1000th post!! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 07:45 AM Thread Starter

Smile 1000th post!!

well has its my 1000th post i thought i would save it for a good subject. i went to cadwell park last monday for my 1st trackday of the year, during the winter i had sold my very trusty suzuki gsxr 600 k1 and bought a ex triumph triple 675 challenge race bike. now you know what its like when you buy a different bike, you wonder if youve done the right thing,especially being an ex race bike because most of them have been abused etc. well i had a pretty sleepless night before the big day wondering if it would blow up , or something would fall off including me, or it would break down , or just wondering if you can even ride has quick has you did last year ! i neednt have worried , the bike was bloody fantastic!! its only a standard engine but has the suspension altered, has kais front internals and wp rear shock, slipper clutch(never used one before ) and gpr steering damper,race end can and thats it.hasnt even got a power commander or race filter.1st session i decide to wait at the back of the group and lt everyone get away , there was 3 sighting laps and i used these to check brakes acceleration handling etc and of course to warm tyres(no trye warmers) after the 3 laps i upped the pace and was well happy, it stayed dry all day but was very windy and anyone whose done cadwell knows about it whipping the front end away around charlies. we had 6x 25 min sessions and i have to say i got quicker every time out.but to put an end to a glorious day i was walking through the paddock when i saw a new 1078 mv 1000, so obviously intrigued i went to have a look. the bike was gorgeous and hanging off the mirror was a phil read rep helmet, it was then i noticed a lot of camera lights and a photographer taking pics.then i saw a bloke who looked very familiar to me, it was none other than racing legend phil read!! so i asked to have a photo taken with him and the bike and he said he was going out in the evening session on the 1078. i chatted with him for 10 mins and it finished my perfect day off. phil was there because bike magazine were doing an article on him and it will be featured very soon so keep alook out for it in the next couple of months. see pics in my files has they are too big to appear here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 07:52 AM
The Dude

yeeha!

now you are:

'06 MV Agusta Brutale 910 || '03 MV Agusta F4 750 - Moto Corse Challenge 2 || '05 Yamaha FJR1300A || '04 Honda CBR600RR || '96 Honda XR250 || '90 Honda CBR250RR (MC22) || '89 Honda VT250 Spada

Tokyo, Japan
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 08:35 AM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Sigh. They grow up so fast.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 08:40 AM
The Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
Sigh. They grow up so fast.

indeed.....

'06 MV Agusta Brutale 910 || '03 MV Agusta F4 750 - Moto Corse Challenge 2 || '05 Yamaha FJR1300A || '04 Honda CBR600RR || '96 Honda XR250 || '90 Honda CBR250RR (MC22) || '89 Honda VT250 Spada

Tokyo, Japan
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 08:51 AM Thread Starter

hey, tell me about tokyo, how long you been there and whereabouts do you live? i ask because i have frie
nd who lives there
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 08:55 AM
The Dude

Tokyo rocks. Great place for riding (aside from strict speeding penalties). Overspending public works means great roads, lots of skylines, which are basically on the mountain ridges.

In Setagaya-ku, couple km from Shibuya. Built a house here, so hopefully here for a while.

who do you know here?

I'm in the UK next week for two weeks.... I see you are near-ish to Manchester. 1st week in london, 2nd week I'll be hitting the Lake district and spending a night in Manchester. Would be cool if you are around.... will be in a car.

Tokyo, Japan
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 09:07 AM
Established Member

"see pics in my files has they are too big to appear here"

Try the free jpeg optimizer software at www.xat.com to compress your pice when needed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1965 BSA 650 Lightning cafe' racer - sold to my insurance agent.
2006 Buell XB12Ss
2007 KTM 300XCW (e)
2008 Buell 1125r - Gone but not forgotten.
2009 Brutale 1078RR

The older I get, the faster I was.........

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode