MV Agusta North America Customer Service - MVAgusta.net
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By esq'z me

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 02:12 PM Thread Starter

MV Agusta North America Customer Service

Looking for information regarding contacting MV Agusta for a Customer Service matter.

Their Website has a Contact Form for Technical Assistance (i.e. bike broken and need help) but I could not find anything that deals with general issues.

Here is my deal. I bought a brand new left over 2014 Rivale from a dealer several states away and had the bike delivered. I gave the bike a quick look over when the shipping company arrived and I did not notice any issues, so signed that there was no damage. However, I missed something. The right side handlebar control/switch gear cluster was making hard contact with my fuel tank and gouged it. The left side was touching lightly too. I tried adjusting it immediately but could not get adequate clearance--it still was hitting the tank several mm's before hard-stop. I sent photos and an explanation to the selling dealer asking them for some kind of resolution path. I was ignored.

I made an appt as soon as I could (3 days later) at a Florida MV dealer to help with the handle-bar set up issue and to burn in a new ECU map (bike was delivered with the original outdated map because the selling dealer's MV Computer tool was down). They were able to move and adjust things on the handlebars to provide adequate clearance between the switch gear and fuel tank and told me that it appeared that the controls were not installed correctly at the selling dealer. They also burned in a new map and I was charged $126 for the service. Since the dealer I bought it from was still non-responsive regarding the damaged tank, I requested that the Florida dealer attempt to put the damaged fuel tank issue thru on a warranty claim. They tried and it was ultimately denied by MV. MV recommended that I contact the selling dealers since they did the PDI incorrectly on the bike.

So......I tried contacting the selling dealer yet again one more time to see if there was anything they would do. Their response was that the bike was not damaged when it left their shop and the damage happened during shipment. They recommended that I take it up with the Shipper and that they would sell me a new tank at dealer cost. Taking yet another deep breath.....................

I am looking for some recourse avenues here and was thinking of writing MV Agusta to document my negative buying experience from one of their US Dealers. I am not sure that will amount to me getting a new or repaired tank but it might make me feel better!

Does anyone have any recommendations and contact information for MV Agusta Customer service?

Here is a photo of the tank immediately after I moved the motorcycle into my patio area after the deliver truck dropped it off. Damage is right where the "A" in Agusta used to be. The screw head protruding straight down from the right side switch gear is the source of the damage:

IMG_5782 by Matthew Fields, on Flickr
IMG_5783 by Matthew Fields, on Flickr

The MF'r from Cape Canaveral, FL
Present Bikes: Finally got everything I have always wanted.......almost
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-21-2018, 07:59 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Write them a letter. Mail is certified delivery. Now you have a record on file.

The selling dealer installed the handlebars in the wrong position (I thought these bikes came pretty much fully assembled??). It is their responsibility but you are going to have a tough time with this since you signed for the bike at delivery.

The servicing dealer really shouldn't have charged you for the new map (in my opinion), I think MV covers that cost...maybe I'm wrong, but I think that is like a warranty item.

You might consider hiring a lawyer to go after the selling dealer. All this is ultimately their responsibility. And if they couldn't update the map before delivery they should have delayed shipment until they could. The "MV computer" is nothing more then their shop laptop with software, diag cable and internet connection. What were they doing for other brands they carry?

Your best bet may be to find a good high end auto body paint shop, buy a replacement decal, and have the tank repaired. Probably less than the lawyer will cost (faster resolution, too).

Just who was this poorly performing dealer??

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '08 TT-R110 (Buster) Pam's ride, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-22-2018, 12:13 PM Thread Starter

I am hoping the MV Customer support approach works at resolving this. When I was originally on the fence about buying the MV Brand and, moreover, from a dealer 1600 miles away from me, a few other posters within this Forum said that Heinen's Motorsports was an excellent shop.

I am getting the feeling that since the bike was sold at such an extreme discount that the dealer is just turning their back on it and hoping I give up and just go away!!

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-22-2018, 07:12 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Heinen has mixed reviews..... The Suzuki service rep for that area has some ugly things to say about their new bike storage and PDI set-up. I understand that if you live nearby they are good to work with.

Personally, I would never buy a bike off the Internet sight unseen.

I think you had best start looking for a paint shop and ask the dealer if they will at least give you the new decal needed, if not assist with the cost of repairs. Forget a new tank...will cost way more than a repair which will be just as good as new if you get the right painter (who does body work on the Ferraris, Lambos, Astons etc in your area??).

The only thing MV USA can do is chastise the dealer....it is all on the dealer's head.
cruiser likes this.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '08 TT-R110 (Buster) Pam's ride, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018, 05:57 AM Thread Starter

Made initial contact with MV Customer Service and provided the details. Waiting to hear back what they can/will/won't do!!!

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 06:25 PM

Have the same issue from a heinen purchased bike. I just use a black sharpie to fill it in.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode