MV Agusta Forum banner

MV Agusta USA Set to Be Sold

3K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  Number70 
#1 ·
MV Agusta USA Set to Be Sold - Asphalt & Rubber

This week brings you more MV Agusta news, as Asphalt & Rubber has learned that MV Agusta USA is set to be sold in the coming days.
The rumored buyer is Joseph Elasmar, the Australian distributor for the Italian brand, who also imports a plethora of other small-volume brands, for the Australian market.
The move is part of an ongoing process to reorganize MV Agusta USA, in order for the Italian marque to re-enter more effectively into the American two-wheeled market.
An announcement of the deal’s signing is expected in the coming days.

See less See more
#3 ·
Agreed. Would be interesting to know what our friends from Oz think of this importer.

#4 ·
Further to the Asphalt and Rubber article Canada Moto Guide adds the the following.
“As for the Canadian distributor, it’s hard to say exactly what’s going on; we’ve been told buyers will be able to purchase MV Agusta’s 2017 models in Canada this year, but it’s unclear who will control the distribution, as Motovan is no longer running it. One rumour has the Canadian business coming under the US umbrella, but we were unable to talk to anybody who would confirm or deny that gossip. Regardless, we’ve been told 2017 models have been ordered, so if you want an MV Agusta this year, you should be able to get one.”

http://canadamotoguide.com/2017/01/09/rumour-mv-agustas-us-canadian-distributors-to-change-hands/

#7 ·
Joe and Alan are brothers who have a well established and professional business. These gentlemen are good friends of mine and they have taken MV to new heights in OZ. They are passionate about MV Agusta like all of us on here and that's what I think has driven them to success because they understand the consumer for this beautiful machine.

I am aware they will take over USA and Canada and im sure they will do an extremely professional and diligent job in pushing the brand into the market. You guys on the far side of the pond have nothing to worry about. Its all up from here.

#15 ·
Second this. I'm currently dealing with Alan from Urban regarding a warranty issue with my new F3 RC and so far i have nothing but compliments. Alan could have passed me on or just said go through my dealer but he has always returned my call and calls me with any updates. Despite what they are building he has always been professional and it's actually really nice to talk to someone as passionate about MV as i am!
They have expanded the dealer network here in Oz which MV needed and are extremely passionate about the brand. I can only see this as a good thing for the North American market and the brand worldwide.

#12 ·
Canada Moto Guide update:
“Just hours after rumours started circulating, MV Agusta has announced a deal with a new distributor for the North American market. Motovan is out in Canada (technically, they’ve been out since 2016), and Urban Moto Group is in.”

Hopefully this means we’ll be rewarded for sticking it out with better service, parts supply and increased dealer network.
I’m not holding out much hope that we’ll be seeing MV at any of the bike shows up here north of the border this year as the deal has just been struck. However, it’s looking good for the upcoming riding season. Also, maybe our resale/trade-in values will come up. One can hope.

http://canadamotoguide.com/2017/01/10/mv-agusta-announces-new-canadian-distributor/

#14 ·
This is great news. Our mates in the land of plenty have always mentioned the dedication and competence of their distributor. My experience with MV USA is limited but it has not been good...at all...issues of the manufacturer not withstanding. I welcome the change and look forward to a company that wants to be proactive with the brand and take care of their customers. :smile2: :smile2::smile2: 3 smiley's is my limit with the new format right? :wink2:

#19 ·
The Factory or shall I say Giovanni is very impressed with both joe and alans work at urban moto. This is why Giovanni has given them the opportunity to takeover the USa and Canada market. They get full support from the factory and not only that they have there own private funds which can help buy parts and keep them in stock

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.