not.

I read all the articles and posts about MV before I purchased, and I live in a state that has no dealer. No regrets. There is not really a bike like the TV that I can think of that I desire. Maybe a KTM 790 Duke, but they are more street racer in looks.

If you do not have at least some mechanical compotence, and there is no MV dealer, or reputable and compotent bike shops close to you, and it is your only bike, then maybe you should consider your options. That criteria would rule out all Italian and yank bikes. And yet, one sees them everywhere.

regards
Scott
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 12:25 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillo45 View Post
Hey lads its been quite a while since I was on here.I sold my 989r in 17 and bought a 16 Tuono Factory which I adore.But I've now sold my 07 RSV Factory and I am going to get another MV.My dilemma is I love the 14-15 F4 but I'm getting to the age where I don't know if I want another sports bike.My RSV Factory I used only 4 times in a year as I was always on the Tuono.I like the Turismo Veloce but all I seem to hear are bad stories about problems and supply issues.Any opinions.

Welcome back, after 3 - F4's I also had a gap of 5 or 6 years then returned to a Brutale 1078 and a Pirelli Dragster on order, I now miss the F4 very much and fear a F4 - 1078 will also be desired.

You always hear and read of bad stories, never good ones, I never had issues with my F4, EV03, 1000s or 312R.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 12:46 AM

Send a message via AIM to nigelrb Send a message via Skype™ to nigelrb
I agree with Scott and Roy above. I believe many of these small 'idiosyncrasies' might be a tad overplayed because, as alluded to, we (generally) hear only of the negative.

It is often said when considering a purchase: 'go where your heart takes you'. Might be simple words to one who fears the physicality of staying with sports bikes, but I, for one, do not like to go second best. Maintain some physical fitness, do a few flexibility exercises, and we can 'fold' into an F4 or F3 like the young guys!

I have an 05 RSV Factory in my fleet. Just as a guide, it is a bit roomier than the F4. I guess you're not flushed with dealers in Ireland, but do try to get test rides if you can.

2007 MV F4 1000R
2018 CBR1000RR SP2 : 2004 CBR1000RR : 2003 CBR954RR : 2001 CBR929RR (Erion Racing Edition)
1985 Honda VF1000R : 1985 Honda NS400R
2020 Daytona 765 Moto 2 Replica (on order)
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 03:24 AM

I bought one of the first F3s in 2012 , placed an order before the reviews were out. If I waited for the reviews I may have never purchased it. The issues that did pop up didn't seem to me as big a deal as they were made out in the tabloids. All the issues have been resolved and super glad I made the decision to get one. The 3-cylinder bikes are a lot of fun to ride.

My only advice with MV is to make sure you use a competent dealer. Alternatively like in my case, do all the work yourself once out of warranty. I haven't taken my F3 to a dealer in a long time. Purchased all my parts on Evolutionbike and wrenched away.
nigelrb likes this.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 03:27 AM
Established Member

New Site Garage
I have a MY17 TV RC with c 3500 miles. To date has been absolutley faultless. Ridden in all weathers . The few issues that arose on earlier models are well documented. Apart from changing out the stock BS battery for a Yuasa unit, that's the only thing I've had to do.
Hope this helps

Alan

MY17 Turismo Veloce RC
MY19 Triumph Street Triple RS
MY14 1090 Corsa
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 06:40 AM

Welcome back
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 08:00 AM

New Site Garage
Send a message via MSN to gotfolk Send a message via Skype™ to gotfolk
Welcome back

2015 Yamaha FJ-09
2012 Brutale 1090RR
2005 Yamaha R6 - Sold
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 09:25 AM

Welcome home!

E d w a r d B4910s08

Public Service Announcement
Tools > User CP > Your Profile > Edit Your details > Additional Information > Location
Bike Model/s
Tools > User CP > Settings & Options > Edit Signature

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode