First track day today @ Cadwell - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

Smile First track day today @ Cadwell

Well i picked her up last week and with 1 hours road use i considered myself fully aquatinted with the MV.

I took it easy for the first 2 laps then pinned her- hard she loved it and i had a great time.

Shredded my tyres and feel shattered.

So its new tyres- going for new Pirelli BSB's and then its back again for the end of the month and Mallory next month but i might take my 500 to that instead-

I had a guy ask me about the MV as loads did, turns out he was 'Devil Boy' off this forum, always good to meet a fellow forum poster / member- was good to chat mate

The noise testing marshals made me smile though, they hadn't seen an MV in years!!

Glad to say she failed the noise test when cold glad she did, more noise from this italian the better, when warm she passed though, 108.8 cold, 104.0 warm NICE

Im hooked
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 04:13 PM
Established Member

Nice pics, like the colour scheme. What track were you tearing up?
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 04:19 PM Thread Starter

Twas Cadwell-

The images were all either before or after the crest!!! DOH i got air time 3 times in a big way... looking forward to seeing the photographers images next wed', hopefully showing my 2 wheel Stig type skills to the max
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-09-2009, 07:53 AM

www.trackdaydigitalimages.com there here mate!!!!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-09-2009, 10:19 AM Thread Starter

Buy Buy Buy :-)
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-09-2009, 11:34 AM
JDS
King of Bling

Send a message via MSN to JDS
Cool guys... You need some Redbull to give you wings and help you get more air..

Hey Devilboy you track day junkie... How did the Triumph go ??

EMAIL :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-09-2009, 12:16 PM Thread Starter

I had Stevie Wonder on the camera so he missed all my airborne's !!!! got some pukka pictures through the official photographer though- true air time :-)
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-10-2009, 08:54 AM

the triumph is brilliant!! just not fast enough!! handles great, brakes great, just get blitzed a bit on the long straights at cadwell but i had too high gearing on so was just a bit slow on pick up outta turns but will change that for next one, its so flickable i found i was tipping in a bit too fast but ill get used to it, would advise anyone to give one a go. if mv can make a 675 triple better than this theyll sell thousands, cant understand why theres not more about, to see guys faces on big bikes ride past when ive removed my helmet after session is priceless, especially when ive rode completely round them and their mates in corners. this bike is bog standard engine wise , so may invest in power commander and race filter for next year. btw never used a slipper clutch before but can see why everyone raves about em now, they are deffo safer
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-10-2009, 11:16 AM Thread Starter

I know what you mean re sound etc. the MV is the nutts too.

Im having a power commander and full service too.. + some super sticky BSB Pirellis too..... never thought of a slipper clutch though- will try and get them to fit one of them too :-)

Im back to Cadwell in July if your around + on a 2 stroke only event in August on my 500 GP Replica- thats a possessed animal, 110bhp with just 138kg wet holding her down all in the space of a 2k powerband :-) fun like you wouldn't believe - especially over the mountain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode