To Buy or Not To Buy - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-14-2009, 12:18 PM Thread Starter

To Buy or Not To Buy

I'm at that point where I'm ready to buy a new bike. No more JP crotch rockets. I looked Ducati, Aprilla, and Triumph. I was close to getting the 1100 Monster, but I sat on a Brutale. It was the most comfortable of all.

I set my heart on the Brutale but then I started reading some of the maintenance and viability issues with the bike/company (albeit, maybe from haters). I ride my bikes and I'll put thousands of miles on this within a year. Spending the money is not the issue, but expensive and sensitive is not something I'm ready to deal with.

Where are the promoters? Where are the "I have over 50,000 miles on my MV" stories? Yes I'm fully aware of their on/off history. It's kind of like the pre-90 12 cylinder Jaguars. When they ran, it was heaven. But damn, once that car starts having problems, they never go away and money bleeds.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-14-2009, 01:04 PM

I put 24,000 miles on mine in the 2-1/2 yrs I had it. Loved every mile.

Others have more miles than that.

B4 750S [sold]
B3 675R [waiting]
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-14-2009, 01:34 PM

There have been a couple of recent posts asking the same thing. You're always going to see the negative postings, in part, because this forum is an invaluable resource of knowledge and expertise about MVs. People don't normally post just to say "Had another trouble free day" because most people on here don't have any issues. I would be suspect of any bike (or other product) where people felt the need to report a trouble free day.

I bought my Brutale without even riding it. Sat on one at a bike show, knew that I had to have it. Best money I've EVER spent. I don't have as many miles on mine as other's but other than having to change the fule connector, I've had no issues.

Get it. You'll love it.
post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-14-2009, 02:20 PM
Banned

The Brutale & F4 are NOT the Issue

MV Agusta (the company), back up and spares IS the issue

Stay well clear until MV Agusta get their act together and supply the much needed back-up and availability of spares.

If they cannot see this after 10 years and are oblivious to irrate and pissed of customers, they deserve a swift kick where the sun dont shine

and no more factory closures for a full month at a time, no wonder MV ended up on their ass.
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-14-2009, 02:33 PM

Well i have rode the Triumph 1050 and that bike is amazing and is very nimble! and Black paint scheme is sick!
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-14-2009, 04:06 PM

i have mine brutale 910 R now for a bit more than a year and i have put
15 km on it. so far i am very happy and it never let me down. i did
have 2 warranty issues (water pump leaking, and front fork waring off)
but both issues were solved very nicely and in both cases i had just to
bring the bike to the store and they fixed/replaced within 1 day.
for both issues, it was not urgent and i could contiune to drive until
the parts arrived. perfect job and well done both by MV and
the dealer.
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-14-2009, 04:21 PM
Big Randaddy

I'm on my third Brutie, with absolutely no problems at all. I also own two Ducatis (Sport 1000 and S4RS). The build quality, fit, and finish on the Brutale is much nicer than on the Ducati.

Satisfaction may hinge on your specific dealership. If you've got to travel 500 miles to the nearest MV dealer, and the nearest Ducati dealer is just around the corner, then you need to think about that. Also, as I'm sure you know, some dealers are better at customer satisfaction than others.

At the end of the day, don't be afraid of the product. Sure, we have some malcontents here, but I'd put customer satisfaction in the high 90's on this forum.

Comments guys?

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-14-2009, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa2fst View Post
Well i have rode the Triumph 1050 and that bike is amazing and is very nimble! and Black paint scheme is sick!
I am with you on this one. I think personally for me choosing between the Brute and that is quite tough.

I can definitely appreciate where the OP is coming from. I do not have a Brutale, but I have the better version of the MVs...the F4 Senna and I have had no problems that I can report of where I had to go to the dealership...there was a time when my bike was leaking a bit too much coolant every time I would stop but it went away and I think it was too much coolant in the system.

Other than that (mind I have not put too many miles on it) I have had no issues. I think you will be fine with your Brute purchase but as another forum member put it, what with the current economic situation, and the HD deal with MV...and the factory being closed...and all that...not to mention a lot of MV dealers have stopped dealing with MVs (I can name a few from the top of my head) it is indeed a bit worrisome.

I cant believe I am saying this but maybe the MV is not the best choice at the moment? Maybe the Triumph is?

2007 Senna #148/300
2012 Aprilia RSV4 Factory APRC
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-14-2009, 04:34 PM
Big Randaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by suryad View Post
I cant believe I am saying this but maybe the MV is not the best choice at the moment? Maybe the Triumph is?
Wash your mouth out with soap Surya!

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-14-2009, 04:42 PM
ASM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suryad View Post
No...you did not say that did you?

Ciao, Andreas

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode