MV oem parts wait time..... grrrr - MVAgusta.net
 1Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-03-2017, 08:09 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Texas
Posts: 291
New Site Garage
MV oem parts wait time..... grrrr

Now let me first state up front this is not my first time ordering OEM parts from MV. I'm well versed in the typical times to receive my product.

With that said I still have a couple of small parts backordered through StarTwin which was ordered at the beginning of May. I might expect a longer fulfillment if I was ordered some very specialized engine component or something, but that's just it; these aren't what I would consider parts that would fall in that category. I could probably do without one of these items, but 2 other parts are simply M6 bolts and a small o-ring.

I even called MV directly and spoke with Jay and he indicated that they are still backordered on the part numbers I gave him. This is not a rant against StarTwin, just MV in general. Just felt like venting a little.

2015 F3 800
Spark is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-03-2017, 10:47 AM
Established Member
 
apelsinelise's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Colorado
Posts: 88
I hear you brother. It would be nice for MV to speed things up a bit.

2016 MV Agusta Turismo Veloce 800 Lusso
2014 Ducati Monster 1200S

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
apelsinelise is offline  
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-04-2017, 02:53 AM
Established Member
 
Marko G.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Posts: 200
New Site Garage
Hey I live a few hours away from the factory and I wait for the clutch switch now over 2 months...and this is not first time I wait for so long....

Turismo Veloce 2016
Marko G. is offline  
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-04-2017, 03:54 AM
Senior Member
 
gotojoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bellanagare, West Ireland 44 7875 299281
Posts: 9,930
Why don't you guys cast the net a little further and put a post in the Parts wanted section ?

You never know who in the membership has what tucked away in the garage..

Joe
JerryJoose and JerryJoose like this.
gotojoe is offline  
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-04-2017, 10:08 AM
Senior Member
 
anothermvfanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: melbourne, victoria
Posts: 2,785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marko G. View Post
Hey I live a few hours away from the factory and I wait for the clutch switch now over 2 months...and this is not first time I wait for so long....
man wht are u dng, go there in person and speak to them

________________________________________________

Sanity is the playground for the un-imaginative
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



2005 MV F4 1000S / 2006 Yamaha 50th anniversary R1 / 1998 Aprilia RS 125
1995 Suzuki RGV 250 / 2004 Cagiva Mito EVO2 / 2000 Cagiva mito
1992 Yamaha YZ250 / 1991 Kawasaki kr1s / 2010 Vespa GTS 300
anothermvfanatic is offline  
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-05-2017, 04:44 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark View Post
Now let me first state up front this is not my first time ordering OEM parts from MV. I'm well versed in the typical times to receive my product.

With that said I still have a couple of small parts backordered through StarTwin which was ordered at the beginning of May. I might expect a longer fulfillment if I was ordered some very specialized engine component or something, but that's just it; these aren't what I would consider parts that would fall in that category. I could probably do without one of these items, but 2 other parts are simply M6 bolts and a small o-ring.

I even called MV directly and spoke with Jay and he indicated that they are still backordered on the part numbers I gave him. This is not a rant against StarTwin, just MV in general. Just felt like venting a little.
Which bolts?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
JerryJoose is offline  
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-05-2017, 05:00 PM
Senior Member
 
MV Arthur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Midtown Manhattan, NY, USA
Posts: 2,384
Check with Alex at GP Racing. He has oem bolts and stuff listed on his site.

2009 F4 RR 1078 312
2005 F4 Tamboweenie
2005 F4 1000S
1999 Aprilia RS50
1996 Ducati 916
1959 MV Agusta TREL 125 Centomila

PAST - 2013 F4RR, 2008 F4 312R, 2005 F4 1000S, 1999 F4 750 S
MV Arthur is offline  
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-06-2017, 10:28 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Texas
Posts: 291
New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryjoose View Post
which bolts?

Sent from my nexus 6p using tapatalk
60ndb2738

2015 F3 800
Spark is offline  
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-06-2017, 10:59 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark View Post
60ndb2738
I mean where are the bolts located on the bike?
JerryJoose is offline  
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-06-2017, 11:24 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Texas
Posts: 291
New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryJoose View Post
I mean where are the bolts located on the bike?
Oh, these are for the housing for the starter gear assembly.

2015 F3 800

Last edited by Spark; 07-06-2017 at 11:31 AM.
Spark is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome