OUCH!!! I just broke my F-ing TOE!!! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 01:42 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
OUCH!!! I just broke my F-ing TOE!!!

Seriously. Ouch. I was working in the garage in my bare feet, and I took a full step and as my right foot was swinging forward at full speed, I slammed it into the handle of one of my Pit Bull stands...

So, its been ten minutes, the thing is all swelled up despite my ice-pack, and now it is turning blackish-purple, its the one to the left of my little piggy, on the right foot.

I was told once in school that all you can do is ice it, and tape it to the next toe over...Any other ideas?

Any MD's in the house? (Besides Peter, he's selling his Tambo so I can't take his advice, he's lost his mind).

Note to self...SHOES in the garage is a great idea...

Any help would be appreciated, I am applying Bacardi to my tongue to ease the pain, but that will only last til morning.

Thanks,

Griff
twoeleven
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 01:47 AM
Not very lucky..

WebMD buddy!!
You're right about Peter though
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 01:48 AM
Not very lucky..

Here is what I found............

What causes a toe to break (fracture), and what are the symptoms?
You may break one of your toes by stubbing it, dropping something on it, or bending it. A hairline crack (stress fracture) may occur after a sudden increase in activity, such as increased running or walking.

Symptoms of a broken toe may include:

A snap or pop at the time of the injury.
Pain that is worse when the toe is moved or touched.
Swelling and bruising.
Possible deformity (not just swelling), such as a toe pointing in the wrong direction or that is twisted out of normal position. A dislocated toe can also look deformed.
Decreased movement or movement that causes pain.
How is a broken toe diagnosed?
A broken toe is diagnosed through a physical examination. Your health professional will look for swelling, purple or black and blue spots, and tenderness. An X-ray may be needed to determine whether the toe is broken or dislocated.

How is it treated?
Home care after breaking a toe includes applying ice, elevating the foot, and rest. Medical treatment for a broken toe depends on which toe is broken, where in the toe the break is, and the severity of the break. In many cases, your doctor may recommend that a broken toe be "buddy-taped" to the uninjured toe next to it with padding in between the toes. The injured toe may need to be buddy-taped for 2 to 4 weeks to heal. A stiff-soled shoe may be helpful in protecting the injured toe.

In rare cases, other treatment may be needed, including:

Protecting the toe from additional injury. This may include using splints to stabilize the toe, a short leg cast, or a brace.
Surgery, if the break is severe.
Medical treatment is needed more often for a broken big toe than for the other toes. An untreated fracture may cause long-term pain, limited movement, and deformity.
post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 01:49 AM

Griff .... that SUCKS!!! You're right, there's not much you can do for a mangled toe, and it does hurt like hell.

Your current idea of medication is likely to work .... temporarily. Go see the doc tomorrow to get some of those pain pills that make you feel warm and fuzzy.
post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 01:54 AM
MV Cellist

Send a message via Yahoo to odonata Send a message via Skype™ to odonata
So sorry to hear that! man... hope you get better soon...

where is Dr. Greg the pimp of post when we need him?!

O D O N A T A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 01:55 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Thanks Dark, I was reading the same...It left out the Bacardi part, but Dr. Grand has OK'd my home remedy. Luckily, it isn't my shifting foot, so I shall continue prepping for my Saturday morning sortie.

Thanks for the advice, and I have just added a second dose of Bacardi, as the little bastard sure hurts big for such a little digit.

Stupid, STUPID, STOOOPID!

post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 01:59 AM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to alvin
YIKES! I hope its really not broken. Definitely get it checked out if it doesn't get better!
post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 02:15 AM
MV Cellist

Send a message via Yahoo to odonata Send a message via Skype™ to odonata
Quote:
Originally Posted by twoeleven View Post

Any MD's in the house? (Besides Peter, he's selling his Tambo so I can't take his advice, he's lost his mind).

O D O N A T A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 02:18 AM

post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 03:17 AM
I bet yr HOPPING mad mate! Sorry Griff, couldn't resist that

Keep one wheel down!

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But.....a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode