MV Agusta Forum banner

MV Agusta in MOTOGP???

2K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  DoctorMV 
#1 ·
I am curious

This might sound very stupid or silly, but i am just simply don't know.

My questions are:

How come MV Agusta is not racing in MotoGP?

Are there some reasons that i don't see one MV Agusta in the race, when they represent racing?

If some body have information related to this curiosity, please enlight me.

Thanks.

#7 ·
Okay,
So my hunch was right. It is the cost.
But if MV did enter MotoGP, don't you think that it will force them to create a more extreme machine?
I guess i just wanted to see the bike in action with a professional racer and to see it conquer MotoGP.

I was approached by a italian guy one day and he was very interested to see an MV. He thought that MV was not in production anymore.

He said something that was very interesting, MV used to have a V8 motorcycle at one point.
Is that true? Which one was it? Pictures will be great.

#8 ·
$$$$$ is right

Rossi's M1 is now up to $30 million bones.... and he's got two of them bitches(so does everyone)!!!!

And, Yamaha pays him $14 million a year, probably more next year!!!

MV doesn't have that kinda flow....

#10 ·
MV should go to WSBK, and even that is a boat load of coin.

Not sure about you guys, but I want to see them up at the front. If they can't run with the best, then they should stay out. So, unless their bike is competitive, don't bother.

I like what they are doing so far. It seems like a measured effort, with their pseudo-factory entry into WSS. If the latest news is correct, and the are thinking about Superstock in the AMA, then that also is a good step.

MV should just keep doing what they are - focus on superior products for the market. If there is a little money left over, and they have the human resources around, then a racing effort is OK.

I want to see MV go racing, but I don't want racing to jeopardize the financial health of this company.

Stay far, far away from MotoGP. For now....

Alex

#11 ·
It costs even more when they keep changing engine displacement sizes. I think they are going to 800's for next season, so basically you have to have a seperate design exclusive to GP that wont homoglate to showroom models.....and were talking big time $$$$ for developement, set up, tires, etc. Unfortunately the days when a small company could step up and take on the world are long gone. The only small companies trying are KR Proton (who actually race) Benelli (dead and gone, now in chinese hands?) and Motoczysz (which hasnt even seen a race yet). Like anything else in todays world, its all about the cash.

#12 ·
TokyoRider893 said:
I was approached by a italian guy one day and he was very interested to see an MV. He thought that MV was not in production anymore.

He said something that was very interesting, MV used to have a V8 motorcycle at one point.
Is that true? Which one was it? Pictures will be great.
Moto Guzzi had a V8 that they raced at some point......not sure about MV.

#13 ·
My understanding was the MV is entering WSBK.... Just didn't have the $$$$ for MotoGP. The head of MV also stated that they intend returning to racing and more than that, when MV goes racing, MV wins. Period. So assuming some more secure finances I think it should be entertaining to watch.

#14 ·
rsduce said:
Unfortunately the days when a small company could step up and take on the world are long gone. The only small companies trying are KR Proton (who actually race) Benelli (dead and gone, now in chinese hands?) QUOTE]

The head of the Chinese company that bought Benelli says that they intend to get into MotoGP in the next sesason or maybe the year after.... but then again, this company is probably in the same league as the Japanese manufacturers as far as volume of production and sales go!!!

MV in WSBK would be great.... but can a 1 Euro company even stay afloat???
Maybe the Chinese will buy MV too??

Doc

:drummer: :drummer:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.