nigelrb and db_509 like this.

Bikes:

2016 MV Agusta Turismo Veloce Lusso
2015 Triumph Street Triple R
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Allworld For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 71 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 03:24 PM

A good read. Although I am sad to see the f4 being put on the back burner I do think the new CEO has a clear vision and direction he wants to take the brand. It is generally better to put 100% into a vision even if it might not be everyone's cup of tea than to flounder around with uncertainty. Also seems he is a genuine enthusiast which is good.

Curious when the 930cc triples will be available and what platform they will be going in. A brutale / dragster 930 would be a missile.
post #3 of 71 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 04:18 PM

New Site Garage
That's a surprising amount of new details.
930cc
whole new cafe segment, even with 1000cc
scs clutch option across the line up
an RC butale 1000

The new brutale seems like a winner, but I guess the motor is an entirely new gen 3 platform. more like gen 2.5

just hope the next F4 keeps its race bike traditions, and doesn't become something like the H2....

Nighthawk 650 '83 prune/gunk
FZR 600 '93 red/white
F4 750 '03 red/silver
F3 800 '16 ABS red/silver
post #4 of 71 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 04:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I do think the new CEO has a clear vision and direction he wants to take the brand.
I didn't get that impression. He admitted that developing a new F4 would be too much of a financial burden, while that may sour some it seems to be responsible admission. There will be a new F4, just not right away.
What I was impressed by is his thoughts on the customers, us..we the owners, improving on delivery of spare parts and accessories. One thing that is also of a concern to me is service, while there are 24 dealerships in the US, by his count, how many qualified technicians and certified mechanics are there available to work on MV's? Just expanding your dealer network does not dot all the i's and cross all the t's.
He is businessman playing with his own money, so my bet is he is going to make the hard decisions needed to stabilize and strengthen brand.

Bikes:

2016 MV Agusta Turismo Veloce Lusso
2015 Triumph Street Triple R
post #5 of 71 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 05:08 PM

New Site Garage
Sounds like alot is going on behind the scenes. Hope it works out.

"Mileena"
MV Agusta F3 675 '17 - Matt Avio Grey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 71 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 09:35 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allworld View Post
I didn't get that impression. He admitted that developing a new F4 would be too much of a financial burden, while that may sour some it seems to be responsible admission. There will be a new F4, just not right away.
What I was impressed by is his thoughts on the customers, us..we the owners, improving on delivery of spare parts and accessories. One thing that is also of a concern to me is service, while there are 24 dealerships in the US, by his count, how many qualified technicians and certified mechanics are there available to work on MV's? Just expanding your dealer network does not dot all the i's and cross all the t's.
He is businessman playing with his own money, so my bet is he is going to make the hard decisions needed to stabilize and strengthen brand.

I'm with you on the dealer stuff. I was almost an owner but the bike I was going to buy had sat at the dealer for 3 months waiting for warranty parts and I'm told for the dealer to get the ability to perform warranty work (a computer issue of some sort....). I get that its not a Honda but 3 months to get warranty parts is outrageous. Maybe if I had money coming out of my eyeballs I wouldn't mind but to poor old me that is unacceptable.
post #7 of 71 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 10:23 PM
Established Member

CRAP! Now I'm liable to be investigated by the Mueller team.

On a more serious note, the sportbike market is in the proverbial toilet so putting the F4 on the burner is a good move methinks. Nevertheless, there was no mention of entry level bikes unless I missed it and these companies are forgetting how they got on the map in the first place. No new or semi new rider is going to plunk down $20k for new MV unless they just have money to burn and that ain't the market these days. Hook'em with a 450 twin first.
Strider78rr likes this.

RC
Failure is not an option

2016 Tri Thruxton R
2005 Ago F4 1000
2005 BMW 1200GS
1995 Duc 916
1994 Bim DB2
1986 Duc MHR Mille
1983 BMW R100S
1975 Hon 400
1975 BMW R90S
1974 Duc 750 Sport
1972 Hon 750
1966 Hon S90
1965 Duc Monza
1971 Norton 750
1971 BMW R75
post #8 of 71 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 10:40 PM

New Site Garage
I met Timur last October and have become good friends

I have seen the new f4 which has been put to a stop

Ive seen all new cafe segment too

I will post up next few days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to wnehme For This Useful Post:
post #9 of 71 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 02:03 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Caso View Post
CRAP! Now I'm liable to be investigated by the Mueller team.

On a more serious note, the sportbike market is in the proverbial toilet so putting the F4 on the burner is a good move methinks. Nevertheless, there was no mention of entry level bikes unless I missed it and these companies are forgetting how they got on the map in the first place. No new or semi new rider is going to plunk down $20k for new MV unless they just have money to burn and that ain't the market these days. Hook'em with a 450 twin first.

You missed it.

Do you plan to only offer larger capacity bikes—so, no more 675 three-cylinder models?
No, indeed not. We will continue with the 675 F3 and Brutales because they’re popular models, which already sell very well, but we’re also looking at introducing a 35kW 675 Brutale entry-level bike to help younger and/or inexperienced riders to join our MV Agusta family, via an A2 license in Europe.

Cheers

Deano

2009 1078RR Brutale
post #10 of 71 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 06:05 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano View Post
You missed it.

Do you plan to only offer larger capacity bikes—so, no more 675 three-cylinder models?
No, indeed not. We will continue with the 675 F3 and Brutales because they’re popular models, which already sell very well, but we’re also looking at introducing a 35kW 675 Brutale entry-level bike to help younger and/or inexperienced riders to join our MV Agusta family, via an A2 license in Europe.
To be completely honest with you. When I bought my F3 675 It was imported with 70KW and by dealer capped at 35KW only via software.
So when you kindly ask your dealer to remove it they can do it. Heck my dealer actually asked me if I wanted full power 94KW. But since I like to own the bike I purchased and not want it to get impounded. I'd stick 2 years with 35KW.

I believe most of the A2 riders that will purchase an F3 will ride around with full power.
It really isnt a "low power/beginner" bike, even at 35KW.

"Mileena"
MV Agusta F3 675 '17 - Matt Avio Grey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode