MV Agusta USA Warranty Claims - any recent experiences? - MVAgusta.net
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-12-2017, 07:09 PM Thread Starter

MV Agusta USA Warranty Claims - any recent experiences?

Trying to gauge what the current state of organized readiness/responsiveness that MV Agusta USA is authorizing factory warranty claims. Anyone have any experiences to share??

Mine? 6 weeks with no answer on a few items - mainly my swollen fuel tank on my '13 F4(bought NOS, one year into it's original purchase/in-service date)

Before buying the F4, my 1090rr, also a 2013, had the same exact tank issue and this was during the MV's credit crunch/insolvency issues and it had appeared that there may be a serious delay on my replacement tank coming in - so i did what any rational person would do - i traded it in on another MV

But uh... whether its a dealership issue(hard to get a call or email back regarding status) - or a issue with MV responding to the dealer - these experiences leave an owner with a really sour taste... I dont expect stellar service from a Motorcycle Dealership(i mean, lets get real - its hard to get good service at a Mercedes Benz dealer), nor do I expect lightning quick responses from a manufacturer regarding warranty claim approvals, but when you're buying a luxury item from a boutique manufacturer and you receive a TV Cable Company level of customer service, it really makes you wonder where you should(or will) take your business next... and then youre reminded that even if you wanted to take your business somewhere else, how could you sell/trade-in a like-new precision machine to another enthusiast knowing its got a swollen and misaligned fuel tank that projects the image of being molded and assembled by a blind and drunk unskilled laborer -- and Not by a passionately skilled craftsmen at a state-of-the-art facility engineered with the help of Porsche, for an Italian brand whose slogan is is just that - "Passion. Precisely Crafted"

I guess my inquiry turned into more of a complaint. Kinda sorry for that, but not really. I have spoken with MV Agusta USA before, so I guess my next step is to give them a call - just curious if this is par for the course - a systematic to MV corporate - or if this is more of a localized issue with my dealer network.

Last edited by drunkentrader; 08-12-2017 at 07:15 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-13-2017, 08:10 AM

New Site Garage
My tank replacement took about 4 months for my 2014 F3 675. My sprag, front wheel speed sensor and back break pump took about 2-4 weeks.
My latest warranty claim for dropped valve in motor has not yet been approved which is entering the third week.
I think it is due to both dealer and MV. My dealer is constantly pushing MV for info but then MV takes their time to get back to them. Once MV approved warranty claim the parts are auto shipped from factory. From what I have been told.
The same day I took my bike to shop for blown engine a Ducati came in with a blown engine too. The Ducati engine arrived while I am still waiting for warranty approval.
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-13-2017, 05:13 PM

I personal can add I saved my ass off to buy a brand new 2015 F4 11 months into it and to say I have nothing but a bitter taste in my mouth is an understatement Had I not spent so much money on this POS I'd fly with it to Italy and launch it through there factory showroom. My first ever bike was a 2004 Yamaha r1 I bought used with 6800 miles on it. In the 4 year I owned it I put 86,000 miles on it and NEVER ONCE HAD A SINGLE ISSUE FASTER LIGHTER AND TURNED HEADS LIKE AN F4 with out the head ache. So with that said can someone please give me a number I can call for mv agusta USA and actually talk to a person because I'm very close to wanting to start a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT against this company for the way they handle sales and service of this so called elite POS
post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-13-2017, 06:45 PM

New Site Garage
It's on their website.
1-215-781-1770

I hear you. I saved my ass off too for the F3. Was my dream bike but turned into a nightmare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy M View Post
I personal can add I saved my ass off to buy a brand new 2015 F4 11 months into it and to say I have nothing but a bitter taste in my mouth is an understatement Had I not spent so much money on this POS I'd fly with it to Italy and launch it through there factory showroom. My first ever bike was a 2004 Yamaha r1 I bought used with 6800 miles on it. In the 4 year I owned it I put 86,000 miles on it and NEVER ONCE HAD A SINGLE ISSUE FASTER LIGHTER AND TURNED HEADS LIKE AN F4 with out the head ache. So with that said can someone please give me a number I can call for mv agusta USA and actually talk to a person because I'm very close to wanting to start a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT against this company for the way they handle sales and service of this so called elite POS
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-13-2017, 11:20 PM Thread Starter

I'm sorry to hear of both your experiences. I am disappointed with my experience - but not angry.. I guess the patience comes from the fact that I can still ride my bike - I guess it would be pretty hard not to expect anyone to be a bit irate if they were stuck without their horse.

Definitely dont want to provoke a revolt against MV Agusta, lol... so I will only say this: I would try reaching out to your dealer first, escalating your request for answers as high as can be taken. And if that doesnt work, call MV USA in PA, per the number listed above. I would document as much as you can first, put it in an email, submit it to both the dealer and MV USA, and then call them. Goes without saying, and no saying you would approach them as such - but sometimes it's easier to get someone to listen when you tell them you're disappointed in them rather than throwing rocks at them first.

Im gonna give my dealer one more call, and if I dont get an answer or the decency of a call back I will call MV USA to confirm if they received my warranty claim and if so ask for an ETA on part(s)
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-13-2017, 11:55 PM Thread Starter

hey Tommy,

Just read your thread about the exhaust valve servo issue and rear brake weakness.. did you have any other issues?

I had the exhaust servo replaced on my 1090rr - and it was actually repaired quickly with a warranty claim... its a pretty basic/worthless item either way... i think i told the dealer i could care less about it being replaced and they could just as easily remove the faulty item(unplug the cables) and id be happy. if i was to be able to choose anything to "break" on my bike i couldnt ask for more deserving part that wouldnt bother me too much..

i dont really use my rear brake, but know its a common issue(not just with MVs)

All in all, if those are the only two issues you are having I would say that you and your F4 are gonna do just fine together.

I have faith in the reliability of the 4 cylinder lineup as a whole... things like a cheap plastic fuel tank swelling on the other hand is bothersome... my 1090rr had it happen 9 months from new, same with my F4... and the bike before it, a ducati - did the same(although it actually was a complete loss, dumping gas - however it was 9 years old when it happened.)
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-14-2017, 06:32 AM

New Site Garage
I am not too bitter or trying to start against MV either. Last summer I was able to ride until my bike went to shop for the winter to get tank and sprag replaced. I did have to worry a bit if bike would start due to sprag but it made it through the riding season.
I have been without my bike now for 3 weeks since valve dropped so a little pissed about that since no word yet on warranty.
Call me whatever you may but I am saving for a F4 to purchase when the new model is released. I might be asking for punishment but I can't see myself going back to Japanese bikes just yet and have no desire to ride anything else. However my friend is letting me use his CBR 1000RR and it has peaked my interest in the SP version. My brain is telling me to get the CBR but my heart is telling me to wait for the F4
My dealer has been awesome and helped me through all my issues without any problems.
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-14-2017, 10:50 AM

My experience is somewhat similar with the TVL- basically a well enough engineered product ,but plaqued with on going stupid little issues that can't get resolved. I"ve spoken to my local dealership, MV Agusta USA many times and got absolutely no where. Yes, everyone is very nice and polite, very understanding of the on going issues, but at the end of the day , don't or cant do anything about the problems the bike is having.
The parts supply problems must be at the factory. There are no parts warehouse in North America.
The only way currently to get any action on warranty claims is to start the complaints process yourself. Here in Canada there is no motorcycle dealer association that deals with problems like this , as for instance like there is for cars/ trucks etc. So I started with the Better Business Bureau and see where that goes. Or , you could take the issues up with a lawyer and start a law suit as owners did, / are still doing with VW and their diesel scandal . We are one of those owners also.
Platitudes and promises never go anywhere. It's up to you.
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-14-2017, 11:44 AM

The dealership hahahaha I'm from Detroit Michigan and my review is posted against my dealership GOLD COAST MOTORSPORTS NY. I bought my bike sight unseen and my problems with them is beyond worse then warranty issue. They delivered my bike through hurricane weather in the back of a f250 open to the element and the dumb ass that tried to clean the bike scratched the windshield screwed up my stabilizer bar cuz of the wratchet strap placement lost a fairing bolt condensation in the mirror turn signals and mystery white spot in the upper right corner of my cluster and if i wasn't present at delivery he was not able to unload the bike alone. Now back to the losers at the dealership. I was beyond patient and went back and forth with the owner the sales rep and the service manager 4 months of finger pointing towards each other and then they all vanished Refuse to respond to calls and over 150 email attempts to resolve these issues and 10 months later I posted the review on goggle and still no acknowledgment. As far as mv agusta .... they should be lucky I'm a hands on kind guy and that I use this family forum for help to keep my bike rolling However had I not been would be mind blowing. Why should an elite bike such as an f4 BRAND NEW have a servo issue to the point I have rig and unplug cables at the exhaust flipper to shut off a failure warning and red light on the cluster which I have been told voids the warrenty lol which I'm sure they would respond with that news in hours not months lol. So yea that quick fix worked till a few weeks later the servo clearly didn't work right and locked up the top cable and ripped the bottom wire so then I had to remove my tank disconnect the cables all in all and that worked for a few days but then again exhaust valve message appears so I break down the bike yet again and grease up the inside of the servo and that's where I am today. So my approach with anger is warranted I am doing this shit to a motorcycle that is advertised and sold as the top of the crop elite world bikes. Really lol like I said my bike before this was a used R1 2004 6800 miles on her and paid 5000. In 4 years I did 86,000 miles of seasonal riding without a single issue What I should have done is bought 4 used R1 that would SMOKE this F4 and it would have been cheaper still with no issues. So sorry to all I might offend and I'm greatful to be part of this family it's just fucked up when u buy the Lamborghini of rockets and u end up with a lemon sold to me by some childish losers that have no concept to customer service or follow through no matter how this ends up my next bike will be a 1299 Ducati cuz at least they have dealership and service centers all over the place because as we all know if u live in the USA and need warrenty work done on an mv ur gonna be most likely shipping ur bike to do so I mean I live in the motor city Detroit michigan and not one approved mv in state Chicago being the closest all around pain in my ass is what this nightmare has turned out to be and it's a shame to have to jump through hoops like this for new elite turn key bike that has by far failed to impress me or comfort me that I'll ride it out cuz now I'm just waiting for the next glitch or break down and I'm still under 2500 miles. Smh. Ride safe to all and ty in advance for advice or help or comfort towards this thread lol
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-15-2017, 12:04 PM

New Site Garage
I am now entering the third week that my bike has been in shop with dropped valve. My dealer and myself have heard nothing about warranty status yet. I called MV USA this morning to ask about status and was told I would get a call back. I called back again to be told the main guy is out of office until Thursday. Tried to kindly explain that my bike is now entering 3rd week at shop with no status update and would appreciate some info ASAP. Now I should be getting a call back shortly but I very much doubt it.
Maybe I will try to call the main office in Italy tomorrow morning.
Does it have to be so difficult to get warranty info?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode