Fork Upgrade - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-15-2009, 05:16 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Fork Upgrade

Guy's I own a 750 Year 2000 fitted with the 49mm Showa forks and I am looking at changing over to 50mm Marzocchi's with radial adapters. The problem is that my front wheel spindle is the quick release type so the spindle is bolted up through the wheel prior to locating it into the forks but the forks on the newer MV's with radial forks don't seem to have this type of system fitted and I was wondering if the newer front spindle would retrofit to the older 750's front wheel. Glenn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-15-2009, 01:22 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to The_castle
Hi and welcome.
If you are going to buy a set of Marzocchi forks with radial brackets already installed (the standard fork) then you can buy after market 50mm radial brackets that allow installation of the 2000 F4 750 wheel. Selling the bottom brackets that come with the standard Marzocci forkswould go a long way to offest the extra cost.

Here is an option: http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=21583
JDS (John) may be able to help. I'm sure that there are several companies that make a similar bracket. The short answer is that it can be done.
Dave.

Last edited by The_castle; 05-15-2009 at 01:25 PM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-16-2009, 02:42 AM

The 50mm Marzocchi forks uses 58mm ID triples.(both axial and radial fork bottoms) I don't know about the 49mm Showa forks

I know for a fact that the front wheel bearings (MV part number 800090355) on the 50mm Marzocchi's (both axial and radial fork bottoms) are the same, hence the front axle OD are the same. Front axles are different between the 50mm Marzocchi's axial and radial fork bottoms, but they uses the same wheel bearings in the front wheel. The radial fork bottoms also requires wheel spacers, while the axial fork bottoms only require the 2 piece axle to secure the front wheel.

The MV axle part number on the 50mm Marzocchi forks with axial bottoms is 800082752 the "nut" portion is 800082750

You can get radial fork bottoms for the 49mm Showa forks here as well.

http://www.motowheels.com/italian/my...rcycle%20Parts

I hope some if this information helps you.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-16-2009, 03:54 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Thanks for the info guy's, I have just arranged purchase of a set of second hand Marzocchi RAC 50mm forks with Moto Corse Radial Clamps and Brembo Monoblock Calipers which according to the info recieved will fit the standard triple clamps with a 58mm bore. The radial clamps come with the required wheel spindle so all I need now is some Brake Tech Carbon Matrix Composite brake discs and that should be all my brake issues resolved. Thanks Glenn

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode