3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 11:56 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

New Site Garage
Those Italians....

May be fantastic designers...

But they suck as engineers.

Bought the MV Corse seat and monopisto rear seat cover.

The way the rear seat is attached is pants on head stupid for trying to take it off without taking off the fairings.

And do I have to dremel into the old seat to get the locking lug out? So I can no longer easily switch between the 2?

And now that I took my seat off, I cannot get it to lock back into place. Ditto with the MV Corse one. I can easily pull from the front and halfway remove it. And the locking tab/pull ring? Thanks for not including a new one, and making it impossible to get the old one off without cutting off the washer.

I expected a hell of a lot more for what I paid for this stuff.

Is there some trick to locking the seat back on?

Ok so update, I figured out that there is a sliding tab the seat locks into. Loosen the hex, shift the tab. Locks solidly now.
Poor design still. And still pissed about the rest, as I still can't use any of it until I get the parts sorted out.

2018 MV F3 675 Avio Grey

"That pistol just kept saying, let go of my ears, you don't know what you're doing." -thehellbringer

Last edited by cccpNyC; 02-27-2019 at 12:17 PM. Reason: addendum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 01:19 PM

New Site Garage
With locking lug you mean the nut under the seat that bolts under the front of the buddyseat to hold it in place?
I just pulled it out in a 45 degree angle. Worked perfect and could put it in the MV corse seat. No damage whatsoever.

"Mileena"
MV Agusta F3 675 '17 - Matt Avio Grey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 01:31 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Gold_Saw View Post
With locking lug you mean the nut under the seat that bolts under the front of the buddyseat to hold it in place?
I just pulled it out in a 45 degree angle. Worked perfect and could put it in the MV corse seat. No damage whatsoever.

Correct. Mine is captured by a washer that doesn't want to come off or pass through the hole in the seat tab itself.

2018 MV F3 675 Avio Grey

"That pistol just kept saying, let go of my ears, you don't know what you're doing." -thehellbringer
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 03:04 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cccpNyC View Post
Correct. Mine is captured by a washer that doesn't want to come off or pass through the hole in the seat tab itself.
Show picture please. I cant 100% remember how it looked like.
*I believe that washer you're talking about is a hard yet flexible rubber washer. 45 degree angle pull off is what worked for me. Pull out the locking nut and refit on new seat. Push the washer back over the locking nut.

"Mileena"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 04:26 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Yep... Black_Gold_Saw is correct...you can force the fastener through the plastic washer and reuse it. I've done just that more than a few times (swapping seats on my bikes).

Pry the plastic washer off with a large flat screwdriver.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 07:26 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

New Site Garage
What a damn headache. The plastic washer was very rigid. Tried to pry it. Ended up snipping it with some wire cutters and will have to head to ACE Hardware to find a replacement. On to other woes. The rear cowl is pretty ill fitting. This definitely doesn't look right.

Rider seat. Will replace that chewed up thing soon.

Passenger cowl cover.

With the angle of the front side, the lock won't engage.

It looks pretty though

2018 MV F3 675 Avio Grey

Last edited by cccpNyC; 02-27-2019 at 07:29 PM.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 05:55 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
I wonder if you have bent the metal front piece from having the passenger grab strap stuffed underneath it???

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 06:49 AM

New Site Garage
Seriously, wuff... get a flathead plier. (something as shown in picture) Not sure what cutting would help to get it off in 1 piece??!!?!?!?
Grab the washer pull a tiny bit on it and get it over the thick end part of the locking nut in a 45 degree angle... cause you know, it had to be pushed over the thick part at some point.

as for the seat cowl. Isnt the leather band preventing it from closing? I know how small that space is.

All things side, that cowl looks mighty sexy though. But I wont see myself pay 350-400,- for something like that.
Attached Images

"Mileena"

Last edited by Black_Gold_Saw; 02-28-2019 at 06:54 AM. Reason: Oh oops, you already cutted it in half. my bad.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 06:53 AM

The metal used is very soft of course so bending this metal when pulling on strap isn't out of the question . CCC don't feel bad I had a Kawasaki ZX14 and ALL the panels, seat dash panels ect where a nightmare to get lined up. then again it might have been a cracked frame that had everything misaligned Kawasaki had a huge recall because of frames cracking on the Zx14.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 08:31 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Gold_Saw View Post
Seriously, wuff... get a flathead plier. (something as shown in picture) Not sure what cutting would help to get it off in 1 piece??!!?!?!?
Grab the washer pull a tiny bit on it and get it over the thick end part of the locking nut in a 45 degree angle... cause you know, it had to be pushed over the thick part at some point.

as for the seat cowl. Isnt the leather band preventing it from closing? I know how small that space is.

All things side, that cowl looks mighty sexy though. But I wont see myself pay 350-400,- for something like that.

Haha. I plan on replacing it. It would not come out. I tried. My roommate tried. I have an ACE Hardware a block away. I'm off all next week so I'll fix it soon don't you fret.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
I wonder if you have bent the metal front piece from having the passenger grab strap stuffed underneath it???

Never had a passenger.

I'm starting to wonder if the 2018 seat was redesigned. The stock seat is flat, where the cowl has a rounded underside.

I hope this gives you an idea showing the stock seat doesn't stick out as much at the bolt in area. Also... For the $$ you pay for the cowl, they could have made the contact points rubber like the stock seat.

What I think I will do is have a buddy who welds trim the hinge down a smidge like so on a new hinge

And probably file down the nubs and replace them with rubber feet like the stock seat.

2018 MV F3 675 Avio Grey

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode