New Superveloce 800! - Page 5 - MVAgusta.net
 32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-09-2018, 09:30 PM

Never met the guy or even heard an interview so no opinion. The bike is ok but the paint scheme is too busy
nigelrb likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-09-2018, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1andrew View Post
Some items I like, others I don't. Not a fan of the headlight. Does not look Italian.
Yep, headlamp looks art deco. Few tweaks and this should be a sweet machine.
post #43 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-10-2018, 07:41 AM

Why is there no F3 update though?

They could have at the very least given us an LED headlight with some nice Day time running lights and TFT display...

No news of the IMU for the F3 either.
Black_Gold_Saw likes this.
post #44 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-10-2018, 08:24 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by anothermvfanatic View Post
Hamilton is a flog. Yes he is an incredible driver. But I truely believe he is not a good gel with the MV brand. I dont think he is a good ambassador for the brand at all

What are peeps thoughts on this?
Nothing more than just a poser who wants to copy Ayrton Senna.

"Mileena"
MV Agusta F3 675 '17 - Matt Avio Grey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #45 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-10-2018, 08:35 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTsalas View Post
Why is there no F3 update though?

They could have at the very least given us an LED headlight with some nice Day time running lights and TFT display...

No news of the IMU for the F3 either.
I fully agree with this.

Lets face the facts here. The 675cc & 800cc are fairly expensive motorcycles. You almost can buy a 1000cc superbike for that price.(Atleast in my country that is. But then again Netherlands has some retarded prices that make you vomit every now and then)
So to screw in a couple of cheap LED's into the bike will make it look better all round, and give it more of an quality look to the bike itself. Halogen is ugly and crap.

TFT screens are pretty much mandatory in this day and age. Basically every motorcycle brand is producing their naked and superbike motorcycles with these screens and MV needs to catch up with that on all their models. Not just their top of the line motorcycles. With that said they could also improve big time in the controls section.
Triumph and Ducati have the most easy controls.

*Big bonus would be to apply cruise control on all their bikes.

"Mileena"
MV Agusta F3 675 '17 - Matt Avio Grey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #46 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-10-2018, 09:58 AM
Established Member

New Site Garage
I love Superveloce retro design and styling. I ride TV and I don't see myself riding a modern F3 but this looks very tempting for me. Maybe I am not a racer, but I love this retro racing styling. Also, regarding LH version I love it. It is beautiful and I have nothing against him as a brand ambassador. OK, there are many other riders who are maybe more popular, but LH is fine for the brand that wants to be more exclusive then others. I mean, look at Lewis, he does look like he is from the "rich kids on instagram" society. To me he looks more natural on a 70t bike then Guy Martin if you know what I mean.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Turismo Veloce 2016
post #47 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-10-2018, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marko G. View Post
I mean, look at Lewis, he does look like he is from the "rich kids on instagram" society. To me he looks more natural on a 70t bike then Guy Martin if you know what I mean.
No, don't really know what you mean. I have seen Guy Martin ripping it up on 2 wheels, have a hard time recalling seeing LH doing that. LH looking natural on a bike?

I would take a Guy Martin bike any time over LH even for the simple fact that GM is the real deal!

Last edited by Tirefriar; 11-10-2018 at 02:13 PM.
post #48 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-10-2018, 02:19 PM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirefriar View Post
No, don't really know what you mean. I have seen Guy Martin ripping it up on 2 wheels, have a hard time recalling seeing LH doing that.

I would take a Guy Martin bike any time over LH even for the simple fact that GM is the real deal!

My point is that there are more people who follow Lewis and his lifestyle, thus there are more people who would like to copy him and maybe buy into this LH44 story.
I follow Guy Martin, he lives in a trailer, works on the trucks and races bikes for glory not for money. I dont see him as a model for 70t exotic. There are far less people who know who he is and he has never raced an MV (correct me if I am wrong). People who copy his lifestyle probably create their own racing bikes with no bling but just performance... LH drives Pagani Zonda among other exotic cars...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turismo Veloce 2016
post #49 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-27-2018, 01:27 PM

I am not keen on Lewis as an MV Ambassador for the simple reason I don't associate him with motorcycles, cars yes bikes no, to me he simply doesn't suite the role.

As for the New Superveloce 800, I want to like it, but too many area's for me don't gel well. The pipes and lights are great. May be a complete reworking of the colour scheme may help?
I would want to try and make the look more sympathetic to the old if possible. Very unsure of the red plastic bit going across the fairing screen.
It seems rushed to me, like not enough thought went into it.
To get the old and new to merge well you need some one very talented to pull it off correctly.
post #50 of 67 (permalink) Old 11-27-2018, 02:23 PM

Send a message via AIM to nigelrb Send a message via Skype™ to nigelrb
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVBERT View Post
I am not keen on Lewis as an MV Ambassador for the simple reason I don't associate him with motorcycles, cars yes bikes no, to me he simply doesn't suite the role.
Fair enough point, BUT I wonder if the same applied to potential purchasers of the now 14-year-old Mika Hakinnen:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MV-Agusta...-/283246601510

I purposely omit the 'Senna' because that was built as a tribute bike rather than one to ride the coat tails of a high profile sports personality.
Attached Images

2007 MV F4 1000R

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode