WSBK Assen pics/vids - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-28-2009, 09:35 AM Thread Starter

WSBK Assen pics/vids

some pictures and videos from the superbike event in Assen.

As MikeF4Black mentioned there where 5 mv agusta's racing.

Talked to the men from the Dutch mv agusta scuderia Benelux team for a while. Its always nice to see other enthousiasts.
Unfortunately I forgot to take pics at there stand but have a few vids of the sound and some pictures in the pit, that I will post later.
Attached Images

Last edited by rickadelic; 04-28-2009 at 09:53 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-28-2009, 11:14 AM
Living the Dream

New Site Garage
Glad to see a topic cover the Assen race. Race 1 was freaking awesome to watch. The pass that spies put on Haslim, basically rubbing elbows through 2 or 3 turns, and the pass he put on Haga made me yell at the TV. Great race to watch, bummer a small slip onto the dirt in race 2 put spies out. Gotta love that kind of racing.

Get busy livin, or get busy dyin
Motorcycle Art!
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this, going
flat out, than most people live in a lifetime.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-28-2009, 01:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeneggs&ham View Post
Glad to see a topic cover the Assen race. Race 1 was freaking awesome to watch. The pass that spies put on Haslim, basically rubbing elbows through 2 or 3 turns, and the pass he put on Haga made me yell at the TV. Great race to watch, bummer a small slip onto the dirt in race 2 put spies out. Gotta love that kind of racing.
great first race indeed. I got to say Ben Spiess got alot of guts (and a great style) but is still a bit too rough as he showed in the second race.

little video from the supersport 600 close by.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fWf1kwpyLg
Attached Images

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-28-2009, 02:50 PM
Living the Dream

New Site Garage
On another board, someone pointed out how Maldin and Spies would pass each other using the grass in some cases while racing in the US, i guess that doesn't work on those international tracks!
It does seem like he is either win it, or bin it over the last two rounds. I wonder if he hasn't really found a way to ride the limit without going over it with the Pirreli's. I also wish the guy would smile! He just won a WSBK race against the best riders in the world, and it looks like someone just crapped in his wheaties!!

Motorcycle Art!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-29-2009, 06:10 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeneggs&ham View Post
On another board, someone pointed out how Maldin and Spies would pass each other using the grass in some cases while racing in the US, i guess that doesn't work on those international tracks!
It does seem like he is either win it, or bin it over the last two rounds. I wonder if he hasn't really found a way to ride the limit without going over it with the Pirreli's. I also wish the guy would smile! He just won a WSBK race against the best riders in the world, and it looks like someone just crapped in his wheaties!!

they are not really great personalities like Bayliss, Haslim and Spies did take some time for there fans but Haga just ran away. I remember Bayliss last year who signed everything and was chatting very relaxed to all his fans including me. He was a real gentleman.

Again the superbikes are great, more relaxed and open than the MotoGP. You can approach most of the riders and take a look in the pit. The teams who aren't as big as the profensional are worth the look too, some very interesting and alternative products on their bikes.
Attached Images

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-29-2009, 12:13 PM

Some super pictures ! You must have had a good paddock pass to take those ! WSB is really awesome at the minute- can't wait 'til October & the final round in Portimao; myself & seven mates have booked to go.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-29-2009, 12:52 PM

Do you guys feel Haga's got this season in the bag? He's been on the podium every race.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-29-2009, 01:07 PM
Living the Dream

New Site Garage
If you look back over his last few years, he tends to have a couple of rounds where he crashes and loses big chunks of points. Now...the ducati is way different than the R1 he was riding. That ducati never seems to have any sort of issue, so i think Haga taking himself out like he has in the past is less likely. Spies is definatly for real in WSBK, and i think he has a shot at catching Haga, but he is going to have to eleminate the crashing. I heard a stat that he has something like 2 crashes and DNF in the last 4 years, and they have been in WSBK. I just love to see an american dice it up with the workls talent.

Motorcycle Art!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 11:57 AM

Great pics, thanks for sharing. Race 1 was insane. Gotta love the rookie Texan giving these WSBK guys a run for their money. Ben practically has to be perfect the remaining races and Haga needs a few falls to have any chance of coming back. Perhaps we'll see another 2002 repeat of the title coming down to the last race...

Go Elbowz!

The Kid
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 12:07 PM Thread Starter

got another few pics hanging around, this weekend hopefully the vids and pics of the mv agusta scuderia team.

Haga seems to have a dip every year but he seems rather comfortable on the ducati
Attached Images

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode