Servicing in South Africa - MVAgusta.net
 15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-26-2018, 07:54 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Servicing in South Africa

Hi guys

This post is directed at all the MV Agusta owners located in South Africa. As I'm sure you are all aware by now, Cayenne closed their doors on Friday 21 September, leaving many people in the lurch - myself included...

I bought my bike from them almost a month ago and was going to service with them when the time comes, but now I am wondering where I can get my bike serviced in the Johannesburg area? Your recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Bike - Brutale B3 800 Italia (2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-26-2018, 08:49 AM
Established Member

That’s a bit of a shocker. I wasn’t aware that they closed down. So there is no longer any support in ZA...

I just bought my second MV a month ago.

I ordered a bunch of extra filters etc from the UK - I’ll probably end up taking my bikes to a Ducati dealer (with the service kits), and see if they would be willing to help
MikeZA likes this.
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-26-2018, 09:28 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Hey Pulse, thanks for the reply. Are you based in Jo'berg?

Yup, shocker indeed... They gave me a R3500 voucher on Monday, valid for 6 months (against an alarm they didn't install but still charged for) and closed on Friday. I'm going to be looking into laying fraud charges against them...

Just found this post saying that Northcliff Motorcycles are "MV Agusta approved". Going to call them in the morning...
https://www.assist247.co.za/search/s...ff-motorcycles

Keep me posted if you find anything out please (and I'll do the same), still got about 4500km till my next service but I'm a bit concerned about this and where it leaves us...

I must also get the details from you about the service kit you got if you don't mind - where from, costs, shipping, etc.

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-26-2018, 10:11 AM
Established Member

I’m in Centurion, so Northcliff won’t be too bad... hope they (or someone else) will take over Mv.

Depending on the exchange rate, bringing parts in is about 1/3 to 1/2 the price I could get it at Cayenne. I’ll have a look in the morning and send you the details.

I’ll go and chat to the Ducati guys on Saturday and see if they will be willing to assist.
MikeZA likes this.

Last edited by Pulse; 09-26-2018 at 10:19 AM.
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-26-2018, 12:14 PM

Damn, not surprised but was hoping they would hold out a little longer.

I had my new updated clutch basket arrive from Europe and was hoping that they could install it with the revised cush drive rubbers that they were supposed to install under warranty...

Anyway, subscribed. Let us know on the developments.

Hopefully someone in a better financial situation can take over...

(Im Pretoria based btw)
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-26-2018, 12:30 PM

Ive just sent an email to MV asking this question and CCed Rob from Ride Fast, Natalie from Superbike Mag and Matt from the Bike Show. There are a quite a few owners that will be impacted by this.

Will keep you posted from my side, but likewise let us know if you hear anything.
MikeZA likes this.
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-26-2018, 01:21 PM
Established Member

Thank you PTsalas.
Matt has always had a high regard for the MVs.
I looked on MVs website, and couldn’t believe some of the African countries that have dealers. I hope this can be resolved soon
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-26-2018, 04:13 PM

Holy crap. I didn't even know that they closed. First Full throttle, now this? I wonder if they not doing like everyone else and leaving ZA for greener shores?

As for my Service I do them myself, though my bikes are a bit older and I have no intention of selling.
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-27-2018, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dav777 View Post
Holy crap. I didn't even know that they closed. First Full throttle, now this? I wonder if they not doing like everyone else and leaving ZA for greener shores?

As for my Service I do them myself, though my bikes are a bit older and I have no intention of selling.
Negative on the moving for greener pastures, if you have been to either full throttle or Cayanne the past year, you would have noticed their inventory shrinking substantially. This was a sign that their credit limits with supplier had been reached. They then limped along for a year with hardly any bikes or kit to sell until creditors closed them down.

You would not pack up a profitable business to go to greener pastures. I think the rand euro exchange rate and maybe bad business decisions killed them (who will by an F3 800 base model for R290 000?).

Craig Langton from Fire It Up is doing fantastic (or at least it looks that way from the outside). Since he left, Cayanne has been on the way down. Hardly anyone was servicing their bikes there anymore. I remember dozens of bikes being serviced back in 2012 and a packed showroom. I saw maybe 2 bikes being serviced and maybe 15 bikes (all used or demo) on the showroom when I went there last month.
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 09-27-2018, 02:50 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Hi PTsalas, I agree, this is not a greener pastures scenario. When I was there last month, there were very few bikes on the floor and hardly any accessory stock. Took them a week to get the helmet I wanted and nearly 3 to get my jacket - and they still owe me R3500...

The number on the link posted above is a bust, clearly an old listing that hasn't been removed. I've contacted HK Performance Bikes and am waiting for a reply. I'm planning on trying S4 Lifestyle and Fire it Up when I get a gap today. Will keep you guys posted.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in