Eight great years - MVAgusta.net
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-01-2018, 03:23 PM Thread Starter

Eight great years

Well folks I've been an MV owner and forum user for eight great years but as of saturday I will no longer be an MV owner .
I had a new 920 which was a great bike, rode it to Italy and did about 13,000 miles on her absolutely trouble free .

Traded her in for a new B3 800 Italia, a truly gorgeous bike . Had her four years and loved every minute of it . Didn't do mega miles 8600 . But had another bike to use at the time . I lavished her with a load of extra's as she deserved it .
Original battery and sprag! No problems at all 100% perfect .

I would have had another but unfortunately MV's are out of my price range now as the prices have gone up and up .

Pick up a Triumph street triple RS on saturday. I had one in 2007 when they first came out , great little bike . She went so I could have the first MV.
Who knows what the future will bring but I hope another MV is in there somewhere!

Thanks
Colin.

Brutale 800 Italia
Monster 796 .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-09-2018, 06:00 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Bruce Taylor
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggy View Post
Well folks I've been an MV owner and forum user for eight great years but as of Saturday I will no longer be an MV owner.
I had a new 920 which was a great bike, rode it to Italy and did about 13,000 miles on her absolutely trouble free.

Traded her in for a new B3 800 Italia, a truly gorgeous bike. Had her four years and loved every minute of it. Didn't do mega miles 8600. But had another bike to use at the time. I lavished her with a load of extra's as she deserved it.
Original battery and sprag! No problems at all 100% perfect .

I would have had another but unfortunately, MV's are out of my price range now as the prices have gone up and up.

Pick up a Triumph street triple RS on Saturday. I had one in 2007 when they first came out, great little bike. She went so I could have the first MV.
Who knows what the future will bring but I hope another MV is in there somewhere!

Thanks
Colin.
Colin you have left the elite to join the masses, shame on you
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-09-2018, 06:07 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Do you feel you just HAVE to get a new bike routinely??? Why not save the cash and continue to enjoy your MV Italia ??? It is still a beautiful bike that performs as well as anything else out there. And you said she is still a low mileage bike.

I just don't understand downgrading just to have a new bike????

I know, this is too late.....just thinking on the key pad after re-reading the post.

Cheers.
NicholasF4 likes this.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-09-2018, 07:04 AM

New Site Garage
I understand wanting the Triumph. It is a bike I have thrown my leg over, but when you really love a great bike, like your Brutale, why not hold on to it?

The resale on the Brutale is probably not good, like my Turismo. I have KTM dirt bikes, but if I ever get the bug to get another street bike, I will keep the Turismo, and enjoy both.

I would love to have the F3, Butale RR, and my Turismo.

Terry_________________________________________
Tecumseh Minibike, SL 70, KE 100, XR250L, KLR650, ST800, XR650L, 525EXC, 450EXC, GS1200R, 2016 TVL 800
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-31-2018, 02:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
Do you feel you just HAVE to get a new bike routinely??? Why not save the cash and continue to enjoy your MV Italia ??? It is still a beautiful bike that performs as well as anything else out there. And you said she is still a low mileage bike.

I just don't understand downgrading just to have a new bike????

I know, this is too late.....just thinking on the key pad after re-reading the post.

Cheers.
Brembo M50's, Ohlins shock & Showa BPF forks are all a considerable upgrade over the MV . The TFT dash is something else!
jdgun likes this.

Brutale 800 Italia
Monster 796 .
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-31-2018, 04:21 PM

If i was buying a naked bike that was under 1000cc this would be the one i would go with also!... and it is not as common as people might think, at least in my riding,.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-31-2018, 05:25 PM

New Site Garage
Congrats Colin! While I appreciate Ed's sentiment about keeping the Italia, I also enjoy trying new things. Enjoy, but don't feel like you can't continue to hang around this forum.
doggy likes this.

Kevin
'14 MV Agusta Rivale EAS ABS

'19 SWM SM500R Supermoto

'16 Norton Commando 961 SF MkII

'16 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory ABS

'05 Ducati 749S/924S - Track bike

'04 Ducati Monster 1000S - Sold

'07 Husky TE-450 - Sold

'08 MV Agusta F4 1000 R 312 - Sold

"Some people achieve greatness, others have it thrust upon them. And then there are those who are ... born Italian"
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-31-2018, 05:30 PM
JDS
King of Bling

Send a message via MSN to JDS
Thumbs up Great Bike Choice.

Enjoy the new Trumpet and ride safe..
doggy likes this.

EMAIL :
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-01-2018, 03:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggy View Post
Brembo M50's, Ohlins shock & Showa BPF forks are all a considerable upgrade over the MV . The TFT dash is something else!
You get all those things on an Aprilia Tuono too (except Sachs forks RR version or Ohlins RF version) and 175 bhp to boot!

I was close to buying another MV but at the moment I'm happy with what I have in the garage.

Keep one wheel down!

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But...Ö..a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!

Last edited by john; 09-01-2018 at 03:04 AM.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-01-2018, 04:03 AM
Established Member

Of the 12 bikes Iíve had my Ď09 ST3 was my favorite. I rode an RS recently and itís pretty damn awesome. Lots of cool stuff on it. Iím sure youíll love it!!!! If I didnít want another Supersport I likely would have bought the RS myself.
doggy likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode