Importing Brutale 910S into the US - MVAgusta.net
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Edward

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-26-2018, 04:25 PM Thread Starter

Importing Brutale 910S into the US

Hello guys,

Do you have any idea how hard it would be to import a 2008 Brutale 910S into the US?

I heard that you need to get the emissions (EPA) approval and DOT certification. The EPA part is the one that concerns me the most, since I have no idea if my bike would comply to that or not. Is there an "easy" way to check if my bike was meant to pass the US emissions tests when it was build?

I have just moved to the US and my bike is in Brazil. I would much rather import it to Michigan than looking for a replacement for it.... I just love that bike.

Thanks in advance for the usual support!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-26-2018, 04:31 PM

Unless yours carries significant sentimental value, sell yours there and get a better one here with the money. Even wth the crappy exchange rate I'm confident you'll be ahead.

And unless you've been using Podium or V-Power, the crap fuel in Brazil has likely messed up your motor more than our high ethanol fuel.

2009 F4 RR 1078 312
2005 F4 Tamboweenie
2005 F4 1000S
1999 Aprilia RS50
1996 Ducati 916
1959 MV Agusta TREL 125 Centomila

PAST - 2013 F4RR, 2008 F4 312R, 2005 F4 1000S, 1999 F4 750 S
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-26-2018, 07:26 PM

Greetings VipeR

I trust you have read over our gov site for importing to US. https://www.cbp.gov/trade/basic-impo.../importing-car

There is information for several resources which may better address your inquiry. Seems to me visiting the US Embassy might prove to be a productive approach. https://br.usembassy.gov/

I also wonder if MV can briefly tell you if there is a difference in standards between the two countries that can be adjusted. Thinking more, please know California has specific standards, not sure about Michigan. Found this: https://www.michigan.gov/sos/0,4670,...823--F,00.html

--In the long run it might be easier to sell your bike and buy another here as Arthur suggested.
MV Arthur likes this.

E d w a r d B4910s08

Public Service Announcement
Tools > User CP > Your Profile > Edit Your details > Additional Information > Location
Bike Model/s
Tools > User CP > Settings & Options > Edit Signature

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to Edward For This Useful Post:
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-26-2018, 07:41 PM

The post above is much more helpful than mine. If you do decide to bring it over and need a good freight forwarder, let me know.

2009 F4 RR 1078 312
2005 F4 Tamboweenie
2005 F4 1000S
1999 Aprilia RS50
1996 Ducati 916
1959 MV Agusta TREL 125 Centomila

PAST - 2013 F4RR, 2008 F4 312R, 2005 F4 1000S, 1999 F4 750 S
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-27-2018, 12:14 PM Thread Starter

Hi guys,

Thanks for the quick reply!

I know that selling it and getting a new one here is much easier (and probably the right choice), but this is my favorite bike ever. I love how it looks and how it sounds. Depending on the cost/effort to bring it, I would still consider importing it, but again, if the EPA approval is not feasible, then the dream is over.

At the meantime, I put an ad in a known Brazilian website get it sold... I must confess that a tear dropped while I was writing it... =(

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode