Insurance for a US Brutale - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-11-2009, 09:33 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Insurance for a US Brutale

OK so I pick up the new Brutale tomorrow and I'm searching for insurance in Jersey. I have always insured my bikes with Rider. I'm 60 & have no points or accidents. So basic limits of liability is required in Jersey and will be $160/year. Comprehensive will be $1525! I checked Geico (Brutale 910 was all they listed) online and it looks like $750 but it might not be apples to apples to Rider. I didn't look at Progressive yet. I always risk it with basic limits. Any thoughts?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1965 BSA 650 Lightning cafe' racer - sold to my insurance agent.
2006 Buell XB12Ss
2007 KTM 300XCW (e)
2008 Buell 1125r - Gone but not forgotten.
2009 Brutale 1078RR

The older I get, the faster I was.........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-11-2009, 09:41 PM

shop Dairyland and State Farm

'08 F4R312
'06 Brutale 910
'06 Triumph Daytona 675 - track
'04 Ducati ST4s sold
'05 Ducati Monster S2R 800 sold
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-11-2009, 09:49 PM

+1 Dairyland. Also be sure to join AMA for the free roadside assistance and 10% discount off insurance. Multi bike insurance gets you another discount.

E d w a r d B4910s08

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Forum Introduction Thread)
2. Include your LOCATION in your profile: Tools > User CP > Your Profile > Edit Your details > Additional Information > Location
3. Include your BIKE MODEL/S in your signature: Tools > User CP > Settings & Options > Edit Signature
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-11-2009, 10:23 PM

State Farm - Dirt cheap

B4 750S [sold]
B3 675R [waiting]
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-11-2009, 10:29 PM

I have AAA with roadside assistance. I'm 39 years old, male, married, with a clean driving/riding record. $560/year.

2006 910S
2019 BMW S1kR
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-11-2009, 11:18 PM
Established Member

any body ever have to file a claim with state farm? i would like to know how you were treated if so. also does state farm cover the cost of riding gear replacement if you crash?
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-11-2009, 11:18 PM

Insurance prices vary according to location.

E d w a r d B4910s08

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT
(Forum Introduction Thread)
2. Include your LOCATION in your profile: Tools > User CP > Your Profile > Edit Your details > Additional Information > Location
3. Include your BIKE MODEL/S in your signature: Tools > User CP > Settings & Options > Edit Signature
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-12-2009, 10:16 AM

I recently had a small hug with the pavement. I would give state farm an average on claims. The situation was the other guy cuts me off from the right lane and I ride right into his left side. In fact he was trying to make a U-turn from the right lane. For whatever reason the state farm agent (this was the other guys insurance, coincidentally I also have state farm. I dunno if that affect their decision) says it was 20% my fault. How they came up with that number is beyond me. I could not reason with the agent. The other guy was a jackass. He told the cops he was traveling in front of me instead of the right lane. As if I can hit the side of his car if that was the case.

But yes they do cover your riding gear if you can provide receipts. It, along with your bike, is part of the property damage claim.

In new york if you don't have collision insurance all hospital claims are denied when a motorcycle is involved. I don't know about New Jersey but make sure you ask. I'm lucky I have health insurance because the 4 hours I was in the hospital probably rang up $5000. And I got was a scraped ankle.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-12-2009, 10:23 AM

I personally know 4 people who used to have State Farm. All of them have the same story. They had a claim (three collisions and one solo spill) and while SF was not terrific about paying up they were no worse than any other insurance company, but when it came time to renew they found that SF had either raised their rates to the point of unaffordability or canceled them outright.

As it is, I'm in Los Angeles with a Salvage Titled bike, so I pay just short of $800/yr for AAA full coverage.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-12-2009, 10:41 AM

If both parties have SF it definitely DOES affect their decision--I was once hit by an old lady while I was on a bicycle--She had SF, I had nothing, but my dad had SF, and even though I was 21 SF decided it was a wash, total and complete BS. I could barely function for almost a year after that, and have chronic back issues still (nearly 10 years later). However, I did switch to SF when I got the MV as Prog was absurd in their pricing, and in AZ only a handful of companies will even offer un-/underinsured coverage, and SF is one of them, Gecko and Prog are not.

B4 750S [sold]
B3 675R [waiting]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode