Best Rides - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 09:58 AM Thread Starter

Best Rides

I live in San Francisco and my buddy lives in San Diego so we have picked a place central to us both. We meet in Taft California and spend the night at the Caprice Motel. In early morning we take the 33 to the 58 west through Hunter-Legit and pass the Hurst Hunting Lodge, up to Greenfield and hooked up with Carmel Valley Road I think G16 , 31 miles of twisties into Carmel, spent the night chasing girls then down Hwy 1 to San Louis Obispo (stopped at ragged point for a while to look at all the bikes that pass in and out) then the next day from SLO take the 58 East to Taft again. That is one of the - if not The Best rides I've been on. Anyone have a better ride?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 01:06 PM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to alvin
From big sur, go up nacimiento-fergusson rd if you want some incredible views of the coastline. A lot of people take it over the mountain and through Hunter Liggett Military reservation. You will have to make sure you have your paperwork straight (insurance, registration, license) as they will check it @ a checkpoint. You already have 58 covered and 33 through Ojai covered I imagine, so you're pretty set

The 25 out of gilroy running alongside 101 is also a good choice..
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 01:14 PM
Established Member

In SoCal....Ortega Highway, Palomar, Julian, Montezuma.

"I am a Cafe Racer myself, on some days - and it is one of my finest addictions." - Hunter S. Thompson
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 05:38 PM Thread Starter

I have taken my car from San Francisco on 101 to Hwy 1 north through Stinson up to Mendocino and then hooked up to the 101 up to Eureka to the Trinity Hwy to Redding and back. Oh Lord what a ride that is.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode