MV Agusta Forum banner

Timur new CEO

8K views 70 replies 23 participants last post by  flexnow36 
#1 ·
#47 ·
No,
it is measured at the wheel but calculated to the crank using ISO standards.

RWP would be 6 - 8 hp less, so around 120 hp.

A 675 Street Triple RS did outperform the 800RR on road testing, acceleration etc.

I am an owner of a Brutale 2018 800RR Euro 4 so.....

#49 ·
What I meant with „underneath things being ready“: Even if the new Brutale engine is just a massaged version of the old engine, it seems to be Euro 4 compliant and more or less running if they send it into production in early summer.

And I would rather prefer to see the new executives spend the money on a reliable powerplant than on some technology that for some reason none of the competition seems to deem a wise investment (Aprilia may be the exception with their 180k FW special models of which maybe a handful have been sold).

#52 ·
I think you need to understand that MV is not in the same position right now as the other manufacturers. As they are not racing in wsbk they have no regulation to work to for racing which enabled them to do whatever crazy things they like which i believe will be a point of difference for them as a manufacturer.

Wsbk is dead. Why limit your design and tech to a category thats not pulling in the crowds. Yes the brutale has a 200 +hp engine but its still the same one from 2008

They need to spend the big dollars now on a completely new engine and new tech to keep it seperate from the others and to keep it the bespoke manufacturer in the future as it was in the past. Numatic valves and energy recovery is all on the table. Even paddle shifting yes you heard me right.

As for what the new f4 looked like... imagine the suzuki gsxr 1000 with a diamond headlight. Well that was the front fairing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#56 · (Edited)
Yeh Rob, I understand the motorcycle is the sum of all parts and they have for a long time been "assembled" (sorry) from all over the globe...

it was the same back in the post jurassic era when I worked for General motors as a young man building Holden cars..

parts came from around the world and indeed we sent them also..

what I didn't manage to communicate well was that it is the image of Italian guys in a probably not too dissimilar factory to the one i worked in sweating over the job, wondering who will own this bike and where in the world will it go to and of course

"what's for dinner? Pizza or pasta?" :grin2:

#60 ·
Alby - even my hand made 70's 80's BMWs had some Japanese electrics - some of the switching - and this is the era for BMW when the bikes were assembled, jigged and welded by hand and the pinstriper signed his or her initials under the fuel tank. I remember my silver 83 R100 that I bought new and still own having a wisp of a dark blue fingerprint on the front fender from the striper. It was only a few faint dots and lines, but it was clearly recognizable as such. Since it was on top of the clear coat, years of waxing and polishing have since removed it - unfortunately. Economics and technology have since conspired to make bikes - and cars for that matter - less personal and less of a solid connection to the people that actually designed and built them.

#63 ·
My Response, Just Buy One

When I got my first Ducati, a 900ss, the company was functionally dead. But when the resurrected company came out with the amazingly lacking Paso, I bought one. Theory being we the enthusiasts need to keep these companies going, no one else is even watching. So while MV has challenges, the bikes are still great and need homes. My newly purchased 2018 Turismo Lusso is A hell of a lot better than that Paso. Let us hope that MV can continue and prosper!

#64 ·
What's all this weird talk about "paddle shifters" on a bike??? We have quick shifters now.....you want to shift with your fingers?

There are dual clutch systems in use and available as well (Honda), which reduces shift time to micro seconds from milliseconds....so what?

If you want an electronically controlled CVT with a paddle shifter you need look no further than the Suzuki Burgman AN650....... there it is. Been in production since 2002.

#65 ·
What's all this weird talk about "paddle shifters" on a bike??? We have quick shifters now.....you want to shift with your fingers?

There are dual clutch systems in use and available as well (Honda), which reduces shift time to micro seconds from milliseconds....so what?

If you want an electronically controlled CVT with a paddle shifter you need look no further than the Suzuki Burgman AN650....... there it is. Been in production since 2002.

Its called evolution lol.

#67 ·
I did not know that it was so easy that a handful of engineers just need to think "harder" and then revolutionary technology is brought to production stage that outperforms the creations of the "non-boutique" manufacturers.

And the best part is that such revolutionary product will sell just because of the fact that it is different. I always thought that first there should be a customer need or maybe even a concrete customer demand, which a producer tries to satisfy.

And if someone is not enthusiastic about these "revolutions", then the real reason for this is just that they cannot afford this super premium technology. These ignorants shall rather buy a cheap bike.

My slight fear is: if an MV Agusta will in the future evolve into a very exclusive "techno botch job", there will be a lot of those ignorants turning to such discount products as the future V4R's, HP4's or RC213V-S's...

#69 ·
I did not know that it was so easy that a handful of engineers just need to think "harder" and then revolutionary technology is brought to production stage that outperforms the creations of the "non-boutique" manufacturers.

And the best part is that such revolutionary product will sell just because of the fact that it is different. I always thought that first there should be a customer need or maybe even a concrete customer demand, which a producer tries to satisfy.

And if someone is not enthusiastic about these "revolutions", then the real reason for this is just that they cannot afford this super premium technology. These ignorants shall rather buy a cheap bike.

My slight fear is: if an MV Agusta will in the future evolve into a very exclusive "techno botch job", there will be a lot of those ignorants turning to such discount products as the future V4R's, HP4's or RC213V-S's...

Get over it. Next time i have dinner with Timur ill voice your concerns

#70 ·
I'm going to add my take on what the rebirth of MV brought to the market. Exotic art, design & craftsmanship.

Not necessarily technological wizardry and reliability (though my F4 never had any major issues.)

Seeing the F4 in person for the first time was like seeing a Lamborghini in person when I was a child. I had to walk around it over 20 times. It made the Ducati of that time look like a Fiero.

Then there was the feeling of sitting in one. An extreme riding position that made you feel "in" the bike, rather than on top of it.

The there was the joy of ownership. Ability to strip nearly all the fairings with my bare hands. The tank and nose 3 bolts later. How easy the rear wheel comes off. The sound of the 4 pipe exhaust. Nothing about it felt cheap. It was designed to be raced, yet it looked better than anything being made when I bought it in 2012.

So, was it fun to say it had radial valves? Sure. Not why I bought it though...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.