GoPro sports camera. - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 06:49 PM Thread Starter

GoPro sports camera.

If anyone is looking for a good quality small mountable camera a friend of mine just introduced me to the GoPro camera and it's really awesome for a very reasonable price.

http://www.goprocamera.com Check out the Vids and photos.

Costs around $180.00 USD on amazon and the handlebar mount is $20.00. I'm going to order one.

it can shoot regular video or take 5 megapixel photos every two seconds. Currently it takes a 2gb SD card but there's a patch coming soon so it can take the 4gb cards.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 06:55 PM

That does look like it takes pretty good video

I believe she is the Devil in a candy wrapper.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 07:11 PM

check out the ContourHD. For $80.00 more it does HD at 30fps or standard at 60fps. i just got one and love it I'll post a link to my test video when i get it uploaded. Also check there site to see other videos.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 07:20 PM

I got mine on sale from cyclesector.com for $169. GoPro Motorsports Wide edition with the suction cup mount, and a couple of sticky mounts.

The wide is nice - if you mount it on the tail, you can see both knees drag. Mount it on the mid fairing and you can see the ground, as well as your hands on the clipons. It's REALLY wide.

The downside is that because it's such a wide angle, you need to be REALLY close when chasing someone, otherwise they look really far away.

Here is some demo footage I recorded:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blnl6qTKdW4
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 10:20 PM

How did you do the stuff where you were on the side of the road? Its much more crisp vs the video you have on the bike..

You still liking the bodis?

post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-09-2009, 01:41 AM Thread Starter

Yea, I liked the wide lense a lot - nice vid Crypt.
Maybe the contourHD is worth the extra money - The picture quality seems a bit better for sure.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-09-2009, 10:02 AM

The video shot by the wife from the side of the road was done with a canon hf10 high-def camcorder. So its a totally different setup. One thing to note: make sure the camera you get for onboard footage uses a ccd instead of a cmos sensor. The hf10 takes great footage but since its a cmos sensor, the vibration of the bike makes onboard footage unusabe. Google cmos rolling shutter for more info...

Last edited by cryptyk; 06-09-2009 at 05:56 PM. Reason: HF10 - not HF1
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-09-2009, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptyk View Post
The video shot by the wife from the side of the road was done with a canon hf1 high-def camcorder. So its a totally different setup. One thing to note: make sure the camera you get for onboard footage uses a ccd instead of a cmos sensor. The hf1 takes great footage but since its a cmos sensor, the vibration of the bike makes onboard footage unusabe. Google cmos rolling shutter for more info...

Awesome info thanks man!

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 11:08 AM
Established Member

V.i.o. Pov

If you want really clean onboard footage from a video camera I highly suggest the V.I.O. pov. You can shop around and find it for about $550. Heres some footage my friend and I recorded and edited using the very simple to use Pinnacle 12 software. It's two cameras. One on his bike[ R1 ] and one on my bike [ 1098s ]. We changed up the angles for different views.The quality is poor due to Youtube compressing the video but it records in 720x480 which is just under HD. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eR5Sf2Y89_o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59GRnu3jKM8
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 12:14 PM

New Site Garage

4,5Mg~3Al~2Ti~Fe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode