New to the forum - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 01:29 PM Thread Starter

New to the forum

Hi all, thought I would take a few moments to introduce myself. I
have been an MV owner a few years back when I had a 750f4. Had the bike for a 1 yr but alas it seemed to be plagued with water loss probs along with the lack of grunt. So it was back to the V twin D***ti 998. Please dont all boo at the same time, but I have had a few of these way back to the early 70's 250cc, 450cc and on.

I am in the process of buying my first MV 1000 to add to the collection. [her indoors is not impressed]. So any advice thats needed in looking for faults etc or is the old 750 that I had literally the same, except for the motor?? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 01:37 PM
JDS
King of Bling

Send a message via MSN to JDS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeteast View Post
Hi all, thought I would take a few moments to introduce myself. I
have been an MV owner a few years back when I had a 750f4. Had the bike for a 1 yr but alas it seemed to be plagued with water loss probs along with the lack of grunt. So it was back to the V twin D***ti 998. Please dont all boo at the same time, but I have had a few of these way back to the early 70's 250cc, 450cc and on.

I am in the process of buying my first MV 1000 to add to the collection. [her indoors is not impressed]. So any advice thats needed in looking for faults etc or is the old 750 that I had literally the same, except for the motor?? Thanks.
Welcome on board mate, and you'll enjoy the banter and loads of info this forum has to offer..

You can't beat a well looked after early 1000S in Red & Silver..

I'm still a big fan of the 750's over the 1000's..

They are a lot more involved when it comes to riding them fast, and some of the limited models ie: SPR's and SR are a great buy..

Enjoy what ever you end up buying, and lets hope you have more fun and luck than your previous MV ownership...

PS: Italian V twins also rule !!!!!!

EMAIL :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 01:58 PM
Banned

Big Welcome Harry

you will find this forum a wealth of knowledge with regards to maintenance

and many other topics will make you laugh

enjoy

p.s. PM sent.
post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 02:38 PM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Welcome aboard!

No one here will throw stones at you for having a Ducati, especially a 998.

Some of the 1000s run a little hot, (easy fix), some rear wheel bearings have been known to fail prematurely, (easy fix), the EBS relay has gone bad on a few, (easy fix). You may have none of the above issues with yours.

Forks are bigger, engine is bigger, brakes are better on the later bikes. Riding position is a little more upright and the bike is taller. At least it seems taller to me but I'm almost as short as Randy.

CAG
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
I will. A big stone, in fact.

Just kidding.
Welcome aboard and get the F4 1000, as it's an overall improvment over the F4 750
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 06:09 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the welcome. I shall be giving the potential addition to the collection the once over in a day or two. Appreciate your comments on the very few items to check over.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 07:43 PM

Welcome!

B4 750S [sold]
B3 675R [waiting]
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-22-2009, 09:24 PM
Big Randaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
Welcome aboard!

Some of the 1000s run a little hot, (easy fix), some rear wheel bearings have been known to fail prematurely, (easy fix), the EBS relay has gone bad on a few, (easy fix). You may have none of the above issues with yours.

Forks are bigger, engine is bigger, brakes are better on the later bikes. Riding position is a little more upright and the bike is taller. At least it seems taller to me but I'm almost as short as Randy.

CAG
Let me add my welcome as well. Listen to Caggy, as he knows everything there is to know 'bout MVs. We've got a few others that are very knowledgeable as well (not me, for goodness sakes)

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 06:09 AM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Randy and I agree on a lot of things. This is not one of them. There are people here who have forgotten more about MVs than I will ever know.

Now, if you want to know about taking one apart, I'm the man.

CAG
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 03:00 PM

Welcome mate. Just ride the sucker,don;t worry about the weather or the water temp.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode