MV Fv 750 Advice Please - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 03:08 PM Thread Starter

MV Fv 750 Advice Please

Im new to the world of MV and id really like an early MV F4 750 its as much as my budget of 5-6k will allow :-( obviously don't want to buy a pup so could anyone please give me some pointers of things i should look out for re. early MV's.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated-

James
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 03:20 PM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Welcome aboard!

I think you are about $1500 too low if you want an F4. You might find a Brutale in that price range.

Look for obvious signs the bike has been crashed. If you find a good one, go see it, take lots of detailed pics and then post them here. We are not shy about pointing out flaws.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 03:35 PM
Banned

james

are we talking or $ or some other strange currency?

+1 with what Carl says but also, dont worry too much if the bike has been dropped as they can take one hell of a pounding

lets face it; they are sturdy strong bikes, designed for High High Revs and for the majority that buy the bike from new, they are very well looked after

if you are from U.K. you have the correct figure in mind, if you are from usa as carl says, you need to raise the figure

look for an EV03 if possible (2003 model).

good luck on searching and welcome to the world of MV

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 03:47 PM Thread Starter

Thanks

Thanks guys for the nod- yes im in the U.K

Its good to hear there aren't any inherent problems to be overly concerned with.

Whats the service intervauls with this motor? Also is there a big service i,e cam belts or chains at a certain mileage? iv had a Ducati before and boy oh boy was she high maintenance (like all the best things in life usually are )

Cheers
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 04:17 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by F41NXS View Post
look for an EV03 if possible (2003 model).
+1

If you can't find an EVO3, look for one of the later twin radiator F4s, as the earlier models were single rad, and it may save you from upgrading to twin rad in the future. If it has the water impeller mod, that's a bonus, but they're cheap enough & easy enough to fit anyway if it doesn't. (Read up on F4 cooling issues on this forum if you have a few days to spare...) Also check the wheel bearings, as these have been known to let go on the F4s. Other than that, and the points mentioned above, just go for it! The F4S is a great bike, with a super free spinning engine that really cranks in the upper rev range, but you gotta keep it on the boil to get the most out of it.

All the best.

If you're not living life on the edge - you're taking up too much space!

2000 MV F4S
1992 Ducati 888 SP4
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 04:22 PM
Banned

This is usually a pretty good forum, you can speak up and say specifically where you are in U.K. without any hassles or trouble

If from Scotland, you will have problems locating a dealer for servicing, although most can be done by yourself.

If from down south you will have a number of dealers for help with servicing

check out this Link;
and dont worry if you see someone saying "750 exact paintwork as F4 1000" as the simple fact is, the 750 had the best paint work of all MV's
http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk...arch_full.y=12

id have to look up service intervals as its not a thing i am overly concerned with until due one. one is needed at 7500 miles not sure what is required after as im sitting offshore at work (you can see im a very busy person)

Ive had very few problems with the 750 since 2003 and its a stunning excellent bike to ride, I prefer the handing over the 312R and if keeping it high up the rev band (8000 - 1100+ rpm) the bike really comes into play

you wont regret buying one for road use and if kept up the rev band it WILL keep up with the big boys.

P.S. if your from Scotland do not worry in the slightest regarding cooling issues

ah shit, just been shouted high d.p. with diesel filters, have to go change some out, see ya.

Last edited by F41NXS; 05-25-2009 at 04:26 PM.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 04:41 PM Thread Starter

I live in Markket Harborough, Leicestershire inn the U.K- thanks for all the tips guys- i feel better prepeared and have some valuable pointers now, i sure you will see me soon with a shiny new (old) MV in the garage

Cheers

James
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 05:12 PM

A bike is a bike. Look for low mileage and no damage. +1 Carbon. The 750 is a high RPM engine. Keep it in the sweet spot and surprise everybody in your group. Me myself, I got tired of being shut down by the big bores so I stepped up to a 1000. If your just playing with 600's and 750's the F4750 is your bike.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Take off your pants and jacket

01 750S W/1000R engine
01 Ducati 748 W/853 kit
03 Yamaha R1 (SOLD)
01 Kawasaki KX 125
88 Yamaha YSR 50
01 Yamaha R6
03 Suzuki DRZ pitbike
1982 Honda 110 atc
Yamaha PW50
1978 Honda 90 atc
2011 Yamaha Grizzly 700
2008 Yamaha Raptor 660
1975 Kawasaki G5 100
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 12:12 AM
Established Member

Hi James

Think i recognise your rothmans rep from the RGV forum?

Got two RGVs as well as far too many MVs!

Second advice above - for the 750 the later the better.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 01:08 AM Thread Starter

Yep im on the RGV forum too :-) my Rothmans is 'Bike Of The Month'- love it but need a long distance reliable tourer too, but with exclusivity and go go go, hence the MV-

My pocket won't stretch to a later one unfortunately, iv got id say 5-6k, 6 being absolute max so fingers crossed i will find one as late as poss' for that money.

Not concerned with mileage too much as i will only put 3k p.a on it and being a jap motor id expect it to go on for 30k-40k+ before overhaul.

Thanks for the nod

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode