MV's future with HD? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-10-2009, 07:11 AM Thread Starter

MV's future with HD?

This weeks MCN has a half page article on just how deep in the s**t HD are, now I can't see HD pumping enough money into MV for the new models to appear when the HD brand is in trouble, don't most company's start selling off their subsiduaries when this kind of threat looms? will we see MV back on the market again?

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-10-2009, 07:36 AM
Banned

nice to see you back Mike

Ive losing faith in MV Agusta fast, they sure as hell cant pull themselves outa the shit, so was hoping HD would do it for them.

Perhaps MV will be like "ship building on the Clyde" (a thing of the past).

should we say MV Agusta ----> r.i.p.

???

post #3 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-10-2009, 09:18 AM Thread Starter

I don't know, I would dearly like to see MV survive, but how many times they can jump out of the frying pan into the fire? I thought HD was the answer, but can you honestly see HD pumping in the development costs of a new range of bikes when they are trying to keep their own heads above water?

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-10-2009, 09:32 AM

If they can keep making the F4 and Brutale forever that'll be fine with me. I'm months away from finishing school and i desperately want the 312RR!!!
post #5 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-10-2009, 09:44 AM

Well, we're lead to believe that GM is fucked out of it's world, yet it's opening plants in China and India. So, I think it's like that.

"Buy our newly developed chromed shit, we need money bad!"

Time is a delusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
post #6 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-10-2009, 09:48 AM

Send a message via MSN to machine748s
If MV wants to make money they should stop selling their bikes in the US (sorry for this one US friends) but an F4 is 22.000 here in Europe it should be 28.000$ in the US not 22.000$..
It's sad to ear that HD is in such a mess, I've always thought HD and MV are for the same peoples real fans or rich yuppies..
post #7 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-10-2009, 09:58 AM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
I have found that stock prices are a fairly good leading indicator of companies health.

On the one hand, HD has gone from $60 to $18. Not good.

On the other, it has gone from $6 to $18. Not indicative of a company going out of business any time soon.

CAG
post #8 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-10-2009, 10:06 AM

Can MV save HD? I don't know but I do know a new body style will boost global sales. Sure, it would be great if the new bike cut weight and had all the high tech gadgets the current superbikes have. But if development cost is an issue, why not slap that new body on the 312RR for two year and then update the internals when the cash flow's better.

That my theory on why we'll see a new F4 in Milan and it will probaly be a dressed up version of the current bikes. The triple , I think, will be a few years away because of the development and production costs.
post #9 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-10-2009, 10:07 AM
Big Randaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
I have found that stock prices are a fairly good leading indicator of companies health.

CAG
If not their integrity........I'm not gonna let up on you til you sell that GE Caggy.......

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
post #10 of 88 (permalink) Old 04-10-2009, 10:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaGraze View Post
If they can keep making the F4 and Brutale forever that'll be fine with me. I'm months away from finishing school and i desperately want the 312RR!!!
Wowwwwww slow down

leaving school and straight onto a 312RR

I learned the hard way on an LC350 back in 1982, wouldnt want anyone else to learn that way, (hitting a car @100mph+ aint much fun).

if you gonna get that bike, be carefull

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode