Pleasure didn't last much..... - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 03:40 AM Thread Starter

Pleasure didn't last much.....

I live and work in a foreign country, so i don't have many occasions to use my F4.
After 1 long year i finally came back to Italy for 1 month; great weather and plenty of time......nice situation to spend some days on the road.
Had to change battery and changed motor oil too; after that i made a quick check to parts, oiled up chain and finally moved for the first few km.
Every thing looked ok, no problems at all till i met up some traffic. Temperature went up to 140 degrees and the liquid througt up! Turned off, waited put water in radiator and returned home quite disappointed. It was the fan fuse fault. Changed the fuse all was ok again but it's quite surprising that a simple fuse can make serious damages if you don't pay attention to the temperature......

Second trip, quick and without problems: only thing i noticed that i had to change my wheels because after one year of stop they were quite hard.

Third trip: many bikes, alot of friends. A nice sunday. After 50 km of highway and nice roads, while i was into a corner (slow) i heard a nasty "crunch"
I stopped and checked:the rear brake disk was rubbing an internal part of wheel, which was not completelly centerd and was moving from a side and the other.
A guy told me that maybe the problem is the bearing........and also in this case i was quite worried about consequences i could have (and the bike too) if the thing would happen a few km earlier....

Shit........after 1 year waiting i've been able to make 2 trips; now i have to fix it and i guess it will be ready just in time when i'll have to go back to my job.

Very disappointed and sad........others with their kawakikis continued their trip; me with my F41000 totally revisioned 2500 km ago, not!
I still think we've got the best bike of the world.....but sometimes we just don't deserve this kind of situations......

SUZUKI RG250 - YAMAHA RD 350 - YAMAHA RD 500 - SUZUKI RG 500 - SUZUKI GSXR 1100 - KAWASAKI ZXR 750 - DUCATI 851S - DUCATI 888 SP4 - MV AGUSTA F4 1000S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 03:59 AM

Bad luck mate!

i feel for you!

How many kilometres has the bike done?

I was in Italy this time last year - great country and people just loved it!!!

MV Agusta 1000S 1+1 (2004); Suzuki GSXR 600 (2005); Honda CB750; Honda CB175; BSA 350 (1939) ;
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 05:15 AM Thread Starter

Black luck.
The bike has 17.500km and made mot on 15.000 km.

SUZUKI RG250 - YAMAHA RD 350 - YAMAHA RD 500 - SUZUKI RG 500 - SUZUKI GSXR 1100 - KAWASAKI ZXR 750 - DUCATI 851S - DUCATI 888 SP4 - MV AGUSTA F4 1000S
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 10:29 AM

This just sounds like a case of not riding it enough. The more you ride it the less likely things are to go south. Keep the oil moving and the grease turning.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Take off your pants and jacket

01 750S W/1000R engine
01 Ducati 748 W/853 kit
03 Yamaha R1 (SOLD)
01 Kawasaki KX 125
88 Yamaha YSR 50
01 Yamaha R6
03 Suzuki DRZ pitbike
1982 Honda 110 atc
Yamaha PW50
1978 Honda 90 atc
2011 Yamaha Grizzly 700
2008 Yamaha Raptor 660
1975 Kawasaki G5 100
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 03:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper3309 View Post
This just sounds like a case of not riding it enough. The more you ride it the less likely things are to go south. Keep the oil moving and the grease turning.
it's the first thing i thought.....maybe grease was dry inside the wheel/bearing......don't know, but i read that it's a common problem on Mvs; do u confirm? Anybody had this kind of problem?

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 07:19 AM

yes many people on here have experienced wheel bearing problems, it is a very serious matter but mv just sweep it under the carpet and ignore us, i guess its gonna take someone to be killed before its solved, bloody disgraceful imo
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 11:35 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilboy View Post
yes many people on here have experienced wheel bearing problems, it is a very serious matter but mv just sweep it under the carpet and ignore us, i guess its gonna take someone to be killed before its solved, bloody disgraceful imo
Confirmed! Just today i took the bike to check and and the mechanic (a kwown mv expert here in Rome) said without even looking at the bike, that it's surely a bearing problem as it's very common on F4. It's a kind of problem, he said, that soon or later happens to all, depending the drive.

Personally i think it's a really serious problem because could cause major problems; just a few km earlier i was on highway quite fast and i can imagine what the rear wheel block could cause.
Suggest all F4 owners to check this part of their bike.
Ciao

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode