A little help please - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-10-2009, 06:24 PM Thread Starter

A little help please

I have seen many write ups on Clear Alternatives tail light with integrated turn signals but none (at least that I have found) on how to correct the flash rate for a Brutale. From my understanding you have to install a resistor because the brutale doesn't have its own like the F4. So, I guess my question(s) is what kind of resistor should I put in? Where should it go? And for god sakes does anyone have a picture?

Brutale '05
Ducati 848 '08
BMW S1000RR '12
CBR600RR '06 (Sold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-10-2009, 07:29 PM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
I have them on my 910R. I never added a resistor and they work just fine.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-11-2009, 05:00 PM
Established Member

The F4 doesn't have a resistor either. The flasher on the bike has a bi-metallic contactor to create flash effect, rate of flashing is dependent on current flowing through it. Because LED lights use a much lower current, when replacing a light with an LED equivalent the flash rate increases dramatically or even has the indicator lights permanently on.

Firstly try I'd suggest you install the light and see if the flsh rate is acceptable to you.

If the flash rate is too quick then a resistor needs to be placed accross the light to correct this. The resistor should be around 18-ohms and rated at 10W (minimum). You will need 2 resistors - one for each turn direction. They are quite bulky, on my wife's bike I fitted the resistors into the mirrors when she fitted clear alternatives to the front lights (and insisted on colourless bulbs).

I can tell you more if needed.

Andrew...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode