group buy billet clutch slave cylinder - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-28-2009, 11:50 PM Thread Starter

group buy billet clutch slave cylinder

I am just trying to find if there are anyone interested in a group buy of a billet clutch slave cylinder for the MV.

I just purchase a billet clutch slave cylinder for a Ducati and spoke to the manufacturer of the unit. They told me that there is a minimum of 30 units that they need to make to recoup the cost of doing the MV unit.

A couple of good things is that the unit can be rebuild yeah!!! and made in Australia which is really amazing when 90% of manufacturing is done in China.

The expected cost would be about $100.00 - $120.00 USD or about $150.00 AUD depending on exchange rate, but don't quote me on this. The Ducati unit was about $150.00 so I would assume the MV ones would cost the same.

I got quoted from MV ranging from $300.00 to $370.00 AUD for the original clutch slave cylinder and they are not rebuildable.

I am taking pictures of my clutch slave unit to them and see if they can make it cost effective.

I am making $0.00 from this project as I rather pass on the saving to the people.

Please let me know if there is interest, else I have to get the original MV ones.
Attached Images

Slow is smooth and smooth is fast!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-29-2009, 04:25 AM

yea got quoted $450 from peter stevens for one! such a rip off. Mate I interested only if the price is right( obviously) but I dont think I would ever go back to the original parts just to expensive. so thats a yes for me.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-29-2009, 09:43 PM

Whats the benefit of switching?

Rebuildable...

Easier clutch pull?
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-29-2009, 10:22 PM Thread Starter

The Ducati unit is 30% lighter in operational pull, so I would assume about 20-30% lighter as well.

The big plus is that the unit is rebuildable, not like the MV units and its cheap compared to the MV unit.

Can someone tell me what the cost of an original MV unit is state side?

Slow is smooth and smooth is fast!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode