California legal help - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 12:25 PM Thread Starter

California legal help

California legal help.
Hi Chaps

Firstly to start, my brother and I had dreamed about a motorbike trip through southern California since we were teenagers. This year we did it.
Tom my nephew, my brother Eugene and I took off and had several of the most wonderfully silly boy days on our motorcycles any adult could have... in the last phase of our trip, Tom, while riding between my brother and myself was involved in a collision with an oncoming SUV Chevy Suburban.

Tom is fighting for his life in the Ventura County Medical center. He is in a coma and we know his recovery will be difficult as he had to be resuscitated and has severer spine, heart, lung and shoulder injuries.

The Emergency responders Helicopter and the CHP officers on site were super, as are the people fighting for Tom’s life.

He accident happened on 28th June 2008 on Route 33. 22 km north of 150 junction, a well known CA motorbike run. Tom is an experienced 33year rider and knew 480lbs of motorbike is no match for 6000lbs truck, Tom was not playing Russian roulette, just enjoying the ride. As far as “we” can see the SUV was out of control on the corkscrew mountain road, a the policeman who was not on the scene already wants to blame the accident on Tom.

Tom and my Brother live in Vancouver BC, I live in Dallas TX is there anyone you might know who is specialized in this kind of motorcycle incident? Looks like my Brother is going to need all the help or advice he can get.

Thanks
Michael van Enter 214 773-7679
[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 12:42 PM

Sorry to hear about that and hopes for a full and speedy recover. There are some attorneys who adverstise themselves as motorcycle lawyers. I did a Google search and found some:

http://www.motorcycleaccidentexperts.com/

http://www.californiamotorcycleaccidents.com/

http://www.michaelpadway.com/

http://www.california-accident-injur...-Accidents.asp

http://www.bestmotorcyclelawyer.com/
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 01:25 PM

Best wishes for full recovery.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 06:12 PM
Established Member

Wow, I've ridden that road 15-20 times. Had a couple close calls too. Lots 'o' prayers for Tom and his family.

MotoMan
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 11:23 PM

I am of no legal help at all, but I'm very sorry to hear about your nephews misfortune ... I hope things will work out somehow.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 08:54 AM Thread Starter

Thanks to all of you for well wishes and links, Tom is off the iron lung so we are hopeful he well recover.

Cheers
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 09:44 AM

New Site Garage
OMG!!! That is horrible, I am sorry I somehow missed this post.

Glad to hear that he is making some progress, but I am sure there is alot of forest to clear before he is completely out of the woods on this one.

My best wishes for his full and speedy recovery. My thoughts are with him, your family and his friends. This is a horrible trajedy for each to endure, please let us know if you need anything.

As for legal advice, yes, there are many lawyers that specialize in motorcycle accidents, many of whom advertise on the television, and in the magazines. I was once told to never choose a lawyer who advertises, but I'm not sure there is any logic to that. My suggestion is to call around, maybe even meet with a couple of them, and find one that makes you feel comfortable that he is acting in Tom's best interest, not his own.

God Speed to Tom and your family as you navigate this truly unfortunate unpleasantry.

Get well soon, Tom!!!

Larry Griffiths

Griff
twoeleven
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 12:07 PM
Established Member

Try Russ Brown. www.russbrown.com He is a motorcycle attorney that is always advertising at the Rock Store. Never used him, but if I was in a motorbike accident he would be the first person I would think of.

Hope everything works out well.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode