Motorcycle Live 2018 (UK) - MVAgusta.net
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-24-2018, 03:50 AM Thread Starter

Motorcycle Live 2018 (UK)

For the first time in years I went to the NEC for the bike show .... what a load of shite!

£25 per ticket and £16 to park is a bloody rip off to walk round what is now just a glorified motorcycle showroom and traders selling tat! I had free tickets and still felt ripped off!!!!

This is supposed to be the flagship motorcycle event in the UK......

And MV Agusta was not represented in any way .... I can only presume that they don't care about the UK market.

Anyone else go?

Proud owner of a 2015 F4 and a graduate of the school of 'stupid hurts!'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-24-2018, 04:54 AM

Send a message via AIM to nigelrb Send a message via Skype™ to nigelrb
Yep! Totally same response as you, and I've posted as much on Honda forum. Very disappointing.

I was fortunate to save a bit by booking early. Food horrendously expensive. Equally disappointed in no show from MV or Brough for that matter. Will have second thoughts about next year

2007 MV F4 1000R
2018 CBR1000RR SP2 : 2004 CBR1000RR : 2003 CBR954RR : 2001 CBR929RR (Erion Racing Edition)
1985 Honda VF1000R : 1985 Honda NS400R
2020 Daytona 765 Moto 2 Replica (on order)
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-24-2018, 06:17 AM

Good to hear your opinions, I was planning a trip tomorrow but am thinking twice about it now.

2010 F4 1000R
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-24-2018, 06:40 AM
Established Member

I’m going tomorrow with a couple of workmates. Really looking forward to it. I enjoyed last year, I’m not expecting too much but its a day out around bikes so should be a laugh either way.

Excel bike show in London, now that’s a dire experience!!

I’m looking forward to seeing the new Katana, Guzzi V85TT, Indian FTR and even the baby Fantic Caballero. Last year I really
liked the CCM scrambler but they were all sold out and the Brit manufacturer had the best products, Norton, Brough, the aforementioned CCM all had some great stuff.

It’s always a disappointment that MV are a no show, even if they tied up with a dealer for an unofficial stand but I guess they make an effort at EICMA and don’t have the volume to warrant expense of uk stand but its kind of chicken and egg!!
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-24-2018, 08:12 AM
JDS
King of Bling

Send a message via MSN to JDS
Wink

I haven't been to the NEC Bike show since the mid 1980's..

It wasn't too bad back then ( when you could still get a deal on a Lewis Leathers Monza jacket) but the writing was on the wall that the show was going downhill when some of the Big Manufacturers dropped the UK show for the Eicma show.

Today, it would take something really special to drag my lazy ass up the M1 to the NEC bike show, a FREE ticket wouldn't be enough.

Not being to specific, but the organisers would have to lay on a Chauffeur driven Maybach with a fully stocked bar, with a minimum of 3 Dolly Bird hostess with natural 36DD's and a proper pukka curry meal at one of the best establishments on the Birmingham Curry Mile. ( times 3 for me and my mates )

Even then I'd have second thoughts about going if there was a repeat episode of Columbo on channel 5.

On a serious note, could someone please check out the 2019 Ducati Scrambler Full Throttle & Cafe Racer for me.. Please give me your thoughts.

The new CCM's look cool.

Attached Images

biaggi likes this.

EMAIL :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by JDS; 11-24-2018 at 08:35 AM.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-25-2018, 06:16 PM

I've been there on Tuesday for work.

In full and brutal honesty...

A sad and sorry show.

Ok, I've been at EICMA and it would be unfair to compare Birmingham with Milan, since the latter is (a conservative estimation) five times of the former in terms of size and probably ten times in terms of the number of exhibitors. But even compared to Intermot in Germany, the Motor Bike Expo in Verona (Italy), and even a minor event such as Motodays in Rome (that is actually still bigger than Motorcycle Live) the comparison holds.

In a nutshell: waste of time and money.

Take a short holiday and go to Verona instead.
http://www.motorbikeexpo.it/en/i-settori/
nigelrb likes this.

In case of doubt...

Maximum Attack! (Markku Alen)

Last edited by Stinger; 11-25-2018 at 07:07 PM.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-26-2018, 12:05 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDS View Post
I haven't been to the NEC Bike show since the mid 1980's..

It wasn't too bad back then ( when you could still get a deal on a Lewis Leathers Monza jacket) but the writing was on the wall that the show was going downhill when some of the Big Manufacturers dropped the UK show for the Eicma show.
Today, it would take something really special to drag my lazy ass up the M1 to the NEC bike show, a FREE ticket wouldn't be enough.
Not being to specific, but the organisers would have to lay on a Chauffeur driven Maybach with a fully stocked bar, with a minimum of 3 Dolly Bird hostess with natural 36DD's and a proper pukka curry meal at one of the best establishments on the Birmingham Curry Mile. ( times 3 for me and my mates )
Even then I'd have second thoughts about going if there was a repeat episode of Columbo on channel 5.
On a serious note, could someone please check out the 2019 Ducati Scrambler Full Throttle & Cafe Racer for me.. Please give me your thoughts.
The new CCM's look cool.
You want your Dolly Bird hostesses to be Welsh?
silentservice703 likes this.

2014 F4 RR
2008 Yamaha Raider S
1982 Suzuki GS850L
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-27-2018, 10:15 AM
Established Member

I haven't been for years so doesn't sound like missing much.

I still remember the last time I went 3 guys got out of a car in leather bottoms, put on their jackets and boots, grabbed their helmets and walked off to the show. It was a dry sunny day too so why they didn't actually ride there god only knows!
nigelrb likes this.

Brutale 750S - Tricked and refining in progress - nearly ready for the 2019 season and track days.

Thames Valley, England. The land of congestion, 4x4's and badly driven Ubers.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-27-2018, 10:46 AM

Send a message via AIM to nigelrb Send a message via Skype™ to nigelrb
Quote:
Originally Posted by biaggi View Post

I still remember the last time I went 3 guys got out of a car in leather bottoms, put on their jackets and boots, grabbed their helmets and walked off to the show. It was a dry sunny day too so why they didn't actually ride there god only knows!
Probably on 125s with 'L' plates!! (With due respect to all learners - we've all been there)

2007 MV F4 1000R
2018 CBR1000RR SP2 : 2004 CBR1000RR : 2003 CBR954RR : 2001 CBR929RR (Erion Racing Edition)
1985 Honda VF1000R : 1985 Honda NS400R
2020 Daytona 765 Moto 2 Replica (on order)
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-27-2018, 04:15 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
I went to the Birmingham show a couple of decades ago...It was pretty big then !!

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode