Extended Warranty - MVAgusta.net
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-24-2017, 02:19 PM Thread Starter

Extended Warranty

Hi was just wondering if anybody knew of any extended warranty available for our bikes.

F3 800 RC, Aprilia V4 Tuono,Yam RD400F
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-24-2017, 02:45 PM

New Site Garage
There's no factory extended warranty on offer that I'm aware of. Third party ones require full scrutiny and positive reviews from people who have made claims. Good luck finding one of those...
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-24-2017, 02:48 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksim View Post
Hi was just wondering if anybody knew of any extended warranty available for our bikes.
Hi. Did you check with the supplying dealer? My bike is still under warranty for best part of a year but bought and additional year of cover from my MV dealer when i bought the bike. Based on experience to date it may well be a wise investment
nigelrb and nigelrb like this.

F3 800 MY16
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-24-2017, 04:56 PM
Established Member

New Site Garage
I looked into purchasing an extended warranty shortly before my two year warranty expired last month. The only UK warranty I could find was Warranty Direct. The cost was about £440 for 12 months cover. Looking at the list of what was covered I decided that the niggling electrical gremlins that can affect our bikes would not be covered. Sure it covers failure of major mechanical parts but Iíve had these sort of warranties before and Iíve never had a claim paid in full. There are all sorts of exclusions which leaves you with a sizeable bill to cover the shortfall. I therefore decided not to bother. Iíve had my bike two years and Iíve only had the sprag replaced earlier this month so itís actually been pretty good over the last 5500 miles.

Colin

2015 Rivale
2005 Aprilia RSV Factory
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-25-2017, 04:28 PM

New Site Garage
Leveraged my extended warranty to pay for part of the replacing warped disks with upgraded disks. I need to now go in and inquire about expanding gas tank replacement.

'14 F4 RR ABS Pearly White/ Deep Black (13K miles still rolling, Haha!)
'13 Panigale S ABS (18.5K miles SOLD)
'15 Panigale R (2K miles)
'15 Fireblade SP (1K miles)
Los Angeles North
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-25-2017, 04:30 PM

New Site Garage
In my opinion its it is good to have as long as its backed by dealer

'14 F4 RR ABS Pearly White/ Deep Black (13K miles still rolling, Haha!)
'13 Panigale S ABS (18.5K miles SOLD)
'15 Panigale R (2K miles)
'15 Fireblade SP (1K miles)
Los Angeles North
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-25-2017, 08:20 PM
Established Member

New Site Garage
I got mine thru the dealer when I purchase the bike. It was offer to me. I did not even asked. I paid around $600 for 7 year full coverage except wear items. At current rate of things that have been fixed under warranty and the ones that I'm still awaiting parts. I think is well worthy.

2016 TVL
Las Vegas NV
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-26-2017, 01:34 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by llevero View Post
I got mine thru the dealer when I purchase the bike. It was offer to me. I did not even asked. I paid around $600 for 7 year full coverage except wear items.
$600 for the 5 year extension over the manufacturer's 2 year warranty is pretty good value for peace of mind. So long as the cover is as comprehensive as you say and they will pay out for parts and labour on all but service items.

I just paid close to £1k for a 5 year warranty on a VW Tiguan, that's a 3 year add-on to the standard 2 year included warranty. Granted this is an extension on the factory warranty and not an aftermarket one. The level of tech on the car makes me shudder to think of the cost of any failures... Given my past history with the marque I doubt I'll need it but the peace of mind is worth the cost to me.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-26-2017, 02:11 AM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by llevero View Post
I got mine thru the dealer when I purchase the bike. It was offer to me. I did not even asked. I paid around $600 for 7 year full coverage except wear items. At current rate of things that have been fixed under warranty and the ones that I'm still awaiting parts. I think is well worthy.
Thats amazing value! I got the same level of warranty coverage that you describe but only for one additional year and it was £100 here in the UK. Wish I could extend out to 7 years!!

F3 800 MY16
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-04-2018, 02:15 AM

I'm resurrecting this thread with a question regarding factory extended warranty in the US market.

In 2017, my friend bought a used 2016 F3 from a franchise dealer and was offered a factory extended warranty for extra 4 years and unlimited mileage at a cost of $1000. I've confirmed availability of such warranty through another MV dealer which happens to be out of state. Yesterday I called Tri-County Powersports about getting the warranty through them. The f&i manager had no idea what I was talking about. Does anyone else know about the extended factory warranty? My regular factory warranty expires in April this year and I'd want to get a factory backed extended warranty...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode