My Ups and Downs with MV Agusta... - MVAgusta.net
 20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 63 (permalink) Old 09-29-2017, 10:44 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Lightbulb My Ups and Downs with MV Agusta...

I had the passion and all that other bullshit MV talks about but today it has turned bitter and I have become very upset with this company.

Two months ago today my engine dropped a valve. Before that I had the sprag issue, gas tank bubbling issue, rear brake issues, failed exhaust valve issue and a failed front wheel speed sensor. Good thing the sprag didn't fail completely which allowed me to somewhat enjoy my first riding season with bike. But in the back of my head the thought of being stranded and if I was in a situation where I needed the back break was bothersome.

The sprag, tank and new rear brake pump we're fixed over the winter and I was looking forward to having peace of mind during the new riding season. Well that got flushed down the toilet quickly as the rear brake had issues again and with the failing of front wheel speed sensor.

Had those two issues taken care and back to riding again.

BUT

That well designed, highly advanced POS 3 cylinder engine decided to suck a valve. I knew what it was when all I heard was clunk clunk clunk and the silence of engine cutting off but I was praying it would be something different.

So two months later my bike is still at shop waiting for the new engine to arrive. I have heard so many stories that I have grown sick about it. Weeks ago my engine was built and ready to be shipped from factory. Weeks went by with no engine and then I was told it was held up to ensure I had the latest redesigned head. Apparently, even the early 2017 models have valve stem guides not made up to par and once again MV had to go with a different supplier for the guides. Was also told there was a new service bulletin published this week about the heads.

My engine was suppose to be at shop yesterday but it never arrived and my dealer has not received any shipping info. It might be held up at customs but who knows after everything I have been told.

I have had it with MV. They should be ashamed of how they treat customers and should be more concerned about keeping current customers happy to give them a better chance in the future considering everything this company has been through.

I can no longer in good faith recommend MV to anyone. Anyone who is thinking of buying a MV should think twice. The small nuances of dealing with a MV are not worth it unless you do not mind your bike being out of service for a long time while it takes so long to get parts.

I would not be so upset with MV right now if communication between customer, dealer, dealer support and MV Italy was better. To be honest if that communication system was better I could have waited longer without being so upset.

MV Italy is where all the blame can be put here. The dealer and their dealer support have been awesome but the lack of updates to them and the different stories are horrible.

Thank you for reading my rant and I hope your dealings with MV are a lot better than mine.

I hope MV finds a way to rectify my situation so I can be that loyal passionate rider of MV once again.

My bike is a 2014 F3 675 that I purchased new in 2016.
Attached Images

Last edited by Angelo-MV; 09-29-2017 at 10:54 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 63 (permalink) Old 09-29-2017, 10:59 AM

dogs balls
this really suxs to hear mate. It seems u got a bad bike. Lots of MVS are great though, so not all is bad with MV. U unfortunately got unlucky. Whats ur next move my friend. Sell?

Sanity is the playground for the un-imaginative
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2005 MV F4 1000S / 2006 Yamaha 50th anniversary R1 / 1998 Aprilia RS 125
1995 Suzuki RGV 250 / 2004 Cagiva Mito EVO2 / 2000 Cagiva mito
1992 Yamaha YZ250 / 1991 Kawasaki kr1s / 2010 Vespa GTS 300
post #3 of 63 (permalink) Old 09-29-2017, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
If I do not have a reasonable solution by some time next week then I will push for a buy back. Laws in NY (USA) are sort of favorable for the consumer so I guess I will have to go that route. The bike is still under warranty but it should not take this long to fix. If it does take this long than the communication should be better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothermvfanatic View Post
dogs balls
this really suxs to hear mate. It seems u got a bad bike. Lots of MVS are great though, so not all is bad with MV. U unfortunately got unlucky. Whats ur next move my friend. Sell?
post #4 of 63 (permalink) Old 09-29-2017, 11:45 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Bruce Taylor
There is no question that owners in the USA have far more problems with warranty claims and dealers than that experienced in the UK. At least there is a plus side of living this side of the pond.
Hubbinator and Hubbinator like this.
post #5 of 63 (permalink) Old 09-29-2017, 12:05 PM

I feel for you Angelo. I got fed up of waiting for warranty work. Luckily for me a yamaha dealer agreed to take my TVL with its warranty issues as part exchange for one of their models. Perhaps something like that would be an option for you?
post #6 of 63 (permalink) Old 09-29-2017, 12:27 PM

New Site Garage
I hate seeing stories like this. I met a guy too who I was initially excited to see another MV, until he told me it's already on its 2nd motor...
What kind of mileage did you have when it sucked the valve? I guess it doesn't really matter, these are new bikes!
2000 miles on mine. No issue other than the sprag. but makes me nervous...

Nighthawk 650 '83 prune/gunk
FZR 600 '93 red/white
F4 750 '03 red/silver
F3 800 '16 ABS red/silver
post #7 of 63 (permalink) Old 09-29-2017, 12:31 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
I would get clobbered on a trade in since I have no working engine I would be better off requesting a buy back. It would take some time but my riding season is most likely over anyways.
Supposedly my case has been moved up to the head of Urban Moto Group which is now the owner of MV USA.
post #8 of 63 (permalink) Old 09-29-2017, 12:37 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
I was at 11,000 miles. The bike was never on the track. I changed the oil often and took care of bike so well. The engine was broken in properly and the ECU dump showed no signs of abuse.
Another member on this forum dropped a valve on his second engine with a few hundred miles on it. That is a rare case but I am sure part of an overall bigger problem...
There is a new service bulletin for the head on these engines so call your dealer to see if your VIN falls into the range of bikes that need to be looked at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bioluminescence View Post
I hate seeing stories like this. I met a guy too who I was initially excited to see another MV, until he told me it's already on its 2nd motor...
What kind of mileage did you have when it sucked the valve? I guess it doesn't really matter, these are new bikes!
2000 miles on mine. No issue other than the sprag. but makes me nervous...
post #9 of 63 (permalink) Old 09-29-2017, 01:48 PM

New Site Garage
It seems that all those 675 engines go... A mate of mine over here as well.
Let's it turns out for the good and you can still be happy with the MV.

What a beast of a motorcycle!
It growls and rages and flies across the tarmac like a wild animal that has escaped the confinement of a cage and after merely waiting restlessly until the release, will not endure being locked up ever again.

Skye I miss you. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
post #10 of 63 (permalink) Old 09-29-2017, 04:49 PM

It appears to me that MV AGUSTA USA is on the verge of collapse. Since they took over earlier this year promising to fix the supply issues and warranty problems, dealerships have been dropping like flies.
My TVL cruise control and quick shifter have never worked since I have owned the bike- almost two years.
Today, the dealership, where I bought the bike and where it is sitting waiting for warranty work informed that the bike is not fixed, they are not going to fix it, they are fed up trying to fix it and that I should come and collect it, with it still broken. I phoned another dealership and they wont touch it either. They have a number of new MV's in their showroom that they cant sell because of the parts problem. These new bikes will need parts , sooner or later.
Anyone reading this today in North America had better think very very carefully before putting done any hard earned cash at an MV dealer - go buy something else , because now is not the time.
What I am going to do with this beautiful piece of crap now , I don't know.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode