My Ups and Downs with MV Agusta... - Page 5 - MVAgusta.net
 20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 63 (permalink) Old 10-11-2017, 07:26 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MV Arthur View Post
Your bike is stunning. Let's hope number 3 is a keeper. Nice meeting you.
Nice meeting you too. Your bike is pretty bad ass too. Can't wait to see it with all the goodies on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Gold_Saw View Post
Good to hear she is back Angelo.
Enjoy the ride, and stay safe

PS: Black engine looks so much better in the white F3 version.
Thanks! I love the black engine. The older engine developed some water stains on the clutch cover which always bothered me. Kind of a blessing is disguise that it was replaced
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 63 (permalink) Old 10-11-2017, 09:56 AM

New Site Garage
My TVL is a year old and I have had the typical ten weeks of spring in the shop, and then my dealer telling me we will not service MV anymore.

Like I have said before, this bike costs too much to not hold on to. When it is running, like now, I love it. As a matter of fact, my bike standard is so much higher with the TVL, that most other bikes seem nominal.

If I had a valve drop on a new bike like Angelo, with the delays, and the lack of communication with Varese....well, I don't know what I would do. I would try to buy a different bike and keep the MV.
Marko G. and Marko G. like this.

Terry_________________________________________
Tecumseh Minibike, SL 70, KE 100, XR250L, KLR650, ST800, XR650L, 525EXC, 450EXC, GS1200R, 2016 TVL 800
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #43 of 63 (permalink) Old 10-15-2017, 09:02 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Another day and another issue with this MV.
The day I got bike back the gear indicator sensor went. Replaced with sensor from old engine and all is working now.
Then I discovered a very small coolant leak on top right side of engine where the tube goes into engine.
Almost certain that's where it is coming from but maybe it is leaking where tube attaches to hose.
Sigh...
post #44 of 63 (permalink) Old 10-16-2017, 01:22 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo-MV View Post
The day I got bike back the gear indicator sensor went. Replaced with sensor from old engine and all is working now.
Then I discovered a very small coolant leak on top right side of engine where the tube goes into engine.
Almost certain that's where it is coming from but maybe it is leaking where tube attaches to hose.
Sigh...
Try a decent tuning company that knows what they're doing and maybe they have a permanent solution for the leaking.

That's what I would do.

1120 F4RC -2017 MOTUL. Euro 3. The last of the best of the best!
post #45 of 63 (permalink) Old 10-16-2017, 02:23 AM

New Site Garage
I feel very lucky. I have lived with my F4 as a daily commuter for 13K miles so far in rain or shine. Never been stranded, had a exhaust valve issue that I corrected myself and periodically refresh the rear brake fluid. During rain season, bike had to sit in the rain for 3 days at work locations, that was when the exhaust valve started failing, but still got me home. YMMV.

'14 F4 RR ABS Pearly White/ Deep Black (13K miles still rolling, Haha!)
'13 Panigale S ABS (18.5K miles SOLD)
'15 Panigale R (2K miles)
'15 Fireblade SP (1K miles)
Los Angeles North
post #46 of 63 (permalink) Old 10-16-2017, 06:49 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo-MV View Post
Sigh...
The coolant leak is likely a hose attached by the dealer when they swapped the engine....I would be going over everything they touched in that process to make sure it is all correct.
You can bet your ass that MV wasn't paying the technician to take his time.
Just sayin.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #47 of 63 (permalink) Old 10-16-2017, 08:10 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z

The coolant leak is likely a hose attached by the dealer when they swapped the engine....I would be going over everything they touched in that process to make sure it is all correct.
You can bet your ass that MV wasn't paying the technician to take his time.
Just sayin.
The leak is coming from the fitment where tube attaches to engine. It was already in place when engine was built and delivered.
Sure the two issues could be considered minor issues but this is brand new engine. If the old engine was not at shop to get the gear indicator sensor off it I am sure it would have been a couple month wait.
Bike goes back to shop Tuesday. Hopefully it is just an O ring or some seal that can be easily replaced.
Attached Images

post #48 of 63 (permalink) Old 10-16-2017, 10:30 AM

Hopefully they get your sorted and back to having fun and enjoying the bike...
post #49 of 63 (permalink) Old 10-27-2017, 12:28 AM

oh jeeze! Most of us have had issues with MV (or Aprilia or Guzzi or ...). Keep the faith. It's tough to remember when it's our bike but MV USA and IT are dealing with lots of issues and a language barrier to boot. I hope you get your issues sorted out for good and get some rubber on the road. It took a lot of shit to get my Aprilia RXV550 sorted but now that is my favorite bike to ride.

Timmay, tim-may timmay timmay. TIMMMAAYYY!!

post #50 of 63 (permalink) Old 10-27-2017, 06:21 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Thanks! Bike is running magnificent now. New engine is pulling strong and issues seem to be gone.
MV came through in the end and did everything possible to make sure I was satisfied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpants View Post
oh jeeze! Most of us have had issues with MV (or Aprilia or Guzzi or ...). Keep the faith. It's tough to remember when it's our bike but MV USA and IT are dealing with lots of issues and a language barrier to boot. I hope you get your issues sorted out for good and get some rubber on the road. It took a lot of shit to get my Aprilia RXV550 sorted but now that is my favorite bike to ride.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode